Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    However, e.g. Rogues can't get Druid recolors, which are usually Int items (until Legion content)
    They did fix a bunch of this for old dungeons, most loot in the game has agi/int or str/int now, quest items included. (capes/jewelry don't seem 100% updated yet)

Exceptions are on let's say some random drops "of the eagle/bear" etc.

Raid loot not sure yet, but this does go for multiple expansion loot since 7.3.

Now of course it still means you cannot collect daggers on a warrior, despite able to equip it, but the loot tables are made for actual to make sense for the spec a bit.

(agi 2 handers for brewmaster, agi 1 handers for windwalker, int staves for mistweaver, int/str shields for holy/prot pala, strength 2 handers for ret)

Just checked dungeon journal, most raid drops in Molten Core even up to Siege of Orgrimmar have agi/int , agi/str, int/str items as well, which wasn't the case prior to 7.3, as long as it's not a weapon/set item/jewelry/cloak, it seems consistent for armor.

They might homogenize raid capes/jewelry later of course, because they certainly did for the majority of dungeon loot already for multiple expansions pre-WoD, not just timewalking.

7.3.2 didn't seem to change anything regarding loot stats (PTR dungeon journal)
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-25 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Just checked dungeon journal, most raid drops in Molten Core even up to Siege of Orgrimmar have agi/int , agi/str, int/str items as well, which wasn't the case prior to 7.3, as long as it's not a weapon/set item/jewelry/cloak, it seems consistent for armor.
    Ah ok, that's good, then it's mostly the "Warrior nerf" in regards to weapons. Usually the main reason I run old raids though :P
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    They did fix a bunch of this for old dungeons, most loot in the game has agi/int or str/int now, quest items included. (capes/jewelry don't seem 100% updated yet)

Exceptions are on let's say some random drops "of the eagle/bear" etc.

Raid loot not sure yet, but this does go for multiple expansion loot since 7.3.

Now of course it still means you cannot collect daggers on a warrior, despite able to equip it, but the loot tables are made for actual to make sense for the spec a bit.

(agi 2 handers for brewmaster, agi 1 handers for windwalker, int staves for mistweaver, int/str shields for holy/prot pala, strength 2 handers for ret)

They might homogenize raid capes/jewelry later of course, because they certainly did for the majority of dungeon loot already for multiple expansions pre-WoD, not just timewalking.

7.3.2 didn't seem to change anything regarding loot stats (PTR dungeon journal)
    Hunter still cant roll need on INT Mail gear in old raids.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Hunter still cant roll need on INT Mail gear in old raids.
    Well, 7.3 dungeon journal does show a ton of non-set agi/int mail that was just pure int or agi before the patch, so a change is still coming in some way or another, obviously a work-in progress.

Now loot rolling vs personal loot, might still have bugs, group loot most likely involved.

I just know the dungeon journal "spec" loot is mostly meant for personal loot.

Those changes are all unofficial pretty much and likely just 1 step "preparation" before a full loot squish/scaling system in the future, it wasn't even in the patch notes aside from hotfixes.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-25 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Well maybe dont say stuff like
    "Seems like you're just prowling around trying to be a smart ass."
    "Good lord why are you being so difficult lol"
    if you are unsure of yourself when your making claims that are most for sure not true?
    and yeah personal loot does, it gives loot based on the amount of people, it randoml decides who gets loot then gives them a peice based on their spec, and if lower ilvl then what they have, they can trade it. same rulesets.
    You were being difficult. You were trying to "call me out" on imaginary claims just for the sake of trying to prove someone wrong about something I didn't really try to argue. That's being a difficult smart ass. Sorry.

As I said, I'm fairly sure it's true, but as with anything I could be wrong about it. At the start of Legion, I ran SoO in a 3-man group and every single person in the group got loot from every boss. Maybe I'm wrong and fluked ridiculous luck? Maybe SoO and DS works different? Maybe you're wrong? Who knows. I would test it, but I'm not at home to do so.

But the thing is, if I'm wrong about that one particular thing it literally has no effect on the actual point I was making in my post, so there was really no reason to go to town trying to argue that one particular point. That's just being difficult and pedantic. Should've let it go!

As for Personal loot behaving differently in different content... please see M+, where you get more loot if you beat the timer. Also see World Bosses, where your chance of getting loot doesn't directly correlate to the number of people who tagged it. There we go, different behaviour in different types of content. The LFR example was surplus to requirements.

@FelPlague For the record, https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._100_droprate/

There you are, wasn't imagining it Can't test it to see if it's still the case.
    Last edited by Leih; 2017-09-25 at 02:17 PM.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    You were being difficult. You were trying to "call me out" on imaginary claims just for the sake of trying to prove someone wrong about something I didn't really try to argue. That's being a difficult smart ass. Sorry.

As I said, I'm fairly sure it's true, but as with anything I could be wrong about it. At the start of Legion, I ran SoO in a 3-man group and every single person in the group got loot from every boss. Maybe I'm wrong and fluked ridiculous luck? Maybe SoO and DS works different? Maybe you're wrong? Who knows. I would test it, but I'm not at home to do so.

But the thing is, if I'm wrong about that one particular thing it literally has no effect on the actual point I was making in my post, so there was really no reason to go to town trying to argue that one particular point. That's just being difficult and pedantic. Should've let it go!

As for Personal loot behaving differently in different content... please see M+, where you get more loot if you beat the timer. Also see World Bosses, where your chance of getting loot doesn't directly correlate to the number of people who tagged it. There we go, different behaviour in different types of content. The LFR example was surplus to requirements.

@FelPlague For the record, https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._100_droprate/

There you are, wasn't imagining it Can't test it to see if it's still the case.
    So literally just SoO, every other LFR raid doesent do that?
    im not really putting full bother into this cause i simply dont want misinformation being spread, but you seem VERY heated about this.
    So im gunna log so you can chill.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    So literally just SoO, every other LFR raid doesent do that?
    im not really putting full bother into this cause i simply dont want misinformation being spread, but you seem VERY heated about this.
    So im gunna log so you can chill.
    You're hilarious.

Call me a prick, proceed to ignore the content of my post and try to prove me wrong for something irrelevant that really doesn't affect what I was saying, then pretend you're the one doing me a favour by backing out when you realise you haven't a leg to stand on.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You get less items, but only items you can equip, as opposed to the entire loot list. For transmog, chances are this actually improves your chance to get what you want.
    Yeah, I was always hopping they'd give a 'transmog mode' option for running old raids. You get the same number of pieces, but only things that are equippable. To make it from being too good it can drop equippable pieces you may or may not be able to use, but it won't drop necks, rings, trinkets, etc that aren't mogged.

WoW loot works about as good as using a hammer as a screw driver.

Sure the end result will be fucked up and it takes longer But they will force it to fit
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-09-25 at 06:37 PM.

its both anti-social and anti-douchebag system

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    Does it have a dialogue popup to ask you if you need it?
    Yeah that would be good. It would make it so people don't have to do it manually like they do now, saying "roll for this thing" and then everyone rolls and someone misses the message but realizes after and gets a higher roll but they already gave away the item or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    WoW loot works about as good as using a hammer as a screw driver.

Sure the end result will be fucked up and it takes longer But they will force it to fit
    Anaxie is the most intelligent person on mmo-c.

Along with Bjoramier. (sometimes)

5+ Year Old Account
    group loot was pretty entertaining. felt like you were /rolling against your group, and everyone would have to wait to see who was the lucky one to get it... a minor feeling of excitement.

i also oddly liked it for that. i don't get that intense pause from personal loot (maybe only when looking at what others got), im sure there are other bonuses to it for lewt satisfaction... but yknow... ye just cant help but miss old habits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    It's just given randomly to folks? I remember when loot would drop and you would roll need or greed...what happened to that? Not sure I like this new system.
    Magic happens and people are happy. See?
    Oh and btw your post history tells me everything I need to know about your self-professed confusion.

But hey your the one making the claim, can you prove it? Can you show me ANY LFR Where you are garunteed loot every boss kill to everyone in the group?
    Throne of Thunder give you one loot per boss on PL at least. Only one I tried in Legion though.

Got bored and ran Bloodmaul Slag Mines on my Rogue on Mythic and Heroic, pickpocketing trash and killing bosses, got an item for my class from each boss.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    It's just given randomly to folks? I remember when loot would drop and you would roll need or greed...what happened to that? Not sure I like this new system.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pjvQFtlNQ-M

It works 60% of the time, everytime