Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)

Waiting for Destiny 2 PC. Did you cave?

I am exclusively a PC gamer so it's fairly easy for me when it comes to Destiny 2; I have no choice but to wait for the PC release, so I wait. I will admit, hearing all the reviews and people talking about the game on console is tantalizing though even for me who doesn't have a console to just go buy it. I can imagine how bad it can be for people who do have a PS4 or Xbox One that decided to wait for PC.

I know my Guild Master caved one night and just said "fuck this" drove out to Gamestop and got it for his PS4 and told us he was just gonna buy both versions but wanted to play it now. Anyone else cave this bad? Anyone just say screw PC at this point and decide to just play the console version? Or are you also gonna just buy both?

Nope. I wanted it for console because that's what friends are getting it for.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I didn't cave! I am still waiting!

I was excited for it, saw the FOV and instantly noped out.

I wasn't even aware that it wasn't available on PC yet. But then I never planned to buy it anyway.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I wasn't even aware that it wasn't available on PC yet. But then I never planned to buy it anyway.
    Yep, PC release is not until October 24th

I was close to buying it for my PS4, But the thought of playing entirely solo or with randoms and "already getting bored" of the game before my friends even play it on PC put me off.

All my friends will play it on PC, and so will i. Looking forward to it!

7+ Year Old Account
    God no, FPS on a controller vs keyboard and mouse, not a hard choice to make.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more I look at it the less interested I am to be honest. Had they released the PC version alongside the console then I might have bit down on a purchase but now it's not really even on my radar.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I am still on the fence about it. I've heard some people have already beaten the raid are just standing around without much else to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    The opposite.

I was mildly excited to get the series on PC since I never played the first one. Reading all the gripes from console people has made all of that interest go away and I am not going to buy the game now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The opposite.

I was mildly excited to get the series on PC since I never played the first one. Reading all the gripes from console people has made all of that interest go away and I am not going to buy the game now.
    You should probably only follow the people who played Destiny 1 on console and 2 in the beta as apparently it makes a world of difference in game experience.

I haven't played it myself though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I am still on the fence about it. I've heard some people have already beaten the raid are just standing around without much else to do.
    Those people spend multiple days on this game, as in 24h days...what is the issue if you had fun for a couple of weeks? As long as I get more than 12 hours of legit fun out of it it's a success game in my book for 60 euro price.

Nah. I played Destiny 1 on PS4 and while it was enjoyable, it doesn't get close to PC. Also I don't want to pay for Playstation Plus.

Nah still waiting, ordered a new 144hz moniter though Acer 24" Predator XF240H so will have something new when it comes out.

This is exactly where I am. But I'm also really looking for a new game to dive into...

Nope was always getting it for console, i get the feeling its going to be flooded with cheaters like The Division was.

I can't stand the thought of playing an FPS with a controller instead of m/kb when I would have the choice to do either.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I raid mythics in WoW right now but my schedule just changed so I will have a lot less time to put into WoW's grind. So Destiny 2 seems like it'll be perfect for someone like me. I'm used to weekly resets and grinding gear. So if I can do it more casually than Legion, hell yes. I definitely get where you're coming from though, lack of content is also not good if you're gonna be mainly or exclusively playing a game.

My main thing though is that I am going to handle the Destiny 2 side of our WoW guild, so I got a bunch of buddies who will play with me, plus IRL friends and even family, all of them on PC. Even with lower amounts of content, having friends to complete it with definitrly stretches the lifespan of that content. I doubt I'll be too bored too quickly, but time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    God no, FPS on a controller vs keyboard and mouse, not a hard choice to make.
    Good lord, this. And what I found so insanely funny about it is, I played the demo and I was just headshotting for DAYS. I swear the hitbox for a headshot is bigger than their head, which would make it slightly easier for a console player to get a headshot, but makes it almost impossible NOT to on a PC. I probably had a 95%+ headshot rate through the whole demo. If that's going to be a thing, this PC port is going to be a cakewalk lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I will never, never sully my experience with an FPS by playing it with a fucking gamepad, low FPS and/or low resolution.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.