Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Generally speaking:

I feel like guys don't care if their girls "emotionally" cheat, but will get pissed if they "physically" cheat. And from the gender of the authors of articles like this, it appears the opposite is true for women.

Again

Generally speaking. Generally. As in the aggregate stats of each gender, doesn't mean there are no exceptions to the rule. Put pitchforks down please. I'm just an innocent human being who wants to type things.

It's between you and your partner whether it's cheating or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    I'd say there probably is such a thing as an emotional affair, but it really depends on the circumstances - i.e. there's emotional neglect within the relationship that causes one partner to seek out emotional fulfillment behind the other's back. The problem I have with this is that it seems like every super close friendship outside of that partnership (especially in cases of heterosexual couples in which the friendship is someone of the opposite sex to the one seeking it) is being considered an "emotional affair." Believing something like that indicates that there's some serious jealousy problems that should be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    It's between you and your partner whether it's cheating or not.
    Agree with this 100%.

I have a friend who keeps messaging women he doesn't know, on Facebook. He also sends me screenshots from his conversations and it's goddamn cringeworthy. Women with ongoing relationships, women with husbands and kids... Some of them want to meet in person irl, but that's where he (mostly) draws the line. He just likes to manipulate and flirt with people on the Internet. One of the recent girls, a younger one, is so emotionally attached that I suspect she sends more messages to my friend than she does to her actual boyfriend when they are not together.

Although my friend makes fun of my opinions about it, this is really nerve wracking for me. I wasn't a very trusting person anyway, but now I don't think I can trust anyone even a little bit. I started to become a real paranoid. What if one of those women was/will be my girlfriend? It seems like even the most innocent-looking ones are eager to do that. Think about this, you love your partner and they fantasize about being together with another person and they even talk about that.

The sad thing is my friend has no particularly appealing feature, except his cheesy romantic shit that he perfected over the years. One (probably) romantically not overjoyed person, some cheesy lines, and boom. It's seemingly that easy. You wouldn't even know because they never break up with their existing partners. They would also probably defend themselves by saying "they were just chatting". No, it's still cheating that is as bad as having sex with someone else, because it weakens the foundations of the relationship on a mental level. I just feel really sorry for their partners. At least they could break up if things are not going well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    He's just reposting his old threads all the time... can't wait for the "is that jacket worth 900$?".
    I still need a jacket actually..and winter is coming.