Which spec after 3 months break?

Hello there!
    About 3 months ago i was playing Frost DK, 6/10 M NH etc. I was Top 10 Outland but i needed to rest. Now i have more time and i want to play.
    So... Which class/spec is fun to play/have good dps? I watched warcraftlogs but its not that simple. Subtely seems good but T21 is not that good.
    Furry/Arms - rotation, how about dps on next raid? Can u propose something for me? Pref melee (played Ele sham), will play M ToS/next raid. Need something fun and if can, max. dps. U know present situation more than me. Thanks for help guys! :-)

Sorry but no one can tell you what is fun for you. My advice is ask yourself a few questions to narrow down classes / spec and test for yourself:
    - Do you prefer mobile but squishy classes over tanky but slow?
    - Do you like RNG or do you want as little as possible RNG in your DPS?
    - Do you like a reactive rotation / priority system (reacting to procs etc) or a more pre planned setup?
    - What about class resource systems? Do you like the builder-spender type classes or do you prefere a plain mana/energy bar for example?
    - Do you like certain transmogs, class fantasy, mounts etc? Maybe your favorite race can't do the class you consider? Do you want so see some flashy spell effects in combat?

Unless you're rushing for mythic world first kills I think even in mythic you can take what you like. Blizzard is turning the balance wheel with every minor patch anyway.

For ME personally dual wielding mobile classes are fun as DPS. I'm playing my sub rogue since classic and love the current state of sub but I also like the havoc DH (while I still think Demon Hunters shouldn't have happened because they took some really fun things from other classes away to make DHs happen).

I`ll ask this way. Arms/Furry / Sub rogue / Affli lock? Need max. dps and fun rotation. How about T21/how about now? Warcraftlogs says that Arms is big now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesty1337 View Post
    I`ll ask this way. Arms/Furry / Sub rogue / Affli lock? Need max. dps and fun rotation. How about T21/how about now? Warcraftlogs says that Arms is big now.
    Well as you said logs shows who is best at what encounter.
    Look up youtube videos of gameplays and maybe you'll find a class that seems fun

Hello again, i have checked logs and videos so i eliminated Fmage, Aflli etc. I can't decide between Sub Rogue / Fury/Arms Warrior. I need simple answer - Which spec is the best? pure AoE/Burst AoE/ST/ST Burst/Mobility/Utility. Can't decide so i will choose the best spec in future playing/raiding.

Even if we give you an answer, you will probably not be satisfied within a short amount of time. What you are looking for is tied to tiers and might be completely different come T21, plus it requires the 4 set and proper legendaries to match log performance. If you're only interested in 1 of the rogue specs and both of the warrior specs, it's probably safe to say you'll want to roll a warrior and try out both specs yourself from there.
    Last edited by Nupss; 2017-10-06 at 05:07 PM.

Hello again, i have checked logs and videos so i eliminated Fmage, Aflli etc. I can't decide between Sub Rogue / Fury/Arms Warrior. I need simple answer - Which spec is the best? pure AoE/Burst AoE/ST/ST Burst/Mobility/Utility. Can't decide so i will choose the best spec in future playing/raiding.
    Well you wont be satisfied if you pick a class based on logs, because new raid coming, new tuning happens all the time. The spec you are choosing might go right to the dumper.

Just pick what interests you, easier to enjoy youself than going fotm.

Deleted
    Please tell me what fotm to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Please tell me what fotm to play.
    Gnome Demon Hunter

I really do not know why people refuse to give you an answer, so ill give you one, and then we can see if they get all offended and type the opposite.

in any case, you will get an answer.

Which is best in a raid setting, as this is what understand that you want to focus on for the classes you listed:

Single target: arms warrior > affliction warlock > subtlety rogue
    Cleave: affliction warlock > arms warrior = Subtlety rogue
    Heavy cleave / AOE: arms warrior > subtlety rogue > affliction warlock

However, they are all in a good spot, so personal preference should be taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    I really do not know why people refuse to give you an answer, so ill give you one, and then we can see if they get all offended and type the opposite.

in any case, you will get an answer.

Which is best in a raid setting, as this is what understand that you want to focus on for the classes you listed:

Single target: arms warrior > affliction warlock > subtlety rogue
    Cleave: affliction warlock > arms warrior = Subtlety rogue
    Heavy cleave / AOE: arms warrior > subtlety rogue > affliction warlock

However, they are all in a good spot, so personal preference should be taken into consideration.
    Like he said, here's another answer thats very straightforward:

If you dont mind grinding leggos and tier, and wanna faceroll everything (as of the current patch), go for Arms warrior. With BIS, it will tear everything up, from ST, to cleave, to movement, with even some good self healing (MS heal that is). At the moment, I find that Arms is very fun to play, as it is a reactive style, where your rotation will constantly depend on procs, cooldowns, and talents.

I've tried only 3 classes this expac, Druid (resto + boomie), Warrior (fury + prot + arms), and MM hunter, so I don't know about the rest, but so far all 3 have provided a nice gameplay (except for boomie, hated that), and MM Hunter is, in my humble opinion, the easiest to play (and get great dps on).

That being said, try for Arms if you really want a versatile melee dps role, and whatever you do, don't go for fury, unless you're prepared for alot of frustration in terms of dps and numbers.

Enjoy the game

If u want best spec check logs. If u want something fun to play you have to try them yourself.

Keep in mind threads like this aren't permitted on these forums, had you posted in General this would have been locked by now.

That being said, I personally enjoy Fury more although Arms outperforms it in almost every situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello mates I have an alt Warrior with one legendary ( the jumping shoulders ) . And I want to ask if Arms is heavy dependent on Legos or can perform ok for most scenarios ( hc raiding and M+ ). Because I really like the style of arms atm. Plus Warr is just awesome. Thanks !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgrim View Post
    Hello mates I have an alt Warrior with one legendary ( the jumping shoulders ) . And I want to ask if Arms is heavy dependent on Legos or can perform ok for most scenarios ( hc raiding and M+ ). Because I really like the style of arms atm. Plus Warr is just awesome. Thanks !
    Yes and no. The current situation is (/w t20) that you "need" the new helmet. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward and with the new raid opening soon I wouldn't bother fishing for it. Arms is fine without specific legendaries.

For m+ just make sure you have Sweeping Strikes, and for raids well don't be afraid of "low" dps until sub 20% health of bosses, Arms Warriors are literally the executioners. That's where your dps will be undisputable.

Deleted
    I don't like play style of arms, so i stick with Fury, and its not bad in any means. It has solid ST dmg, great AoE burst, and is also cleaving well.
    I wish i like Arms but I don't, so no one will tell you what will you like.
    Rogues are like mages this expansion, 1 tier pirate is op, then its garbage and sub is king, if you like only 1 spec and care about performance don't roll rogue.

Also, it is funny how you keep calling Fury Warrior Furry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Yes and no. The current situation is (/w t20) that you "need" the new helmet. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward and with the new raid opening soon I wouldn't bother fishing for it. Arms is fine without specific legendaries.

For m+ just make sure you have Sweeping Strikes, and for raids well don't be afraid of "low" dps until sub 20% health of bosses, Arms Warriors are literally the executioners. That's where your dps will be undisputable.
    Thanks man I managed to get some decent gear from WQs adn so. And I must say that Arms beats faster than my Fury. Also the healing is nice from MS. What I dont like is the low stamina I was used at my Fury that I had much more plus 2x 2h weapon looks awesome and badass. But the downside is that fury rotation is just Meh to me. Arms feels like a nice rotation. Waiting for my 2nd Lego drop and I hope for a reasonable one