Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I've been listening this whining about D3 now for five years and to put it bluntly I am tired of it. It is you people that discarded the game from the start as a failure and gave it no second thought then or now that don't let the game have its deserved end. If it is so that Blizzard indeed intends to let the game "die", then so be it. What is the problem there? They have put WAAAY too much effort into the game to try to please the elitist jerks you are. Look it up. D3 is probably the most amorphous game in the past 10 years. Because they cared. If you think their direction was wrong then say so and have some ideas to back that up.
    If this is the end of D3, as it would seem, then I thank you Blizzard for the thousands of hours I put into the from vanilla all the way through to the Rise of the Necromancer. I had so much fun with Diablo 3 and I met so many ppl during those hours playing a game that, at first I thought was not something I'd enjoy. You have done so many things to make the game a different experience during this time and I've enjoyed all of them. Still sort of bitter you removed CM Wiz back in the day, but I guess it was "slightly" too good. ;p
    I hope all the best for the future projects and I hope you guys will make good use of all the failures and successes that occurred during D3's life. Thanks for D3 and I hope there's more Diablo in the future!

Deleted
    Not surprised with the Diablo stuff, you can't build a game from scratch that quickly. I think I will be 2019 Gamescom before we here anything.

I just love how Ion is wearing T-shirt with orcs. And in Legion there was close to zero orcish lore development. beautiful irony.

It was 12 years between the release of D2 and D3, and it took 8 years after D2's release before D3 was even announced. By that schedule, we've got another 3 years we can wait to hear about any 'big' Diablo news. Just because there isn't a constant stream of news updates doesn't mean something's 'dead'.

As much as I wish they'd make WC4, I'm certain that the MMO part of that title means it won't be. I'm guessing a "World of Starcraft" where the combat is more strategy based.

Let's honor Garrosh who tried to destroy basically anything not Orc and was eventually outted as leader instead of Vol'jin who picked up his scraps and ended up dying in battle against the Legion.

At first I was hopeful there was more to the story, now I'm pretty sure they've already forgotten about Vol'jin.

Deleted
    Two years of no diablo news? That sucks, man. I would have loved some more content for D3. They didn't even really end the story.

Oh well, I hope I will at least leave BlizzCon with enough WoW Things to keep me entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakosametti View Post
    I've been listening this whining about D3 now for five years and to put it bluntly I am tired of it. It is you people that discarded the game from the start as a failure and gave it no second thought then or now that don't let the game have its deserved end. If it is so that Blizzard indeed intends to let the game "die", then so be it. What is the problem there? They have put WAAAY too much effort into the game to try to please the elitist jerks you are. Look it up. D3 is probably the most amorphous game in the past 10 years. Because they cared. If you think their direction was wrong then say so and have some ideas to back that up.
    If this is the end of D3, as it would seem, then I thank you Blizzard for the thousands of hours I put into the from vanilla all the way through to the Rise of the Necromancer. I had so much fun with Diablo 3 and I met so many ppl during those hours playing a game that, at first I thought was not something I'd enjoy. You have done so many things to make the game a different experience during this time and I've enjoyed all of them. Still sort of bitter you removed CM Wiz back in the day, but I guess it was "slightly" too good. ;p
    I hope all the best for the future projects and I hope you guys will make good use of all the failures and successes that occurred during D3's life. Thanks for D3 and I hope there's more Diablo in the future!
    While i adore D3 and feel it is far superior that D2 and lightyears ahead of competition and abomination which is PoE im gonna disagree.

People play what they want. If they dont want play D3 it is because of something. Same as blizz shuting it down - because of something. We also not obligated to say blizzard what we like or dont like within a game, and we are not consultants to give them ideas how to fix their game. Constructive criticism is valuable (and suggesting changes is NOT part of it) but no where near required.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Two years of no diablo news? That sucks, man. I would have loved some more content for D3. They didn't even really end the story.

Oh well, I hope I will at least leave BlizzCon with enough WoW Things to keep me entertained.
    Well D3 at this moment is self contained game which can provide enjoyable content for ever and ever. Because of greater rifts, which are random dungeons. They will put new items, tweaks etc regularly im sure, even if game hit maintenance mode. Sure, me as a veteran is kinda burned out but new players can hop right in and they have amazing build to be played for years without adding next chapters etc.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Its probably going to be something like that.
    Yea but after what they did to Diablo, I seriously doubt people are going to just care about anything they announce.

They did a horrible job at the start of the game and then fixed it to what it should have been then left the game to rot with just minor changes.

I get its free to play but when they pulled their devs off Diablo 3 and put them on Wow, it was a sign that Diablo Universe is just dead.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    It was 12 years between the release of D2 and D3, and it took 8 years after D2's release before D3 was even announced. By that schedule, we've got another 3 years we can wait to hear about any 'big' Diablo news. Just because there isn't a constant stream of news updates doesn't mean something's 'dead'.
    Exactly this, Diablo 3 is still being patched/PTRed, 2.6.1 is going right now, even if it's a minor patch, it's not dead.

Even warcraft 3 recently got a new client and a PTR (multiplayer map/item balance), after all this time might mean something bigger is planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Probably higher chance for Warcraft 3 remastered as they got a Warcraft 3 PTR still running, despite it being obscure and not updated/advertised very much.

It still is a big overhaul to get new life into the game, they rebalanced a lot of the maps and items.

Also Warcraft 3 and TFT recently got a new installer, so they might eventually put it on the bnet app, and you can also swap from Reign of Chaos to Frozen Throne in 1 button press in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Exactly this, Diablo 3 is still being patched/PTRed, 2.6.1 is going right now, even if it's a minor patch, it's not dead.

Even warcraft 3 recently got a new client and a PTR (multiplayer map/item balance), after all this time might mean something bigger is planned.
    It's been a not too well hidden secret that WC3 is going to be remastered a la Starcraft (via Blizzard job postings, direct words in interviews) so I don't get why there should be any surprise about things happening on that front.
    Last edited by Cows For Life; 2017-10-05 at 03:53 AM.