Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    This is also why I think it's weird that people want a Pokemon MMO. Give me a rip-off of Pokemon as an MMO from another developer, I'd at least want it to stay alive.
    A Pokemon MMO would probably be in the same vein as Destiny but mixed in with the current Pokemon Bank, a new version every few years in order to bring in a new region and reset everyone to zero, but with Pokemon Bank functionality activated a year or so after launch, so people are forced to use the current gen Pokedex for early Tournaments and such.

There are other logistics which could prevent a possible Pokemon MMO from happening compared to continuing the current way of things, but I won't say any of that to prevent this thread from derailing too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To be honest, I didn't even know the original xbox had digital purchases. I knew it had map packs for like Halo 2, But didn't know if it had anything else. Even still you are 100% correct on this. The PSP PSN store was halfassed and ran like shit, But people can still access all the content they paided for and even play most of it on a Vita/Ps3.
    I still am boggled that for older pokemon titles i cant use the online features, everytime i see how shit nintendo is at online i remember a interview with their ceo where he said he doesnt "get" online gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I still am boggled that for older pokemon titles i cant use the online features, everytime i see how shit nintendo is at online i remember a interview with their ceo where he said he doesnt "get" online gaming.
    Clearly Nintendo still doesn't get online gaming...

But they clearly understand how to sell someone something more then once.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The reason is Nintendo used Gamespy for their Wii and DS servers, and when that got shut down, they just closed the entire service down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot they even tried this

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The reason is Nintendo used Gamespy for their Wii and DS servers, and when that got shut down, they just closed the entire service down.
    the fact that nintendo used gamespy is the most pathetic part of that.

the fact that nintendo used gamespy is the most pathetic part of that.
    To be slightly fair all 3 consoles from gen 7 had games using gamespy.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To be slightly fair all 3 consoles from gen 7 had games using gamespy.
    games though. Not the entire network. The fact that just now nintendo crafted an online service is beyond sad.

games though. Not the entire network. The fact that just now nintendo crafted an online service is beyond sad.
    True and I 100% agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the Switch Online will be the one that sticks. I mean they are getting rid of the wii u stuff too