Thread: Agatha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Because it gives you enough leaps to avoid every ice wall and to instantly leap to him in his add teleport phase, which is the only difficult part of the fight.
    Well, thoes shoulders really aren't needed and it's easy without them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, thoes shoulders really aren't needed and it's easy without them as well.
    They may not be needed, but they trivialize the mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Reason I came here is because your strategy wasn't working for me. Tried it for 50-60 attempts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    They may not be needed, but they trivialize the mechanic.
    I didn't have the shoulders when I did Xylem but what is a little easier is keeping Xylem nearest the center orb and anticipating his port. With a quick charge to a nearby mob followed by a leap you can easily reach him.

Has anyone done Agatha without legendary bracers?
    I'm ilevel 920 and can't down her

Quote Originally Posted by krisfour View Post
    If you have 4 set t20, you can get really good self healing by speccing furious charge. BT by default heals 4% of your health with furious charge quadrupling this to 16%. 1 raging blow will put that up to a 24% heal without using Enraged regeneration.

Even without 4 set or bracers, bloodthirst healing alone with the occasional boost from furious charge should keep you up, but you can't be taking unnecessary damage from fumings or pummel being rando blocked while you're trying to interrupt her channel.
    Last edited by Anuibus; 2017-10-06 at 09:55 AM.

Deleted
    On a 6 million health pool Prydaz will translate to 50k hps and the crafted belt another 40k hps, by looking at some random logs this total is around what the bracers can output.

I was 920ish with arms gear (mostly mastery) when I downed her. I don't have any T20 bonuses or the bracers. I used Timeless Stratagem and Ayalas. It's not easy. I didn't use furious charge either. I usually didn't have issues with pummel being blocked. The biggest issue is rng / burst. If the imps port before you can get an odyns fury off you may as well just wipe and start again. Being a belf helps with silence, Shockwave is useful too.

I did mine at like 899, I think most people at the time did it at like 910 on average so it was bloody hard. I had the triple leap shoulders and kiljaedans. I think my strat was go absolutely ham at the start, completely ignore the first 2 adds until all 4 was there then kill them down, then not long after she would transition i think. Then when your just going back and fourth u use piercing howl to give u some time while the adds slowly walk to the other side, and generally try to deal with the adds all at the same time if u can - obviously there is priority adds and u can't save them til they're clumped so it doesn't always work out. Always hold CDs for adds (other than the start) if u can, it makes bursting them down so much easier.

Also, seeing as I was undergeared for the challenge compared to everyone else, i took the furious charge talent and was charging on cooldown to bloodthirst to keep myself alive. It's chaotic, but you will get it after a couple goes.

Quote Originally Posted by mirix View Post
    Well I finally killed her. I don't have any fury specific legendaries. I have Ayala's and Timeless Stratagem. I was using the wowhead guide until I realized that strat just isn't going to work. I just kind of winged it and managed to get some decent rng. Xylem is a cakewalk compared to Agatha.
    Actually Agatha is very easy because it is in Azsuna, when I tried it on my DK back when they first came out, the command center was also up and the zone buffs for broken shore was active inside agatha instance as well. So I destroyed here in one of the first times I tried.

Reason I came here is because your strategy wasn't working for me. Tried it for 50-60 attempts.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't have the shoulders when I did Xylem but what is a little easier is keeping Xylem nearest the center orb and anticipating his port. With a quick charge to a nearby mob followed by a leap you can easily reach him.
    Ok, maybe you should put that in your OP.

The "secret" to the encounter is approaching it properly, not being baited by the adds, and keeping pressure up on the boss, just like the secret to Xylem is using leap shoulders/etc, which is why I posted said guides.

Do you have a specific reason why the strat isn't working for you, what part you're failing on, what your gear is like, what legendaries you have access to? You need to help us help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Ok, maybe you should put that in your OP.

The "secret" to the encounter is approaching it properly, not being baited by the adds, and keeping pressure up on the boss, just like the secret to Xylem is using leap shoulders/etc, which is why I posted said guides.

Do you have a specific reason why the strat isn't working for you, what part you're failing on, what your gear is like, what legendaries you have access to? You need to help us help you.
    I downed it. I posted what did and didn't work. I posted what gear I have. So...

I downed it. I posted what did and didn't work. I posted what gear I have. So...
    Not in your OP you didn't, and you also only said your ilevel and that you "just kind of winged it and managed to get some decent rng". Sorry for being late to the party, but your cry for help wasn't very informative in the first place.

It took me a while that's for sure. I was 906 or something close to that. I had Prydaz and the bracers

I found more success taking Avatar instead of Wrecking Ball since I didn't have the belt. Most of the fight is spent tunneling Agatha than doing aoe damage. Also took War Machine, and Furious Charge Like others have said, I held Battle Cry and Odyn's Fury until the umbrals and smolderings came out. If I ever had more than two of the healing imps I would focus one then go back to agatha. I popped Avatar whenever she put her shield up (or most of them, sometimes it was still on cd)

I also said screw it to trying to kill the fuming imps and just made sure to keep their void zones on one side of her. Prydaz and the bracers helped me here because I could just stand in the same spot and just let the imps explode on me. That way when she jumps into phase 2 the void zones are in one spot. Once I did that I started making some real progress.

I personally found agatha to be the hardest. It wasn't terrible on my warrior because fury is my main, it took me forever on my rogue though.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Deleted
    Did it in low 920-s with Prydaz and crafted belt - didn't have helm, pants or bracers at that time. Used roughly the same talents as in guide. The dealbreaker for me was to take Furious Charge, I really needed that bit of healing. As already said here, save burst for healing imps, you will probably need Wrecking Ball as well to down them fast. I think I had CoF equipped but still saved BC for imps, CoF just ensured I had BC up when needed. If you space your burst windows correctly, this fight is a joke for Fury; Xylem was much more of a challenge for me recently as a 935 Arms (with half of Fury stats ang gear, but every legendary available, and 35 ilvls above those who did it on release).
    Last edited by mmoc097bcc2a5a; 2017-10-07 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    I did it without bracers, but I was at a rather high ilvl (922). For legendaries, I wore the helm and the trinket. I also had T20 4pc and Convergence of Fates for my 2nd trinket. Had 1 point in Concordance of the Legionfall (Fury isn't my main spec).
    I tried it when the mage tower challenges came out around 900 ilvl and I thought it was near impossible. This time around it was quite easy. I didn't even use drums. Took me 6-7 tries, I think. I saved BC and OF for the Smoldering Imps and they literally died from OF + 1-2 whirlwinds... pathetic.
    BC + OF came off cooldown sooner than those imps spawned and I sometimes popped them to use against other imps, only to have them on CD when I needed them for the smoldering ones. So I had to restrain myself and go back to saving them.
    So, I start by charging Agatha. Almost immediately thereafter, the Smoldering Imps spawn. I popped all of my CDs and they die in no time. Then I just ST Agatha until other imps spawn. I handled them like this:
    Fuming imps - if I even noticed them, I had them follow me to one side where I let them explode. Sometimes, they would explode right near Agatha because I wasn't paying attention. It mattered little, but it's definitely better to kite them to the side and have them blow up there.
    Umbral imp - it makes Agatha invulnerable, so just kill it. The exception is if there are Smoldering imps alive - they need to die first.
    The healing imps (dunno what they're called) - there are always two of them and the moment they spawn I just charge one, kill it, and then the other. I sometimes interrupted the second imp's healing channel if I felt comfortable that I'd be able to interrupt Agatha's shield when needed.

I felt like I out-geared the encounter like crazy. I rarely had more than one type of imp active at any given time (due to high DPS). When they do overlap, the key is to know which ones to kill first. I prio Smoldering > Umbral > healing imp > fuming Imp (didn't even kill it - just let him blow up somewhere safe to the side).

Healing wasn't an issue for me. BT was enough 90% of the time. I popped defensive CDs for when I dropped low and BT gradually healed me up (fast with frenzied regen popped).
    In p2 nothing changes, except you gotta dodge boulders. It makes it trickier, but keep your cool and angle your camera so that you see where they drop.
    The things that killed me most of the times were boulders for when I didn't pay attention and one hit me. With full health, however, I survived being struck by one with very low health (again, gear ftw). The other things that will damage you are Smoldering Imps and Agatha's channel during her shield. If you don't get her shield down so you c an interrupt her cast, she'll eventually tick a lot of damage on you.

My tip if you aren't highly geared is to wait, unless you want it to be hard.

After I had done it as Fury, I tried it on my better geared Fire mage (930 ilvl - hadn't been bothered to do it yet with him). One shot it. Super easy as ranged. Ignite and Pheonix flames just melt the imps in a heartbeat.

Deleted
    Just did it aswell, figured that why not do fury one since i had Arms one done since the start when it came out, rolled in with 923 ilvl, used the BoA demon trinket (815), didn`t have any better ones to use. Used bracers and neck as leges, ignored healing adds, killed them when there was 4 up with the other adds, got hit with few rocks aswell. Basically, easy encounter, arms one was harder to me cause of the ilvl dif ofc, 899 or what was i when i did it, don`t even remember exactly. Had few bugs with agatha aswell, on my second try she just shielded herself at 1%, no adds up and shield did not break, so i died. forgot to mention that i didn`t have conc either, frogot to even look.
    Last edited by mmocc5482c4731; 2017-10-13 at 11:41 AM.

I did it at 894 equipped, 2nd time the Mage Tower was up in the US.

Legendaries I used were Ceann' Ar Charger and Rethu's Incessant Courage... I also used Gronntooth Warhorn.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    This is easily the ...easiest one out of all them so I'm sure you'll get it in no time.
    I found it to be the most frustrating *by far* due to wiping under 2% several times in a row, but agreed.

Kill imps, dodge balls, eyes in the back of your head, collect new appearance.