Poll: The Punisher Vs Deadpool

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deadpool stomps. Punisher gets wrecked by people like Kingpin, a nigh on immortal motherfucker like Deadpool would ruin his shit and shrug any damage off with little to no effort.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicmonger View Post
    Deadpool has literally been cursed by Thanos to not be able to die no matter what, he is as immortal as it gets without taking into account reality manipulation.
    I don't really care. He's not invulnerable.

Deleted
    Whoever the writer wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    I vote other.

Depends on the writer.
    This is true, I still remember that horrible period of time when some writer wanted Deadpool to be more "street" level and had such great moments as him losing in a fight to 2 teenage school girls...

On the other hand, he's defeated a Skrull invasion by himself and can beat Taskmaster with 1 hand tied behind his back. So, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Depends on who wrote the comic, im still fucking salty the punisher was able to kill wolverine
    When did that happen?

- - - Updated - - -

In answer to the thread question, I would say Deadpool's nigh immortality gives him an edge. Call me crazy. Beyond that, Deadpool doesn't exactly exist in the same reality as the Punisher so you might as well be asking if Bugs Bunny can beat Superman.

The reader wins if they don't read anything with deadpool in it. Worst Comic book character ever created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The reader wins if they don't read anything with deadpool in it. Worst Comic book character ever created.
    Worse than "Seaguy?"

- - - Updated - - -

I voted Punisher because I prefer him figuring out how to beat Deadpool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Deadool is pretty much Cell, no matter what you do to him he'll regenerate. Punisher is tough, but he's just an ordinary guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Punisher needs the kind of bullshit handicap that nearly every enemy of Superman get to have the slightest chance in what is otherwise a simple suicide.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deadpool can barely win fights with his powers, against the big fish he usually just survives until he can get done what he needs to, though I might mention that OP doesn't mention the terms of the fight and hand-to-hand it seems very possible that Wade Wilson could win no powers. If we're talking standard arsenal without powers its obviously a Punisher case, but without some super secret regeneration nullifying something Punisher can't kill DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Deadpool can barely win fights with his powers, against the big fish he usually just survives until he can get done what he needs to, though I might mention that OP doesn't mention the terms of the fight and hand-to-hand it seems very possible that Wade Wilson could win no powers. If we're talking standard arsenal without powers its obviously a Punisher case, but without some super secret regeneration nullifying something Punisher can't kill DP.
    Deadpool is more skilled than it seems he just doesn't normally bother with skill since he can just do it in the way he considers it most fun.

Just because Wade is written as a goofball doesn't mean he's incompetent. He was special forces, Frank was just a rank and file grunt. Powers or no powers, Punisher is outclassed in this match-up.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deadpool.
    Times 10 if he didn't forget his bag.

I think some of you are underestimating Deadpool's fighting skills. Yes, he is very silly and over done. He still doesn't need his super powers to win fights. He is frighteningly dangerous even without them.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Wade_Wilson_(Earth-616)
    "Abilities
    Master Martial Artist: Deadpool is an extraordinary martial artist, hand-to-hand combatant, and is a master in multiple unarmed combat techniques. He has been shown fighting such amazingly skilled fighters as Wolverine and Taskmaster and even defeating them in hand to hand combat.[107] This shows that Deadpool himself is among one of the most skilled fighters in the Marvel universe, although in some fights it has been attributed to him being unpredictable.
    Master Assassin: He is a master of assassination techniques, espionage methods, covert operations, infiltration methods, escape artistry, marksmanship, and is highly skilled with many bladed weapons (frequently carrying two swords strapped to his back) and a number of other weapons including firearms. "

That's not to say its a guaranteed win. Punisher is an excellent tactician. He is quite capable of thinking of and executing a plan to defeat Deadpool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Just because Wade is written as a goofball doesn't mean he's incompetent. He was special forces, Frank was just a rank and file grunt. Powers or no powers, Punisher is outclassed in this match-up.
    Rank and file grunt that has special forces training. And by grunt, I mean, Marine Corps officer in the Special Forces. The Punisher is considered to be one of the finest officers ever produced by the U.S. Military. Too bad he went off the deep end and became a serial killer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Worse than "Seaguy?"
    You're fucking drunk. Seaguy was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    When did that happen?
    Punisher kills the Marvel Universe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    You're fucking drunk. Seaguy was brilliant.
    I suppose if one were to change the definition of "brilliant" to mean it's antonym, you'd be correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Punisher kills the Marvel Universe
    And that actually "counts" in your mind? A one-shot with the specific gimmick of showing the Punisher killing everybody in the MU... of course he's going to kill Wolverine.

I uh... accidentally clicked the wrong option aha.

In a straight assessment of powers and abilities, it's Deadpool no question. I'm sure you could make a good story out of it though.

In fact there appears to be one running right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Even if you are the world's biggest hater of Deadpool, he's ahead of about 5,000 characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, Frank has zero patience for bullshit. And Deadpool is 100% bullshit. If Frank knows he's coming and has time to prep, Frank will set up a battle arena that Wade can't resist. And when Wade dives in for the fight, Wade'll hit him with a .50 caliber from the bleachers. And keep firing until Wade is hamburger. Toss a few grenades in as he runs down to keep Wade chunky, and then pull out the machete and start carving.

Stick each bit of Wade in a glass jar filled with acid, stick the jars in concrete, and then go on a boat trip, dropping bits of Wade as deep as they'll go.

Frank doesn't want to fight. Frank wants to win.

And no; the acid isn't meant to keep Wade from regenerating. It's meant to slow it down long enough for the concrete to set.

If you put them both on either side of a room and said "On 3, FIGHT", I'd lay money on Wade instead, but in a fight where they each get to be smart about it, I'm betting on Frank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda silly, obviously DP is gonna win it..

Get really tired of comics being written where regular people ( batman ) keep up with insane super heros ( superman ) ....

I mean please... stop coming up with 'anti super hero doohickeys' that insta win against impossible odds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The thing is, Frank has zero patience for bullshit. And Deadpool is 100% bullshit. If Frank knows he's coming and has time to prep, Frank will set up a battle arena that Wade can't resist. And when Wade dives in for the fight, Wade'll hit him with a .50 caliber from the bleachers. And keep firing until Wade is hamburger. Toss a few grenades in as he runs down to keep Wade chunky, and then pull out the machete and start carving.

Stick each bit of Wade in a glass jar filled with acid, stick the jars in concrete, and then go on a boat trip, dropping bits of Wade as deep as they'll go.

Frank doesn't want to fight. Frank wants to win.

And no; the acid isn't meant to keep Wade from regenerating. It's meant to slow it down long enough for the concrete to set.

If you put them both on either side of a room and said "On 3, FIGHT", I'd lay money on Wade instead, but in a fight where they each get to be smart about it, I'm betting on Frank.
    Ah, so if you set it up with exactingly specific rules(aka bullshit) then punisher wins, in a straight fight, deadpool wins.

I judge by who wins a non fanfic-y bullshit fight, so deadpool wins. By kind of a lot. punisher's greatest win in this specific type of competition, was against wolverine, whom he couldn't kill, so he just left him crushed under a steamroller until he calmed the fuck down.

but deadpool's an entirely different animal. wolverine, you can taunt, you can blind with rage, deadpool? he's unpredictable, he'll walk directly into a trap simply because he's feeling lazy that day. he'll kill a nigh-immortal vampire with a comfy chair he made from a half ton of plastic explosives. He can avoid an RPG-7 by jacknifing an 18-wheeler and rolling the windows down so it passes through the cab.

Point is, deadpool is nowhere near cut and dry enough to just say "oh this plan would definitely work for realsies"
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening