Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    So you're not allowed to critique an encounter even after completing it?
    Isn't whining what you do before doing it, i'm here saying my opinion after doing it.
    Ofcourse you can critique the encounter all you want!

What triggers some people in this thread (including me) is that you make it sound like the reason you had 30 wipes is because the encounter is buggy. While the orbs is helpful, you don't need them to complete the challenge with leech poison.

I have done a lot of challenges on alts, and Sigryn (as well as Worm challenge) is among the easiest. Additionally, Sigryn is very easy as a rogue because you have a lot of survival tools. That's the reason why it can be completed with around 900 ilvl and random legendarys (but to be fair, most challenges can be completed at 900 ilvl with 1-2 legendarys).

A lot of players in this game has once been raiding hardcore/more serious than they do now - and because they used to be "good", they tell themselves that they still are - but they just don't have the time. The reality is that WoW is a lot about game knowledge and being able to do your rotation, as well as react properly to situations - which all requires you to play extensively. I am a decent WoW player (right now) but that's only because I play an unhealthy amount.

TLDR of this post - the encounter is fine (Not buggy in my opnion), but it is also designed in a way that with 900 ilvl you need to make the dps check as well as surviving, while with 930 ilvl you just need to survive (because your gear negates the dps requirement). This is great, because it means people could get them months ago while it was a challenge for them, and now other players who play less (and therefore has less experience and gear) are starting to be able to do the challenges, while having their entire focus on dodging and doing the mechanics of the encounters. All in all, it creates a sence of satisfaction when you beat it!

Deleted
    As far as I remember from doing the encounter on my mage, there is some kind of randomness to the special abilities. Jarl is kinda scripted - he has his ranged phase, than melee phase, then either chasing you in bloodlust mode or doing whirlwind. Runes and shield have been quite random for me, and the Val'kyr also pretty much random. Though when I entered the final phase when the Runeseer starts spamming his shield + ancestral knowledge special, the other two seemed to stop harassing me much with their specials. Well, I was just running in circles spamming AoE and barrage to slow them so... tunneling mechanics and suddenly realised the fight was over.

Same thing was with the Agatha fight in fire spec which I did first, on my successful try everything just went smoothly. Though it was much easier to dodge boulders since I could blink around the defiled patches on the ground and did not had to melee the imps. And having the dragon breath legendary in combination with the blink robe was also nice, since I was blinking a lot. Pity that I cannot use my grappling hook in that encounter on my rogue, it would be quite handy for movement.

Everything follows the same pattern. I've done it as demonology, enh, arcane, assa and ret. Always the same pattern.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Everything follows the same pattern. I've done it as demonology, enh, arcane, assa and ret. Always the same pattern.
    As long as you have shield and runes, it's pretty random. I often had multiple times when I had to run over runes before another shield came up. Also, the whirlwind ability and bloodlust ability of Jarl happened random. What is scripted is that some kind of special happens from either one at specific points.