Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    if you do AP worldquests everyday aswell as invasions + mission then you are at roughly 70/71 now already
    if you consider that farming then yes you will have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    So which wannabe hardcore raider in a guild that's actually ranked 30k+ in the world are you?
    I barely raid bro. maybe once a month. the sad part is throughout the week. I only farm ap for less than 90 minutes<has a life. so on the weekend I normally knock out some high m+. sad thing is in any other expansion I would have 6 toons max leveled and for the better part geared AND raiding....now I can't even start playing a new toon without being depressed at all of the current chicanery you have to traipse thru. the legion quests, the class hall unlocks, suramar, argus. all complete with time gates. not to mention the ap grind you have to complete reach average potential. it's insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    AP is a huge success, keeps the average player playing. Nobody cares about 0,1% mythic raiders that want everything at once ASAP.
    Not a mythic raider. I would like to be able to hop on an alt freshly dinged. do some heroics, gear up, and get into raiding normal/heroic on different classes. but the quest/artifact/time gates prevent that for people with lives. if I was a little millennial living off ma an pa sure I could poopsock wow for 8 hours a day. that isn't the case when you have a fam and actually have to work

71 almost 72 here and short of doing heroic/mythic ToS and Mythic NH every week I barely farm. I’ll do AP WQs only if they are above 500m AP and I don’t do any of the daily heroics.

We have one person at 75 already, a couple at 74, a few at 73, a lot of us are 70-72, and then there is the rest.
    YouTube Channel
    Twitch Stream
    Beatmyfur - Guardian Druid - Stormrage- 1/11M Antorus

Quote Originally Posted by jontunnel130 View Post
    I barely raid bro. maybe once a month. the sad part is throughout the week. I only farm ap for less than 90 minutes<has a life. so on the weekend I normally knock out some high m+. sad thing is in any other expansion I would have 6 toons max leveled and for the better part geared AND raiding....now I can't even start playing a new toon without being depressed at all of the current chicanery you have to traipse thru. the legion quests, the class hall unlocks, suramar, argus. all complete with time gates. not to mention the ap grind you have to complete reach average potential. it's insane.

Not a mythic raider. I would like to be able to hop on an alt freshly dinged. do some heroics, gear up, and get into raiding normal/heroic on different classes. but the quest/artifact/time gates prevent that for people with lives. if I was a little millennial living off ma an pa sure I could poopsock wow for 8 hours a day. that isn't the case when you have a fam and actually have to work
    The class campaign requirement is lifted - you no longer need it to unlock 3rd relic slot (you only need it for the class mount / class set transmog). You no longer need to do the questlines to "empower" artifact and unlock 7.2 traits (you only need these to unlock mage tower challenges). You no longer need friendly rep with every faction to unlock broken shore WQs on alts, you only need it on 1 char, so you can level through invasions or dungeons and not lose much. You do need to do Argus questline if you care about profession quests, new order hall missions and Argussian Reach emissary, but at least the world boss and Army of the Light WQs in Antoran Wastes are unlocked account wide. Suramar was never needed on more than 1 char for flying really. Catch up gear is plentiful and AP is not something pugs usually inspect, you do 3 WQs and get tons of traits, no one really checks if you have 60+ points on some alts...

I think you're still living in 9 months ago when alts were a horrendous chore and not worth playing. But it's not the case now, unless you have some OCD you need BIS legendaries and full crucible on an alt (you don't). I cleared HC TOS on 6 alts by now I think, and most of them don't have BIS legendaries and I don't farm AP on them either, just send some table missions and whatever they get from the raid boss kills. And no, I don't mean I clear hc on 6 chars every week, I just go on 1 until it gets 4 set and trinkets and then switch to another one.

You don't need to "farm" ap to be 75 by Antorus. I'm just under 72 from the small amount or raiding, M+, and wq's I do and it will only get easier and more efficient as AK levels go up. If you do a bit of content each week you'll just passively get it. I'd say the week before or maybe even day of (since AK will be one level higher) Antorus farm out whatever you're missing from 75 if you aren't already there.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

I'm at 71 now with no farming at all so far ... except to be 74 or so by the new raid with no change to what I'm doing.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    I mean.. most in my guild are around 70-71 at the moment without much grinding, the people who are serious about their raid spots are higher. Most alts are around that too.
    But yes, you absolutely need to hit 75 before progression starts..

Why the hell wouldn't you want to do that?! Why is this even a question? Of course you want to give your raid the best possible start and prepare as much as you possibly can.

I'm 40% to 74 and I've only been doing our weekly ToS Heroic clear, the weekly M+ chest, missions (which aren't actual play time), and blue-quality AP world quests (or better). With Argus's available quests in the mix, this is roughly an hour per day depending on spawns (which includes the time I spend doing the PvP WQs regardless of their reward).

I don't necessarily see an hour a day as a big deal, but some might. However, reaching 75 before Antorus definitely doesn't feel as difficult as it did when 7.3 dropped. The abundance of AP quests from Argus coupled with the Argus AP missions being piss-easy to bonus with the new champion equipment has really helped.

Yeah with weekly tos clear(difficulty doesn't matter), argus ap wqs, weekly m+ chest + a few more when i am in the mood and missions I am near 74 traits already.
    I don't do the old wqs anymore except the pvp ones and when a good ap wq is on the way. I even stopped doing the daily chests everyday, maybe every 3-4 days when i don't forget it, but i am sure i will reach 75 when or before antorus releases.

Luck with the orderhall proc is also huge. One day argus was full with ap quests and ofcourse the invasions and most of these big ap tokens were a proc. That can boost really well.
    Dying could endanger your health!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    I mean.. most in my guild are around 70-71 at the moment without much grinding, the people who are serious about their raid spots are higher. Most alts are around that too.

Why the hell wouldn't you want to do that?! Why is this even a question? Of course you want to give your raid the best possible start and prepare as much as you possibly can.
    There is some effort related to this, and for those who absolutely detest farming it can cause more damage due to demotivation than the extra 1-2 traits you get, and believe it or not people will use some alts on progress that wont be 75. So if a few people in a top 200-300 guild doesnt have those extra 2 traits (which may have rolled terribly) it is not gonna be the reason they are rank 200-300. Ofc if you are a hardcore guild this requirement is fairly easy to achieve and will most definitely be required for main, while any alt used for progress will most likely be expected to be at 72, but 69 is probs just fine aswell.

I'd just wait till the week before and do some hardcore grinding then.

Probably not and even if you did need to do that to get it probably wouldn't be worth it... how much do you really gain from that 75th trait? My BM hunter gets like 2 focus off the cost of its cobra shot pr 2% extra damage to each cobra shot... hardly going to make a noticeable difference. Probably not even .5% extra dps.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post

Not sure if sarcasm...

If you're a top mythic guild, then the guild has probably exact rules what is required.
    If you're a middle of the pack mythic guild, then you're either barely surviving the great tomb burnout and then you're happy to have raiders at all, and for sure won't kick / bench anyone for not grinding their ass off if they have proven to be fine in other aspects, or you're one of those chilled mythic guilds (rare) where skill > farm and again no one is gonna be penalized.
    If you're a low mythic guild or a non-mythic guild then few extra traits really won't matter because those guilds won't go into mythic Antorus the moment it opens, they will progress through normal and heroic and it will be mostly about learning the bosses rather than this extra 0,01% dps.

Really, you must be in some truly strange guild where people would be worried about their raid spot to the point they would go and grind AP. Unless it's some world top 100 guild then yeah, it's a completely different world.

Guilds outside world top bracket should be happy if they didn't disband on Mistress, Avatar or KJ. Out of those 3, only pre-nerf Avatar was a harsh dps check and on all 3 people wiped mostly due to mechanic fuckup and not even lack of dps.

Legion is an expansion that taught me OCD-ing about "being readier than ready" is a trap. I will never have BIS gear, I will never have max ilvl, I will never have all the traits, I will never have a perfectly rolled relic. So I just let stuff come naturally as I play. The game is designed to nudge you towards "keeping up with the Joneses" and spend obnoxious amounts of time, only to see afterwards complete casuals "catch up" because Blizzard doesn't want anyone feeling hopelessly stuck in pleb zone anymore. So I'm not gonna get tricked and just use the 20/80 rule, 20% of effort for 80% of the results. Striving for perfection is futile.

P.S. Bonus points for people who grind to 75 knowing their relics have extremely weak traits unlockable on the last row.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I have a total of 2 days played time at 110 on my monk. 64 MW, 62 BM and 51 WW with doing Argus, some dailys, two raid clears of normal ToS and some of the Suramar questline. So I dont think you actually would need to farm hardcore to get close to 75 or even @ 75.
    Except the first 64 traits or so are easy as hell to get. Come back when its 100bill+ per point.

Very doable, especially with a couple more AK levels. However, only do it if you enjoy it or its a guild mandate. Like others have said, Argus is a good bet for solid AP

Feels good being 75 on both my main and alt. I love dual boxing... no arcano on either after 175+ trinkets on both. I am done with argus and AP. Feels good my bis trinkets are actually from raid since a 965+ arcano isn't gonna happen anyway so I don't gotta worry about it its not BiS anymore weew.