Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Add "or health reasons" to what I said, you still know what I meant. It's not the same concept as veganism, which has nothing to do with the consuming of meat or animal product but everything to do with the process of how it is obtained.

Also when I say "they don't care" about animal cruelty is not to say they would sit and watch a dog getting kicked to death. I'm saying it's not the motivation behind their choice of becoming vegetarians but they most likely would care a minimum about animal cruelty, like anyone does even meat eaters.
    Not only did I not know what you meant, I apparently still don't. Either that or I do know what you mean and I still think you're incorrect. Neither specifically have to do with how it is obtained. Both frequently have to do with animal cruelty. Of the 6 or so vegetarians that I know personally, myself included, one of us does it for health reasons, the rest (including myself) do it solely for "animal cruelty" reasons. Of the two vegans I know, one does it mainly for health reasons - the other is a both. I've never heard of the difference between them having to do with how it is obtained. And if you go strictly by the dictionary definition, it still doesn't have anything to do with how it's obtained. It's literally nothing but dietary restrictions. The why differs by person, but again, frequently from my experience (personal, 2nd hand, and from reading vegetarian forums for recipes and such), BOTH are often (if not usually) about the issues of animal treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The fact I'm a vegetarian that doesn't align with what you claim is all I need to know. Add in the multitude of vegetarian/vegan friends that also don't align with the misinformed shit you claim and it's even worse. You literally don't know what you're talking about. You've made assumptions based on God knows what and taken those assumption as fact.
    Here's the definition of vegetarian in the dictionary:
    A person who does not eat meat, and sometimes other animal products, especially for moral, religious, or health reasons.
    Were you so offended by the words "they don't like the taste" in my previous post that it completely disabled your ability to express yourself and explain your point of view?

My bad I talked about taste just because I know people who became vegetarians cuz they don't like the taste, I guess everyone is wrong except you in your bubble, please enlighten us as to what vision of the great Gods made you a vegetarian that is so outside of what I preciously mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    So you'd be okay eating bits and pieces of a milk cow from a local free range farm that happened to die due to an accident or something similar? Then it wouldn't have been born and raised for the butchers block thus allowing you to eat it guilt free. Or am I missing something?
    Yes, I'm totally fine with that from an ethical stand point. You aren't missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Not only did I not know what you meant, I apparently still don't. Either that or I do know what you mean and I still think you're incorrect. Neither specifically have to do with how it is obtained. Both frequently have to do with animal cruelty. Of the 6 or so vegetarians that I know personally, myself included, one of us does it for health reasons, the rest (including myself) do it solely for "animal cruelty" reasons. Of the two vegans I know, one does it mainly for health reasons - the other is a both. I've never heard of the difference between them having to do with how it is obtained. And if you go strictly by the dictionary definition, it still doesn't have anything to do with how it's obtained. It's literally nothing but dietary restrictions. The why differs by person, but again, frequently from my experience (personal, 2nd hand, and from reading vegetarian forums for recipes and such), BOTH are often (if not usually) about the issues of animal treatment.
    "The way it is obtain" means "by killing or using animals", it's just another term for not saying "animal cruelty" because it's not cruelty (except some shitty cases I agmit), it's mostly done with respect by acknowledging their presence in the cycle of life as they feed us.

Here is the definition of vegan:
    a person who does not eat or use animal products.
    No one on the planet has a health condition that makes them unable to eat ANY ANIMAL PRODUCT, the range is too wide, it is physically, scientifically and medically impossible to have health issues with every single animal products. So it's mostly a life choice based on moral principle.
    If you call yourself a vegetarian because you decide to stop eating meat due to animal cruelty, you're not vegetarian, you are vegan.
    If you call yourself a vegan but you drink milk but don't eat meat, you're vegetarian, not vegan.

People in this forum don't even know what they are.

Vegetarians can eat cheese since they still eat dairy and eggs. Vegans will eat what the OP is describing. Ive tried it, its pretty gross and I think its better to just avoid it.

"The way it is obtain" means "by killing or using animals", it's just another term for not saying "animal cruelty" because it's not cruelty (except some shitty cases I agmit), it's mostly done with respect by acknowledging their presence in the cycle of life as they feed us.

Here is the definition of vegan:

No one on the planet has a health condition that makes them unable to eat ANY ANIMAL PRODUCT, the range is too wide, it is physically, scientifically and medically impossible to have health issues with every single animal products. So it's mostly a life choice based on moral principle.
    If you call yourself a vegetarian because you decide to stop eating meat due to animal cruelty, you're not vegetarian, you are vegan.
    If you call yourself a vegan but you drink milk but don't eat meat, you're vegetarian, not vegan.

People in this forum don't even know what they are.
    Except I'm not a vegan. I eat eggs and milk, which are animal byproducts. However, if they are obtained from "free range" facilities, I do not consider that cruel in any capacity. So by your definition, I'm vegan, but by the dictionary definition, I'm vegetarian. Sorry, but you are incorrect.

I think you need to stop being so desperately defensive and read what you initially wrote in that post about taste and so on. You make massive assumptions that are just incorrect. The only thing that offended me was how easily you made assumptions and used them as facts.

Oh, fuck it, let's do this...

Weird as fuck assumption. Vegetarians do indeed care about animal cruelty. Perhaps some that are only vegetarian due to health may not but, the vast majority do care.

Again, assumption. I loved the taste of meat, personally. Especially when it came to Christmas, which was the only time I really ate turkey. Shit was delicious. I stopped eating meat specifically due to animal cruelty and being pretty disgusted with the entire industry and how animals were treated (with some minor health reasons included). I also don't eat cheese but I do drink milk. Non-dairy milk.
    See it's not hard to explain yourself. Makes one hell of a smarter post compared to the cancer spreading you did earlier and I thank you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I always thought the effort of trying to make veg foods takes like meat foods to be funny. Its like these people admit that meat tastes better than a tofu hunk.
    It is kinda wierd, I had a vegan friend make beef and broccoli with tofu shaped to look like beef. Like why go through all the effort to mimic a meat dish. Just make something else. Its like some try to trick them self into into it by making it look like a meat dish a non vegetarian would eat.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    It is kinda wierd, I had a vegan friend make beef and broccoli with tofu shaped to look like beef. Like why go through all the effort to mimic a meat dish. Just make something else. Its like some try to trick them self into into it by making it look like a meat dish a non vegetarian would eat.
    Many dishes can work with many types of meats or tofu. Look at pretty much any Chinese restaurant menu.

Many dishes can work with many types of meats or tofu. Look at pretty much any Chinese restaurant menu.
    I understand that, but he called it "Vegetarian beef and broccoli". No, its tofu and broccoli.

Learned what vegetarian cheese was today. Dairy absolutely destroys me so I just avoid it all.

I'm pescetarian, the only animal I'll eat is shrimp because fuck shrimp I guess. At some point during my life meat just looked and tasted disgusting to me so I stopped eating it. The not eating animals thing was really just an added bonus rather than my initial motivation.

I don't get why people are so concerned with the diets of others. It's a wholly personal thing. It bothers the crap out of me when I see parents forcing their children to follow their lifestyle. Let them decide for themselves.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Except I'm not a vegan. I eat eggs and milk, which are animal byproducts. However, if they are obtained from "free range" facilities, I do not consider that cruel in any capacity. So by your definition, I'm vegan, but by the dictionary definition, I'm vegetarian. Sorry, but you are incorrect.
    TBH I think the problem here is what people consider cruelty at this point. There are ways to kill an animal without making it suffer, ways that are used in many and most slaughterhouses. The act of killing an animal in a proper and decent way is not cruelty, it's just normal we've been eating meat before we started walking on 2 legs (and during that time it was cruel as fuck, you don't die quickly from being stabbed by sharp rocks on a stick or having your lungs perforated by a ghetto crafted arrow). Some slaughterhouses have shady ways of doing it, and that's just the videos going viral and people going nuts and thinking it's like that everywhere.

Some milk farms can be pretty cruel to their animals as well, just because they don't kill the animals doesn't mean they aren't cruel to them. So maybe you supported animal cruelty by drinking milk from one of these bad farms, who the knows?
    As much as I don't like animal cruelty, the entire concept of not eating meat based on this is not very solid because it means you would be willing to eat meat coming from a nice friendly slaughterhouse because it's not cruel.

Or you consider all animal deaths a cruelty regardless if there was any factual act of cruelty done or not. Which would just make you kind of stupid.

TBH I think the problem here is what people consider cruelty at this point. There are ways to kill an animal without making it suffer, ways that are used in many and most slaughterhouses. The act of killing an animal in a proper and decent way is not cruelty, it's just normal we've been eating meat before we started walking on 2 legs (and during that time it was cruel as fuck, you don't die quickly from being stabbed by sharp rocks on a stick or having your lungs perforated by a ghetto crafted arrow). Some slaughterhouses have shady ways of doing it, and that's just the videos going viral and people going nuts and thinking it's like that everywhere.

Some milk farms can be pretty cruel to their animals as well, just because they don't kill the animals doesn't mean they aren't cruel to them. So maybe you supported animal cruelty by drinking milk from one of these bad farms, who the knows?
    As much as I don't like animal cruelty, the entire concept of not eating meat based on this is not very solid because it means you would be willing to eat meat coming from a nice friendly slaughterhouse because it's not cruel.

Or you consider all animal deaths a cruelty regardless if there was any factual act of cruelty done or not. Which would just make you kind of stupid.
    For me personally, cruelty is not a great way to describe my issue. That's certainly part of it. And yes, I avoid dairy and chicken farms that aren't validly free range (some that are... aren't - a few minutes of research is your friend). It goes beyond just cruelty for me though. I am not, for instance, okay with raising an animal simply for the purpose of slaughtering it. When I say animal in this context, I generally mean any animal that can form emotional bonds. To me, it is cruel to raise a cow or pig, for instance, which we know form actual emotional bonds with others of their kind (and in some cases with humans), just to end up killing them simply because a burger is tasty. It's one of those cases where it's not directly observably cruel the way keeping cows tied up unmoving to soften up the meat is, but it is still cruelty on a level I'm not comfortable with. Gathering eggs from a free range chicken, or requiring a cow to come in to the barn to be milked on a reasonable schedule isn't cruel to me. But yes, the definition of cruelty differs by person. Even the op said he tries to pick meat that is "cruelty free."

I think it's ethical to eat meat grown in a lab. I think it's ethical to eat meat from a cow that dropped dead of a heart attack. I'm just not okay with raising them with that intent solely because eating them brings me pleasure. Do it because you need it to survive? Ethical in my book. Do it just because it tastes good? Not okay for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    As the title suggests, vegetarian cheese.

Most cheese is made by mixing milk with rennet. Those are enzyms habiting in a cow's stomach, even more in calves. Vegetarian cheese replaces that with a chemical or yeast.
    In order for a cow to produce milk it should have calved recently, or given birth as we call it with humans. Only 30% of those calves are used to become a new generation of milking cows. The rest will end up in the slaughterhouse where they will also be used for the rennet which resides in their stomachs.

Long story short: eat cheese and enjoy some veal from time to time like a normal human being. Or go full vegan and don't even touch cheese. But vegetarian cheese is for hypocrites.
    For a Dutch person you know shit about cheese, where the fuck do you get your info?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Still they all use milk, don't they? In the USA you don't even have to tell you are using rennet.
    The most popular cheeses around the world use rennet.
    You should try to Google vegetarian. Seriously

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Many vegetarians are hypocrites but i wouldn't say eating cheese is the same as eating meat as you can get milk/chesse from smaller farms and you don't need to kill the cow for milk.
    Thank you, first post that seems to know the definition of vegetarian.
    The only thing a vegatarian does is not eat meat or products containing meat/Intestines , saying they shouldn't eat cheese or drink milk or touch leather is fucking ignorant. Come on Mmo geeks, even you aren't that ignorant on the difference between a vegatarian and a veganist.
    Last edited by mmoc5dbd52a5f1; 2017-09-28 at 09:38 PM.

You seem to be very sensitive about what other people choose to eat, I find it strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Deleted
    So, in short, you don't know what you're talking about. Cool.
    Lmao, seems like he does and you can't stand it.
    Nice try, insert coin and try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    You seem to be very sensitive about what other people choose to eat, I find it strange.
    I find it more strange that he claims shit that ain't real.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    I find it more strange that he claims shit that ain't real.
    Really not that strange these days. First time to see some do it (on these boards) because of how they feel towards a specific food though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.