Time to upgrade or buy a new PC?

Hello community, looking for some advice on my aging pc system. Currently I'm running with CybertronPC Fortress TGM2111D Desktop PC - 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Blu-ray ROM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti I usally only play WoW on this PC but recently my son started playing Fallout on steam on the pc, and we have to run the game with the option as it being an older system. So to keep up with the new tech, would it be more cost effective to upgrade the current system or look at something newer? like [GTX 1060 VR Ready] SkyTech Shadow AMD-1060-I Desktop Gaming Computer PC (FX-8350 4.0 GHz 8-Core, GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 Graphic, 8GB DDR3, 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD, 24x DVD, 500 Watts PSU Thnx in advance for any and all help.

The 1 post concerns me but if you ever come back to check.

1)The PC you think is an upgrade the Skytech whatever crap AMD cpu of 2011, its a downgrade for WoW, that CPU is garbage, ancient history already, its a total scam, DO NOT BUY.

2)Since you seem to be buying pre-builts apparently you probably do not have a clue therefor i am not gonna bother explaining as to what you can do with your PC cause its probably out of your comfort zone.

Wait around to 1 month for the 8 series pre-built PCs to become available in the market, the newer stuff (8 series) just came out so it will take around 2 weeks-1month before the pre-builts show up.

Then you can buy a 1050 Ti for your old PC, and give it to your son while you play WoW on the newer one since 550 Ti is quite dated for single player AA titles.

Your old PC can handle most things decently still, just get it a new GPU inside, either 1050 Ti or 1060 3GB, depends how much money you wanna spend and were you live.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-09-26 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    Hello community, looking for some advice on my aging pc system. Currently I'm running with CybertronPC Fortress TGM2111D Desktop PC - 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Blu-ray ROM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti I usally only play WoW on this PC but recently my son started playing Fallout on steam on the pc, and we have to run the game with the option as it being an older system. So to keep up with the new tech, would it be more cost effective to upgrade the current system or look at something newer? like [GTX 1060 VR Ready] SkyTech Shadow AMD-1060-I Desktop Gaming Computer PC (FX-8350 4.0 GHz 8-Core, GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 Graphic, 8GB DDR3, 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD, 24x DVD, 500 Watts PSU Thnx in advance for any and all help.
    As stated above dont get an FX CPU period. Its either Ryzen, or intel gen 8 or bust. Your current CPU is more than enough, and should be solid for at least a few more years. You mostly need a new GPU. Also listed above the 1050ti is a good choice. I would not go higher than a 1070. I would take that extra money you were about to spend on a PC and buy a nice new monitor

15+ Year Old Account
    Good advice is good advice, no that AMD FX 8350 system is not a upgrade, its a downgrade. That 2600k is miles ahead of the FX 8350 cpu in IPC.

keep that system, its still a viable system. Like stated, either wait for the Intel 8600/8700k systems to start showing up in about 30 days or less, or buy a AMD Ryzen 5 1600 system if you don't want to wait.