Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There's skill in doing hard things.

There's no skill in doing stupid things
    none of which was "stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Would it therefore not be more impressive to do in in sub min/max setup then?
    I think there is a certain level of skill in going that extra mile to min max your character. I suppose it is fairly impressive to see it done while playing at a somewhat disadvantage. I guess I've just spent so much time optimizing my Prot pally that I assume everyone should. That's a good point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    I think there is a certain level of skill in going that extra mile to min max your character. I suppose it is fairly impressive to see it done while playing at a somewhat disadvantage. I guess I've just spent so much time optimizing my Prot pally that I assume everyone should. That's a good point though.
    You are such a typical WoW player: gotta tear people down who don't play like you do or perform like you do. Now that you got pointed out for sounding like a douche, you changed your tone in that last post.

It's not the casuals who are making WoW less fun, it's the ones who would rather tear someone down than help bring them up.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    You are such a typical WoW player: gotta tear people down who don't play like you do or perform like you do. Now that you got pointed out for sounding like a douche, you changed your tone in that last post.

It's not the casuals who are making WoW less fun, it's the ones who would rather tear someone down than help bring them up.
    I still think it's bad to play sub-optimally and stand by my original post. That being said I'll acknowledge someone if they make a good point. There's no reason to be so triggered buddy.

Wanted that skin for my Sunwalker transmog so I had to gear up my pala alt (and learn to play him quickly too).

Took me about 30 tries (lost around 3k nethershards). Not gonna lie, my kill attempt was supposed to be my last try, because I already ran out of runes and drums. I died and Kor'vas finished boss off (was like 3 hits). Very intense, felt like I was raiding again (which I stopped almost a year ago).

Anyway, I did it with 1 legendary (Sephuz), 915ilvl. Had a stunning trinket (Gift of Radiance, no idea where I got it), that turned out to be very useful for emergency interrupts. Didn't use DBM, no macros, no focus key and to be honest, I'm a pretty bad prot pala (class mechanic wise) I don't even know how things work exactly since I only played him for a week when I was gearing up in M+ dungeons and Argus.

My advice for phase 1: Just focus boss all the time really, go out of pool at 8-9 stacks, keep him interrupted and adds should die from cleave/aoe (when you go outside of the pool, pick the healing orb and hit some adds while you wait for debuff to ran out). Dodging push backs is just a matter of practice, eventually you will make a habit of constant movement when Infernals are up, but there is no need at all to either focus down eyes or infernals. Just dodge them and keep picking healing orbs when waiting for stacks to fall off.

For phase two most important thing is too keep moving (it's such a clusterfuck that trying to avoid infernal smashes by watching at their animation turned out to be almost impossible so I just kept moving.) I only had 4 anihiliations, becaus you can delay them by chain stunning the boss (HoJ, interrupting trinket, Velens orb, Warstomp). I didn't have any scheme for what cds to use, so for the last one I panic bubbled (divine shield) and it actually made me drop aggro so boss was hitting NPCs for a second, giving me time to recover (I died later anyway, but Korvas finished boss off).

Hope it helps someone who is struggling out there, and grats to all who got their flail!

Quote Originally Posted by Seegerts View Post

I also got Ret, frost dk, blood dk, guardian, feral, balance, a 2nd DH with both havoc and vengence, Elemental, Enhancement
    BEAST!!! what was ur ilvl on those if i may ask? i only got RET, done it a long long time ago.. .now i'm starting to get others because they've mentioned that challange artifact skins will not be available later on, and i want to get some of the sweet ones like the DH!

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    BEAST!!! what was ur ilvl on those if i may ask? i only got RET, done it a long long time ago.. .now i'm starting to get others because they've mentioned that challange artifact skins will not be available later on, and i want to get some of the sweet ones like the DH!
    Ret i was ilvl 889, sigryn is ezmode, Frost and Blood i was 920 4 peice tos, guardian i was 910 with class ring and KJ's trinket, 2 peice tos (it was fuckin hard), feral was the same since i went right into it after i got the werebear, but i had a lfr CoF. Balance was also the same since i was on a roll, only thing i had trouble with was learning how to play balance and used feral affinity. with both my DH's i spent 4 days crafting crit/haste or crit/verse gear and upgrading them to 900, 1st DH was 902 with prydaz and legendary chest made it easy. 2nd dh was 910, was crafted legendary boots and the half giants ring, was a little rough but i got it with 3% health left after the kill lol. Vengence challenge is fuckin ez after you get the sigil timing down. Elemental i was 920 4 peice tos and that 4 peice made the difference then the previous attempts before, i remember running to dps agatha, and she teleports away, run back and she was dead by the time i started casting something. enhancement i was 890, like i said sigryn is ez mode.

as for my rogues specs, assassination i was 905 when mage tower 1st went up sigryn again. Sub 910, i actually had to wait awhile to get the cloak to deal with the ice. outlaw holy fuck. i think i was 918 and still had a hard time with that, it wasnt until i got the class ring and combo'd it with the bracers that i barely got it, the kill was when i got lucky with grand melee buffs back to back. Assassination and Sub i used Valeeras for both and boots for assassination and cloak for sub.
    Last edited by HoserMoose; 2017-10-13 at 06:53 PM.

Deleted
    It takes about a day to get 920+ yet people around 900 spend their time doing mage tower xD Why not gear up and then do it? Maybe enjoy the challenge. But 60 tries? Can't believe it's fun.

i dunno about whether it is harder for paladins than other tanks but, i myself have done it on druid/monk/dh.

The tedious part is really just p1, regardless of class. Certain legendaries make it much easier or even trivial though. Honestly imo the frustrating part is maybe carelessly getting knocked off.

P1
    - Druids can sometimes still be knocked off even with charge if react even a split second too slow.
    - Monks can somewhat save themselves with Transcendence if react fast enough
    - DH will NEVER be knocked off with glide
    My total attempts for all 3 classes above was 200+. 80% of those attempts failed due to careless or unlucky knockbacks.

p2 can basically be summarized as kill the boss before it kills you.

Personally, having completed feral and balance druid, windwalker monk and havoc dh, i find the tank challenge unfairly difficult in comparison.
    Feral Druid - 25ish attempts
    Balance Druid - 10 attempts
    Windwalker Monk - 4 attempts. This was almost insultingly easy.
    Havoc DH - 20 attempts
    Last edited by Swiftshadow; 2017-10-13 at 07:03 PM.

I found pally the most challenging of the few i've tried.

Prot Warr @ 917: >150 attempts. My very first challenge.
    Veng DH @ 920: 2 attempts. Went in to have a look - no flask, no pots, no plan. RIP.
    Prot Pally @ 937: <40 attempts. I seriously overgear it, but I just sucked at this OS. Switching to Sephuz+Aggramar was key - got him on the try 3 after that.
    Bear @ 930: ~40 attempts. Ran out of shards. Learnt that unlike Warr or Prot, anything above 5 stacks is bad.

The other challenges were easy by comparison.

Holy Priest @ 929: ~15 attempts, most of it not having a fucking clue on what to do (lol @ Holy Nova)
    Disc Priest @ 935: 1 attempt. You can literally brute force this, since I still cant tell you what the mechs are.
    Fury Warr @ 935: <10 attempts, again completely clueless.
    Arms Warr @ 933: <5 attempts, same as above, but ignorance does not matter as much here.

Obviously, at 930+, things are ALOT easier, but I find that gear counts for a lot more in the dps/heal than it does for tank. You can be 950, but you'll still die to the punt that comes every 10 seconds.