Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Its a shame nothing was announced , fun game that needs content badly but lazy blizzard is doing nothing.......

I have to say, supposedly DIII was going to get another expansion but considering nothing was announced at this Blizzcon... I'm going to have to call time of death.

DIII was released... 2012? And then RoS was 2014. So we're a year late already on that schedule...

I mean they've been supporting it with seasonal content, which has been great but... no second expansion? If expansions have been replaced by DLC can we at least get a DLC story continuation? Is there just no mechanical need for an ACT VI anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I have to say, supposedly DIII was going to get another expansion but considering nothing was announced at this Blizzcon... I'm going to have to call time of death.

DIII was released... 2012? And then RoS was 2014. So we're a year late already on that schedule...

I mean they've been supporting it with seasonal content, which has been great but... no second expansion? If expansions have been replaced by DLC can we at least get a DLC story continuation? Is there just no mechanical need for an ACT VI anymore?
    All material for the second expansion was the stuff (areas and Necro) released later on. You can see it from the datamined material where all the new things after RoS had the "X2" label.

It has simply been scrapped because they knew it wouldn't have had a big enough impact coupled with the fact core figures of the D3 team were moved onto other more remunerative projects and some others just left. With a skeleton crew they only managed to reuse the already developed assets and get a fraction of the money from necro DLC (also testing if class DLC may have been a successful business model).

D3 is now in maintenance mode. Necro was the last thing bound to happen, the only thing that may really come is additional class DLCs because they're way easier to design than fully fleshed content thanks also to the very strict and streamlined class design/itemization (4 sets, some complementing legendaries, some big spammable nukes and a big CD).

One point everyone seems to forget is that D3 is a B2P game. It has no lootboxes, microtx or another system that can net a steady revenue - long lost are the days of a game you buy to play and that's it (with free support over the years). Costs have just skyrocketed. If they want to make another very big hti it needs to have something to net costant revenue to guarantee all-time support, otherwise it will become D3 all over again.

Realistically, we won't get anything D3 anymore. Blizzard has seen that the game has no forseeable future and axed it down when the time was right. Support will continue but that's it. They're full on the next Diablo game, so even bigger reason to not invest on the previous (and undepar) chapter.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    One point everyone seems to forget is that D3 is a B2P game. It has no lootboxes, microtx or another system that can net a steady revenue - long lost are the days of a game you buy to play and that's it (with free support over the years). Costs have just skyrocketed. If they want to make another very big hti it needs to have something to net costant revenue to guarantee all-time support, otherwise it will become D3 all over again.
    To be fair, back in the B2P days you would never get anything like the level of support and maintenance D3 had.

Even D2's level of support was unusual for its time, and I reckon they had like 1 guy on that.

Why would someone play D3, when POE exists?

D3 is dead, blizzard dont want put time and money in to D3 anymore.

I'm still hoping for Diablo rpg, Elder Scrolls style.

Deleted
    Well, what you expect guys, D3 do not produce any more money, no loot boxes inside, real AH failure gone, so basically, no real funds for development.

To be fair, back in the B2P days you would never get anything like the level of support and maintenance D3 had.

Even D2's level of support was unusual for its time, and I reckon they had like 1 guy on that.
    Agree. It's not like that D3 didn't have support. Honestly i'm fine with it still having people mantainig it given how it's just a cost for Blizzard. Though if they want to make a game that has full on time support and constant new featuers delivery, they need a different business model.

I'm all for a game that has a persistent world and every X time there's new zones, dungeons, monsters and bosses to fight. But it needs to still be an arpg with hordes of monsters and small group gameplay with solo scaling. I don't want a Diablo-WoW.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Agree. It's not like that D3 didn't have support. Honestly i'm fine with it still having people mantainig it given how it's just a cost for Blizzard. Though if they want to make a game that has full on time support and constant new featuers delivery, they need a different business model.

I'm all for a game that has a persistent world and every X time there's new zones, dungeons, monsters and bosses to fight. But it needs to still be an arpg with hordes of monsters and small group gameplay with solo scaling. I don't want a Diablo-WoW.

Time will tell.
    I just wish they'd release an Act VI DLC that finishes the story... though I guess nobody cares about story mode

I just wish they'd release an Act VI DLC that finishes the story... though I guess nobody cares about story mode
    Eh. I think the idea was that to settle up for a different structured game in the future. Ending of act 5 was as open as possible - basically it was the realization that nephalem are as stronger than both demons and angels, and are also easily corruptible.

Basically the ground for a two or more faction system where you have the angels side, demon side and possibly the "i don't care i can blast all your collective asses off" side (which i would like to join). An act 6 would have dwelled deeper into this to create the fundation for the next game.

I'm curious about what Blizzard has in mind for the next Diablo, since plans have clearly taken a different route.