Deleted

Artifact Knowledge cap changing?

Remember how in 7.2 they changed the announced AK cap of 50 down to 40? I have a feeling they'll do the same thing again and cap it at 50 instead of 55.

50 - 169,650,100%
    55 - 630,000,100%

Probable, possible, unlikely?

7+ Year Old Account
    If we count trait 60 as base for crucible, and 75 as target, with the AP creep, the AK creep needs to keep pace. I think 55 will stay. 60 -> 75 = 15 traits. 40 -> 55 = 15 AK levels.

Is it wrong that I hope artifact power dies next expac?

I love how artifact skins and lore works but the system just sucks..

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

I hope it stays but instead of being a power gain its how you unlock skins.

But what do you think the x-pac alternate advancement should look like for the next x-pac? The artifact has provided a way to continue to "level" once at 110, and Blizz will likely keep some form of that system. I like the idea of always being able to "Improve" and I think concordance was a much better way to handle it instead of the old "paragon" way. I'm hoping its a scaled back class system where you have a simple screen that unlocks "tattos" or "runes" or what have you based on class. Keeps a small bit of that good class stuff we got in legion and the alternate advancement system without needing to skin a bunch of dev time into 12 seperate story lines.

They said somewhere recently directly or indirectly that the system is done this expac.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post

But what do you think the x-pac alternate advancement should look like for the next x-pac? The artifact has provided a way to continue to "level" once at 110, and Blizz will likely keep some form of that system. I like the idea of always being able to "Improve" and I think concordance was a much better way to handle it instead of the old "paragon" way. I'm hoping its a scaled back class system where you have a simple screen that unlocks "tattos" or "runes" or what have you based on class. Keeps a small bit of that good class stuff we got in legion and the alternate advancement system without needing to skin a bunch of dev time into 12 seperate story lines.
    I... well I miss tbcs style of end game. I miss the journey through harder and harder content. I don't personally feel that excessive grinds and rng are a good substitute for that.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post

I have to say that I like that the game puts something up that actually increases your power and takes effort to get, and I am by no means an AP grinder.

I think their heart is in the right place when they do something like this. It's a lot like the last few levels of vanilla 1.2 and 1.3, where you're still levelling but you can do lots of end-game content too, because each level doesn't give that much power, but it does give some, and the crucible points feel a lot like those final few talent points, too.

What I don't like about the system is how they've done catch-up. I think the rested XP system was vastly better and I think they should have gone with that for AP as well instead of AK, but that's a design flaw hidden within otherwise good intent.

I do think that you get too many rewards for doing easy content though. I don't think doing easy content should be rewarding for someone at high levels of AP. AP should reward grow your character to prepare your for the next challenge, and that next challenge should then reward more AP. Like levelling used to be as well. I really don't enjoy going into a random heroic every day and getting AP and things like that. (And I don't, even though I could)

Considering 7.3 is the last major content patch containing a regular raid tier this expansion, they have no need to cap it at lower AK.

They might release a ToV/Ruby sanctum raid in 7.4 or something to bridge the gap between now and the next expansion(part of which is in PTR datafiles already btw, Silithus crater).

7+ Year Old Account
    7.4: new boss: Blood of Sargeras. Drops: Blood of Sargeras. Can see that happen...

I'm sure there will be similar system with different name next expansion. Gonna keep the endless grind up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    7.4: new boss: Blood of Sargeras. Drops: Blood of Sargeras. Can see that happen...
    And the bosses Model, Mechanic: Arcway Oozes splitting over and over again until they are literally just "Drops" of Blood.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

artifact power is relly nice, artifact knowlage however is sad as it gives us a time frame were playing feels like a waste of time

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to worry anymore!

It is all automated now!

Just so people don't get lost, the system now holds your hand and makes you keep up with the others!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

yeah, it is wrong to think that. AP was one of the best things ever.