Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    I take it you have not seen the North American "slice".

I am 6'6 (198cm) and 1 slice is plenty for me. I assume that the slice they are talking about must be smaller but still, pizza is a treat and not a nutritious lunch. I don't understand why the hell they would give the kids pizza for lunch at all.
    What kind of pizza place do you go to that a single slice is enough to fill you up. Unless your idea of an average pizza is those places where a single slice is about the size of most places entire pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Nah, they shuold remove pizza and force a marriage at lunch-time. Not only you will be less fat, but also more economic stable. It's a win-win.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Odd being a kid. I could eat and drink tons of sugary and fat foods and not gain a pound. It wasn't until my late teens I gained weight. Mostly from working customer service.
    I'm mid 20s and I eat what I want and don't gain much weight either, most of it is from exercise and gaining muscles.

With the mountains of sugar and chemicals in everything these days, Pizza can be considered healthy food.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    1 slice is half the calories of 2 slices.
    Without knowing the amount of calories per slice of this particular pizza and the recommended daily value of the person eating it, this information is meaningless either way.

Oh goodie, another Tenn fat thread.

The lady doth protest too much methinks.

OT - If one can manage to teach kids on caloric intake and quantity of food and match up lunch with whatever said age group needs (nutritional wise) I honestly think k would be the best approach.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I ate 30 slices when i was 10 once. Get @ me.
    I usually have enough after one even now in my 20s. When I was 10, I definitely wouldn't eat more than one.

Pizza is not unhealthy. Get your facts right.

Ridiculous and useless thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Without knowing the amount of calories per slice of this particular pizza and the recommended daily value of the person eating it, this information is meaningless either way.
    Exactly. For some people it could be enough, for some too low. It's personal perspective, not a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What about kids like me who's school meal was often the only meal of the day?
    your guardians should stop being shit in that case, tell someone and get the fuck out of that horrible situation where you can't eat breakfast or supper

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Eating two slices of pizza isn't going to make someone fat, dude.
    They are talking about American "Pizza", not European Pizza.

All depends on the size of the Pizza and the size of the student.

The caloric intake of a slice of 14 inch pizza is about 290 calories. Elementary school age range is 6 to 12 years old. The caloric intake for a 6 to 12 year old female ranges from 1200 to 1600 and male ranges from 1400 to 1800. For a 6 year old female, that's about 24% of their caloric intake. Add another pizza slice and you're looking at HALF of what she should eat daily. Then you have to factor in what she drinks(soda? Juice?) and the other meals.

I think it's dumb to serve pizza in the first place. It's not really a healthy food and shouldn't be served in school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    And for kids two pieces of pizza a week is not going to make a child fat on their own. What is their activity level? What does the rest of their diet look like? And so on. This determines nothing one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    All depends on the size of the Pizza and the size of the student.

The caloric intake of a slice of 14 inch pizza is about 290 calories. Elementary school age range is 6 to 12 years old. The caloric intake for a 6 to 12 year old female ranges from 1200 to 1600 and male ranges from 1400 to 1800. For a 6 year old female, that's about 24% of their caloric intake. Add another pizza slice and you're looking at HALF of what she should eat daily. Then you have to factor in what she drinks(soda? Juice?) and the other meals.
    For 6 year olds. This school goes up to sixth grade. How about for 10-12 year olds, especially if they are active? For some of the bigger (not fatter, just generally bigger) kids, that percentage is going to be way down.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2017-09-25 at 01:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My daughters old school did healthy pizza. They made the crust with whole wheat, but sometimes would do eggplant. Kids loved it.
    I guess that's fine, but it does seem like some schools aren't that concerned with nutrition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    I assume that the slice they are talking about must be smaller but still, pizza is a treat and not a nutritious lunch. I don't understand why the hell they would give the kids pizza for lunch at all.
    That depends entirely on the contents of the pizza. It can be very nourishing if you make it that way.

We never had pizza for lunch when I was in elementary school.

Quote Originally Posted by snitcher geralt View Post
    your guardians should stop being shit in that case, tell someone and get the fuck out of that horrible situation where you can't eat breakfast or supper
    Poverty exists even in first world countries, open your eyes lad
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Why would that make any difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    1 slice is half the calories of 2 slices.
    Maybe so, but 1 slice is 12,5% of a meal..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    For 6 year olds. This school goes up to sixth grade. How about for 10-12 year olds, especially if they are active? For some of the bigger (not fatter, just generally bigger) kids, that percentage is going to be way down.
    I just did the math for a 6 year old as an example. If that's your only argument against my post, then you really don't have an argument.

Being active doesn't magical mean you can take in 3000 calories(hyperbole, I know what you mean).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

The school should just put pineapple and olives on the pizza, the kids would not be fat then.

When I was doing errands on the weekend I came across this really overweight kid who must have been around 6. I couldn't believe my eyes. What were his parents feeding him exactly..
    I know, right? I mean, it's not like it could be a thyroid issue or anything... it definitely is their parents stuffing the kids with pizza and canola oil!