Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Stop projecting. I still watch my teams. I have no problem with the protesting, but I don't think you have the right to use your employer as a platform. Do it on your own time.
    They are the platform.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    The problem here is you assuming everyone who doesn't like disrespecting of the flag to be racists. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Espn layoff over 100 people recently with more expected? I think your math may be wrong on who they should be worried about.
    They're more worried about competition from other forms of entertainment. Sports is becoming less of a thing. NFL is dead in 10-20 years from the CTE thing anyways. But this specific thing isn't concerning to them.

"Disrespecting the flag" is subjective. Part of their objection to the anthem is that one interpretation of it has to do with Key being a slave owner or sympathetic to owning slaves or something.... I'm personally too lazy to investigate it, but if true, is it reasonable for children of former slaves to 'respect' the anthem? Is it 'disrespecting the first amendment' to disallow them the right to do that? They're not yelling slogans, they're quietly kneeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomis View Post
    1 million WOW 7 billion in the word and it has 1 million retweets! WOW! That's amazing! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Meanwhile Trump's tweet only has 162K likes. Sad...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Meanwhile Trump's tweet only has 162K likes. Sad...
    Who cares about tweets and likes seriously.
    U use it as a source for something.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I was, in the thread we already have on this.

Like I said, do keep up.
    Other thread has a shit title.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Oh no. The most orange and worst President in history, maybe ever, doesn't want to me a basketball team. How will they sleep at night?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    LeBron was a shill for Hillary, so of course he's butthurt about Trump. Curry has so much money invested in that cesspool, a.k.a California, that there's no way he'd go near Trump anyway.

A professional sports team going to the White House to celebrate their championship is symbolically much larger than any personal disagreements an individual player might have with a current president. These athletes are just disgracing themselves, ultimately. SAD!
    Actually, I hold them in higher regard since they stood up for their principles. Since you're all about the symbolism it shouldn't escape your notice that thats symbolically more important than just a rote traditional visit.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Thats not how it played out from what I read. Dude says "was an honor till you showed up", team gets uninvited, team then says "we aren't going" like no shit, you were uninvited.
    You read wrong. LeBron James said that, not Curry. James isn't on the Warriors.

"Dotard" is the only thing that comes to my mind.

Deleted
    I was about to say, just because you don't take Trump's side doesn't mean you took Hillary's. Personally, I took Vermin Supreme's side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Well, no way his fanbase can defend this, right?
    Oh right, i'm on MMO-C, my bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    LeBron was a shill for Hillary, so of course he's butthurt about Trump. Curry has so much money invested in that cesspool, a.k.a California, that there's no way he'd go near Trump anyway.

A professional sports team going to the White House to celebrate their championship is symbolically much larger than any personal disagreements an individual player might have with a current president. These athletes are just disgracing themselves, ultimately. SAD!

This one takes the cake, it even talks like Trump lol

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Elect a clown, expect a circus.

Top of the line ambassador-material right here...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    we already have a thread on this

closing