Future planning. Fan question

So 2 years back I won a PC case at a local shop I've just kept stored away till the day I upgrade. With the new Intel CPU's out I am wanting to upgrade then. As I like to plan everything ahead I am curious what is the best route to go with the fan setup.

Case in question is the Antec p280 it comes with 3 exhaust fans only. a rear and 2 at the top. Planned on putting 2 intakes in the front but with the way this case is I can putt 2 in the traditional way that blows directly on the Drives. Or 2 on the side of the drive bays held by little grommets that blow towards the PSU / GPU. Here is a pic below where we can install the fans in this case if my lame explanation is confusing

#1 and 2 is where I'd like to place the intake fans at, as opposed to the traditional front of the case in #3 and 4. Thing I'd like to know is will there be anything generally negative about doing this? Considering the air will be blowing directly towards the PSU/GPU instead of passing the driver bays.

I apologize if this is considered a silly question. I would imagine the closer the fans are to the core components the better. But just incase there actually is something negative about having the air being blown closer to them would like to know!

I would install 2 hdds in the 5.25 drivebays maybe all 3 if you dont need a DVD/BL writer.
    This way your fans wont pull in hot air from the hdds but its just a small improvement.

The important question is, do you have heat problems ?

I actually only use SSD's. I'm not sure if they produce less heat than an HDD but I'll deffin try putting them into the 5.25 bays when I do the build.

The question is mostly directed to a future PC build. Just curious if there will be issues with the fans on the side of the 3.25 drivebays blowing towards the PSU/GPU as opposed to being in the front blowing onto the drivebays

Nah, SSDs are not really hot.

To your question, no its not a big improvement.
    Also get Noctua Fans.