Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Titan

Ana - Her counter is line-dancing friendlies!

The new patch brought Ana, the healing/support that seems to have a knack for absolutely beating the crap out of runners after level 3 (Overdose) and doing her 'Detachable Box Magazine' level 1 quest (which is super easy to do because of Overdose).

However, the most frustrating thing I've found with her is in the skill shots. The sleep dart I've seen go through the tiniest gaps between enemies. The travel time of it is obviously kept in mind with regards to balance, but it's even easier to avoid than Stukov's Weighted Pustule. The hitbox of it against the size of the visual just doesn't feel right.

Sharpshooter (L16), allows her to gain +5% healing for each successful, concurrent hit with healing dart up to 50% max - missing a hero with it resets the stacks to zero. This has the ability to restore a huge chunk of an allies health pool on just about any character if you've got ~5+ stacks. I understand they're called skill shots for a reason but there seems to be this habit that allies, even if they're on super low health, will fidget around you as if willing you to heal them, but they don't understand that missing that shot screws up a huge amount of your healing and wastes everyone's time. For this reason, Sharpshooter is less situational than Concentrated Doses, but also much less reliable.

It would appear Blizzard didn't learn from the time they absolutely destroyed Nova with a similar mechanic (i.e. stack resets on Snipe misses). Additionally, it doesn't stack if it doesn't heal the target such as if they're at full health, so you can't preemptively stack it at the time when you're likely to be running with another hero.

On the upside, her mana management seems to be better than other healers I've played, but it feels like there's still room for a few tweaks that would make her a little more reliable in the healing side of things.

Yell at them in caps lock. It'll work eventually if enough people do it.

Re: your Nova comparison

That was a different situation entirely. The damage bonus itself was actually very good for experienced and patient players, but the reason that Nova talent was hated so much was because picking it would lock Nova out of doing ANYTHING PvE for the rest of the game. You couldn't help clear camps, do objectives like Immortals, nothing, because that would reset your stacks.

Additionally, Anas Q is on a 2sec CD. So you miss a shot and lose your stacks - SO WHAT. You can have it fully stacked again in 20seconds.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Concentrated Doses is better anyways.

https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/tal...a#26.0!1222124

Land your grenade, heal, lower spell power, etc.,
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

To be fair, she is new. Once people learn how to play with an Ana, you should see fewer of these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by House
    "It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what."

Yeah, I had Gul'dan managing to get hit by literally everything the opponents threw at him, get dotted and run behind the walls, only to start running around like a headless chicken there in one of my first games. Obviously the only skillshot he managed to avoid was my heal that would have saved him. It's frustrating at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

It's difficult because for so long people have trained themselves to ALWAYS be stuttering about the place, never standing still and making their base movements jerky and erratic in order to avoid potential skillshots. It's basically ingraimed at this point that even when you're on your own killing minions, you step in a random direction im between each auto attack to keep yourself harder to hit in case of a surprise attack.

Which makes it rougher for Ana, I agree.

Give it time and people will learn to adapt to her style

Every hero's most reliable counter are 'friendlies'...

Her healing skillshot is one of easiest to land in the whole game, you need to literally watch the other way to miss it.

Full health players blocking low health players is a problem tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Her healing skillshot is one of easiest to land in the whole game, you need to literally watch the other way to miss it.
    Not even remotely true. Fire the skillshot at some ally, and as it's halfway to him, he randomly decides to take a step to the right or the left. As narrow as her shot is, that's literally all it takes for the shot to miss. Or then try to hit a moving ally, you aim where he's about to be, and boom, randomly stops, or randomly changes direction and takes one step. Another missed shot. It's extremely fucking easy to miss with it even if your eyes are fucking GLUED to where they should be, and claiming otherwise simply shows extreme ignorance or deliberately lying.

it's been the same in overwatch - hell, its a meme at this point to be jumping around ana like an idiot as genji spamming 'i need healing'

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Not even remotely true. Fire the skillshot at some ally, and as it's halfway to him, he randomly decides to take a step to the right or the left. As narrow as her shot is, that's literally all it takes for the shot to miss. Or then try to hit a moving ally, you aim where he's about to be, and boom, randomly stops, or randomly changes direction and takes one step. Another missed shot. It's extremely fucking easy to miss with it even if your eyes are fucking GLUED to where they should be, and claiming otherwise simply shows extreme ignorance or deliberately lying.
    Errr no, the skillshot has zero travel time like Novas Snipe, so it sounds like you're trying to lead your target like most other skillshots in the game.

With Snipe and Healing Dart, assuming you don't have bad ping, if you click ON the person, then you WILL hit them.

I also think it's much easier to land her healing shot than usual skill shot, as much as it sucks when ally moves unpredictably, I usually have no problems with healing. The bigger problem with her Q is that it gets body blocked than that you can miss it. In the middle of the fight it might get troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Errr no, the skillshot has zero travel time like Novas Snipe, so it sounds like you're trying to lead your target like most other skillshots in the game.

With Snipe and Healing Dart, assuming you don't have bad ping, if you click ON the person, then you WILL hit them.
    I would give this so many likes. Healing went waay up with Ana once I realized that its pretty much instant travel time with Q. Turn on quick cast on push, put your curser on the allied hero, heal them.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Errr no, the skillshot has zero travel time like Novas Snipe, so it sounds like you're trying to lead your target like most other skillshots in the game..
    Err, no, the skillshot is NOT fucking instant, not even close. I've seen people aim at a stationary target, click them directly, then seen the person randomly take a step MID FLIGHT and the shot miss. Many, many times. Same with Nova's snipe, *I* have dodged Snipes by moving AFTER they were fired at me.

It doesn't have travel time, you literally just point and click on someone and he gets healed

- - - Updated - - -

Err, no, the skillshot is NOT fucking instant, not even close. I've seen people aim at a stationary target, click them directly, then seen the person randomly take a step MID FLIGHT and the shot miss. Many, many times. Same with Nova's snipe, *I* have dodged Snipes by moving AFTER they were fired at me.
    It is instant, it doesn't have any cast time, and travels to max range on half a second. Unless a person can move their whole hitbox out of width of skillshot in less than half of a second - they probably a bloodseaker and in a wrong game
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

So they nailed how she is in Overwatch then.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    So they nailed how she is in Overwatch then.
    As far as i'm aware Ana is not dangerous in hots at all, compared to overwatch, where she still can pop flankers with her burst

They misclicked. Simple as that. You cannot physically dodge a Nova or Ana Q if it was shot around the centre of your hitbox.

They misclicked. Simple as that. You cannot physically dodge a Nova or Ana Q if it was shot around the centre of your hitbox.
    I have to echo this; the only Ana/Nova Q's I have ever missed have been caused by people using "Blink" abilities at the exact moment I click them
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.