Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use it to make sure I get skins or mounts I don't have. At the least, I want 50 shards if nothing else.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

This is the kind of crate I tend to reroll.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahahahaha, this one had a stimpack in it. Guess I'm keeping it anyway!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I can turn a bunch of useless fucking sprays and emojis into a skin or mount? It's kind of obvious OP, why make a whole thread about it. Use common sense.

I reroll all the time. I've rerolled the max number of times countless times. I always have plenty of gold, so why not? I can still buy the new heros when they come out. So if a box gives me only or mostly shards, then I reroll. Most of the time I end up with better stuff. I have something like 4000 shards I still haven't used, so why would I want more?
    This is my signature and it is special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Because I can turn a bunch of useless fucking sprays and emojis into a skin or mount? It's kind of obvious OP, why make a whole thread about it. Use common sense.
    Because as someone new to the game I was asking how is it worth 250g to turn a bunch of useless fucking sprays and emojis into another bunch of useless fucking sprays and emojis with a small chance of rarer items? Why not save that gold to get all the heroes sooner instead of draining it away? Is it just opinion? Nothing in game gives you the answer why not ask on a Hots forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    What's the point of rerolling a loot box for 250 gold? Isn't the gold better saved up to buy heroes instead of rerolling for random junk?
    No trolling I've rerolled a shitty box into double legendary box before

10+ Year Old Account
    Because as someone new to the game I was asking how is it worth 250g to turn a bunch of useless fucking sprays and emojis into another bunch of useless fucking sprays and emojis with a small chance of rarer items? Why not save that gold to get all the heroes sooner instead of draining it away? Is it just opinion? Nothing in game gives you the answer why not ask on a Hots forum?
    Well it's subject to interpretation. If you rather buy a bunch of heroes, then save your gold. If you care for cosmetics more, then reroll the shitty box. It's all up to you. Personally I find gold easier to come by then the little white triangle currency used to buy skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    No trolling I've rerolled a shitty box into double legendary box before
    Trolling a troll?

You paid 250g for an unopened loot box.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of rerolling a loot box for 250 gold? Isn't the gold better saved up to buy heroes instead of rerolling for random junk?
    Because for 250 gold i rather reroll a item i allready have into one i dont if its a garunteed legendary or something.
    also just 250 gold to reroll a normal or rare box for a chance at better then 3 greys and a blue is worth the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely reroll boxes even though I have enough gold just because the shards are worth to keep.

Just in case they release a cool skin I want and don't want to spend real money on it.

1)The chance of other items is actually not that small. The chances of getting skins is pretty high, and even if you have a ton of skins and just get dupes, then any duplicates convert to shards which you can then use to cherry pick whatever specific skins/mounts/whatever you don't yet have. And while they're rarer, you never know, you might actually get a 10k hero in one of those boxes that cost you 250g to reroll.
    2)You MAKE gold easily in game. For those of whose who have played awhile, we ALREADY have most(or all) of the heroes we want, so as long as we do our daily quests, play somewhat regularly, and level new heroes to 5, we will never NOT have the gold to get new heroes on day 1. Like I mentioned previously, I already have every hero in game, except Ana, and Lost Vikings, who I do not want. Right now, I have enough gold to get Junkrat on day 1(if I want him), and could still reroll 40+ lootboxes with gold to spare. And by the time the next hero after Junkrat comes out, I'll have already made enough gold to get them on day 1.

So, rerolling boxes literally has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on how fast I get new heroes, so again, no, saving that gold doesn't help me get new heroes at all. So why wouldn't I reroll boxes that give only stuff I don't want, or a too small amount of shards?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    I reroll all the time. I've rerolled the max number of times countless times. I always have plenty of gold, so why not? I can still buy the new heros when they come out. So if a box gives me only or mostly shards, then I reroll. Most of the time I end up with better stuff. I have something like 4000 shards I still haven't used, so why would I want more?
    I'm kinda confused with this. You seem to be saying shards are a waste, so you reroll loot boxes to get other cool stuff. But...couldn't you use shards to buy that other cool stuff? Then getting more shards wouldn't be a waste, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I'm kinda confused with this. You seem to be saying shards are a waste, so you reroll loot boxes to get other cool stuff. But...couldn't you use shards to buy that other cool stuff? Then getting more shards wouldn't be a waste, right?
    I could, but I also have plenty of gold. I reroll in order to get a chance at things I don't have, and I also use the shards to craft the things I want right away. But if I don't feel like I HAVE to have that item, I just wait until it shows up in a loot box. It will eventually.
    This is my signature and it is special.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because if you get four pieces of junk you don't want you can re-roll it to try and get either shards or something useful. If you play regularly you will usually have more than enough gold to buy every hero release anyway (though you may wanna buy them with gems instead for bundles).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    If I get all commons, for example, I reroll, every time I did, it was very much well worth it.
    This is also where I tend to re-roll. Otherwise I don't tend to bother, but gold isn't that difficult to build up if you stick with the game and do your quests.

It's a simple rule of thumb for me (and it's been mentioned before). If I get the absolute minimum (so all commons for a common box, 1 rare for a rare box and so on) I will reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    1)The chance of other items is actually not that small. The chances of getting skins is pretty high, and even if you have a ton of skins and just get dupes, then any duplicates convert to shards which you can then use to cherry pick whatever specific skins/mounts/whatever you don't yet have. And while they're rarer, you never know, you might actually get a 10k hero in one of those boxes that cost you 250g to reroll.
    2)You MAKE gold easily in game. For those of whose who have played awhile, we ALREADY have most(or all) of the heroes we want, so as long as we do our daily quests, play somewhat regularly, and level new heroes to 5, we will never NOT have the gold to get new heroes on day 1. Like I mentioned previously, I already have every hero in game, except Ana, and Lost Vikings, who I do not want. Right now, I have enough gold to get Junkrat on day 1(if I want him), and could still reroll 40+ lootboxes with gold to spare. And by the time the next hero after Junkrat comes out, I'll have already made enough gold to get them on day 1.

So, rerolling boxes literally has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on how fast I get new heroes, so again, no, saving that gold doesn't help me get new heroes at all. So why wouldn't I reroll boxes that give only stuff I don't want, or a too small amount of shards?

- - - Updated - - -

Sharding 4 emoji packs nets you 20 shards.

Rerolling could net you the 30 shard drop, OR a rare to shard giving you basically the same amount of shards + more stuff.

Gold isn't an issue in this game if you do dailys.

10+ Year Old Account
    because 4 voice lines are a depressing sight
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Sharding 4 emoji packs nets you 20 shards.

Rerolling could net you the 30 shard drop, OR a rare to shard giving you basically the same amount of shards + more stuff.

Gold isn't an issue in this game if you do dailys.
    Yes, I know the math. However, the post I responded to said if the box doesn't contain an item he wants, he rerolls it, because "shards are a waste". Not "if it only has a few shards", he rerolls it. The original post I responded to straight up said he didn't want shards, and would reroll any box that only contained shards, regardless of amount.

considering I've gotten heroes from rerolled chests before, it's worth the gamble if I didn't get anything exciting in the initial chest. obviously that's not always the case, and it's true that sometimes I've gotten worse stuff from a rerolled chest than the original chest, but there's an element of fun for me just to open the chest...
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

It's meant to be a gold sink for people with a lot of it and nothing else to spend it on.
    I'm a thread killer.