Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Man.. Tennis. How do you manage to tie your shoes in the morning? Spinning this as a victory is non-sensical. They've lost like 8.5%, their coalition parter almost 5 and they want to go into the oppositon. The right-wing part din't just make the cut, they stormed into the parliament. Her only option to form a working government is to do some fucked up coalition with the green retards (yay, education will go even more down the shitter, now for the whole country) and actual neo-cons (despite calling themselves liberals.. lol), that sell out the average joe in a heart beat if it means they can get some extra €.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    13% means that they are growing at an insanely high rate.
    They did grow a lot, but that definitely does not mean that this is going to be a trend. Afd basically got 13% under a set of circumstances that is almost ideal for their kind of party: during crisis where the country has a ton of foreign people coming in. I suppose they might've done a little better 5-6 months ago, but likely this is close to their peak unless the country faces a crisis worse than the Syrian refugee one somewhere around the next election. I honestly expect that as this whole thing slowly dies out their support too will wane, and they'll be at 5-9% again next election. The same is true for someone like Le Pen. These groups need a perfect storm to get a chance, and all over Europe that perfect storm still wasn't enough to get them in power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    87% didn't vote for the right wing party. Isn't that a rejection?
    CDU/CSU[35%] + FDP[11%] + AfD[12%] = 68%.
    Your math is a tad off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskaron View Post
    The best part is people completely freaking out about the AfD. They got 13%, they can't do shit.
    Nah the best part is the people jeer as US Democrats lose deep red seats by a couple percentage points and then turn around to say that this is a huge victory for the AFD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    More refugees = more people vote for right wing parties. Colour me shocked.
    However it'll be fun to see how the CDU/CSU, the Green Party and the FDP will have to form a coalition. Truly marvelous.
    Yeah. A bunch of white people see someone with a higher melanin count on TV and suddenly think the sky is falling.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    CDU/CSU[35%] + FDP[11%] + AfD[12%] = 68%.
    Your math is a tad off.
    If you want to be entirely correct you have to factor in the 34,4% that didn't vote at all, which is another problem.

I'm not a fan of the AfD BUT I'm glad Merkel and the CDU lost a lot and that there will be no great coalition, at least we will have a strong opposition this time around.

>rejecting right wing
    >elects Merkel who voted against gay marriage and leads a right wing party

:thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Nah the best part is the people jeer as US Democrats lose deep red seats by a couple percentage points and then turn around to say that this is a huge victory for the AFD.
    It complicates things both die Linke and AfD have over 20% of the votes the Spd wants no coalition, so 40% of the parliament is pretty much useless for coalitions, the only option left on the table are Greens, FDP and CDU/CSU and this will cost merkel because her junior partners can demand quite a bit for cooperation.

Oh my some people spout rubbish here or like 12 years behind with their informations. CDU used to be a conservative party with a very smlight christian spin outside of bavaria. Calling them right wing is ludicrious. They have always been the party of career politicans, banksters and lawyers, but certainly nothing among anything as right wing as the US has to offer (even democrats are more right wings usually). Under merkel they essentially played "flag in the wind", actively sabotaged the green and social parties' core topics and went to the left in all but the name. That they cuddled muslims ("islam is a firm part of germany") and failing miserably in the refugee crisis is what cost her. Besides the protest votes they are no longer the conservative part of the covernment, which is why they hemoraged people left right and center. The only reason they didn't lose more is probably because Nazi in 2017 still has a meaning. In 2021 this will no longer be the case if nothing changes. While she will probably be the chancelor once again she will be a sitting duck pretty much or spear head one of the worst coalitionsin ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    They did grow a lot, but that definitely does not mean that this is going to be a trend. Afd basically got 13% under a set of circumstances that is almost ideal for their kind of party: during crisis where the country has a ton of foreign people coming in. I suppose they might've done a little better 5-6 months ago, but likely this is close to their peak unless the country faces a crisis worse than the Syrian refugee one somewhere around the next election. I honestly expect that as this whole thing slowly dies out their support too will wane, and they'll be at 5-9% again next election. The same is true for someone like Le Pen. These groups need a perfect storm to get a chance, and all over Europe that perfect storm still wasn't enough to get them in power.
    This is certainly more than possible, and the UK has shown that compelling left-leaning message can reverse the trend. It will require the establishment parties to take this threat seriously. Which...I'm less hopeful of.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    More refugees = more people vote for right wing parties. Colour me shocked. However it'll be fun to see how the CDU/CSU, the Green Party and the FDP will have to form a coalition. Truly marvelous.
    Not quite Trump levels of bitter-sweet hillarity but certainly on the same track .

What kind of economic policies does merkel support? What kind of economic policies does the AFD support?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If you want to be entirely correct you have to factor in the 34,4% that didn't vote at all, which is another problem.
    Add to that the 4.8% whose vote was invalidated and you have nearly 40% of the country not represented. The winnter this election is actually no one . Edit: Nvm, the math doesn't work like that. The other values are not th absolute numbers., still kind of frightening to thinl that 1/3 of the country did not vote apporve of the current government.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-09-24 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    >Rejects right wing rhetoric
    >By electing a right wing leader.

...what?
    Do your homework, huge difference between those parties.by that logic only two should exist, left or right.

Deleted
    Of course Merkel "wins", what is the surprise?
    She's a center right-leaning candidate, of course she wins. Most people are not ideologically vested. The political center is where the votes are.

What's different is that AfD gets some power in parliament where they previously had little. It's not like AfD had any kind of chance against CSU/CDU, and anyone who thought otherwise are delusional. Neither Linke nor AfD had any kind of chance against SPD and CDU.

What matters is not that they "win", but that they have an influence. It's not like USA where you're either a donkey or elephant, or you're out. If they don't soil their reputation with scandals or inaction, they'll have plenty of leverage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    87% didn't vote for the right wing party. Isn't that a rejection?
    THE right-wing party? There's more then one you know.
    Btw, buy yourself a calculator will you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Well, seeing as what happened to my family the LAST time the far-right came into power in Germany...

But I know that you don't care about things like "other human beings", so I don't expect you to understand.
    Except the far-right never ruled the Germany bro. Hitler and his minions were far, far-left.

i don't think leaders should have more than two terms, like our presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Except the far-right never ruled the Germany bro. Hitler and his minions were far, far-left.
    Uh huh. And tell me, why did neo-Nazis march in a rally called "Unite the Right"? Why do they identify as right-wing?