Thread: logic puzzle

Deleted

Lightbulb solved - pls delete

can be deleted
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2017-10-05 at 03:56 PM.

I'm insanely disappointed. I came in here and I was going to school everyone and talk down to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm insanely disappointed. I came in here and I was going to school everyone and talk down to people.
    From the roof?

10+ Year Old Account
    The puzzle was this:

There are 4 dwarves.
    They are separated by a wall; 1 on one side, 3 on the other (1|234).
    All dwarves are facing the wall.
    Each dwarf is wearing a hat, either Blue or Red.
    At the end of the night (or day, can't remember), a goblin comes in and switches the hats around; now the the arrangement looks like this (R|BRB).
    Which dwarf can correctly guess the colour of their hat?

To me it seems like a cross between these 2 riddles:

I didn't get to ask about any rules, but if there are only 2 red and 2 blue hats, and they can wait for as long as they want before guessing; then dwarf #4 could wait through several rotations and note the amount and colour of hats, then when he see's 2 red or 2 blue hats in front of him, then he knows what colour hat he has, right?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I'm not sure if there's enough information given about some details, such as if the dwarves know there are 2 red and 2 blue to begin with, and if they are to announce when they know the answer.

If the answer is yes to both the above, then the one that would correctly know is #3, because #4 wasn't able to guess. #4 would know if there were either two red hats or two blue hats in front of them. But when #4 sees a blue and a red, they don't know, and then since #4 was silent, #3 knows that there's a red and a blue in front of #4, and since #3 sees the blue, then they know that they have a red.

Something like that. But I don't know if my assumptions are supposed to be given, and I'm not sure how you'd solve it otherwise.