Thread: Attack Torb :/

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Its not only about Torb but all of the heroes. If you play Pharah on an open map and they have Mcree, soldier, and widow. You should switch. It's common sense. Same as Genji vs, Winston, Symmetra etc..

If your pick doesn't work and a team is asking you to switch because you cant do nothing you should switch way before a team even noticing you doing nothing.

If you have Junk and Genji and they have pharah. One of your DPSs should switch to hitscan.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-11-16 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydrane View Post
    Well with the whole 'disruptive gameplay' thing re: Fuey500, it's now clear that you can. They have clarified an aspect of the 'poor teamwork' category. It seems to be their position that at the start of a match, you can choose whatever you like, even if the team is asking you to play a different hero before the match has begun. This is done in the sense of fairness, essentially forcing the rest of the team to give you a shot at playing your hero. If, however, conditions are inclement for your hero and you still won't change, they will uphold the ban.

And also bear in mind that what we're talking about here isn't Blizzard going around manually banning people - the only widespread incidence of that seems to be targeted at cheaters - we're talking about Blizzard staff deciding whether or not to uphold automatically-issued bans, which require something like 100 reports to trigger the initial 24-hour ban. If you are receiving that many reports, maybe you actually should consider either practicing more in Quick Play or learning to play other heroes, because you don't just accidentally get 100 people to report you for no reason. 100 reports is still at least 10 competitive matches where all 11 other players, allied and enemy, report you.
    Well i must have received atleast 500 reports by now and still no ban. Maybe its because the people reporting cant understand basic words and dont understand the reporting rules. So you think that if 100 people make a report against a player that all of them are legitimate do you? and should be auto ban just because of the number of them?

"If you are receiving that many reports, maybe you actually should consider either practicing more in Quick Play or learning to play other heroes, because you don't just accidentally get 100 people to report you for no reason"

Oh lol so naïve this is exactly what happens if you dont play a meta hero. Picking torb in attack is "regarded" by the community as a troll pick, have you not heard the line "torb change or we will report you" before? i get it all the time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Its not only about Torb but all of the heroes. If you play Pharah on an open map and they have Mcree, soldier, and widow. You should switch. It's common sense. Same as Genji vs, Winston, Symmetra etc..

If your pick doesn't work and a team is asking you to switch because you cant do nothing you should switch way before a team even noticing you doing nothing.

If you have Junk and Genji and they have pharah. One of your DPSs should switch to hitscan.
    Show me in the rules where i have to switch based on what the enemy team has.

By your logic everyone would have to constantly switch characters. This never happens only the non meta heros get reported double standards every where

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Don't play Torb or Mei on attack. Probably not on def either.

Symmetra is a DPS, not a support. Again, def only.

Don't play DPS if your team is short tanks or supports (ie always). Aim for 2/2/2 most of the time, and Mercy is mandatory. Probably Rein too on defence (you could maybe substitute Orisa). You also want one DPS to be a hitscan like Soldier or McCree if they have a Pharah. Provided they can hit the broad side of a barn...

Don't play Hanzo, Widow or Sombra ever.

I think those are the golden rules of Competitive, at least below Diamond or whatever.
    That's not a rule book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    Is playing torb in attack a reportable offence I'm really scared COs 6 pple reported for me for playing him and I don't want to get banned also if I refuse to switch will I get banned. Also does blizzard voice record games because some guy told me to suck his dick and said my mum is a fat whore these are not nice things can I report him for this ? I feel like I'm being constantly abused and this upsets me
    Q: When you play Torb on attack and it doesn't work, do you remain Torb?
    A1: Stay Torb -> Can't blame your team for complaining if they asked you if you could play something else
    A2: Switch -> Can't get banned for that though.

And yes report people that just verbally abuse others.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-11-16 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Q: When you play Torb on attack and it doesn't work, do you remain Torb?
    A1: Stay Torb -> Can't blame your team for complaining if they asked you if you could play something else
    A2: Switch -> Can't get banned for that though.

And yes report people that just verbally abuse others.
    Hey Mr ninja have you read and understood the reporting and banning rules, you cant get banned for not switching, or cant get be banned for playing a character not considered optimal.

If your playing mercy or Rein or Dva and its not working do you switch. Who has the authority to tell you you have to switch

In answer to your question if torb is not working it depends if I'm having fun or not.
    If im not i usually change that doesn't mean i have to tho as confirmed in the rules.

I cant find any evidence that blizzard record in game voice chats so i dont see how reporting them for verbal abuse would do anything as there would be no evidence to back up my claim

Play torb and leave the voice chat,problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really dont get it do you.

The fact that he admits he thinks its a bad choice and doesn't switch is irrelevant if he is actually trying to win and engaging the enemy

You can still be TRYING to complete map objectives if torb is shooting reins shield with his gun that counts as trying whether or not it is effective or not is totally irrelevant. If torb is nowhere near the objective and just shooting in to the sky yes that is reportable.

Its a complete myth to suggest that just cos i pick torb i need all 5 other characters to be built around me lol what? like explain please how is picking torb any different from building all 5 other members around a soldier or a mercy explain the difference.
    Well, to begin with, 'engaging the enemy' is irrelevant without context so we can't credit someone for simply engaging the enemy in a competitive match. You could play like Team Deathmatch and you'd still be 'engaging the enemy'. So all we have to tackle is the 'trying to win'.

'Trying to win' in the Competitive Overwatch sense, means trying to win at all costs, using all tools available to you. You have entered Competitive with a cost you are not willing to pay, being changing your hero in order to increase the team's chances of winning. Your personal definition of 'trying to win' is irrelevant, whatever it may be. Statements made by the team including Jeff Kaplan make it clear that hero switching is part of the game. You can't refuse to participate in one of the core mechanics of the game, hero counters and switching and still claim you're trying to win as much as everyone else on your team, when they are willing to do so.

And it's not a 'complete myth' that you're forcing 5 other players to build around you. If you are playing against an enemy team seriously trying to win and they figure out you won't switch your hero, they can tailor their team comp to hard counter you, take you out of the fight as soon as possible and try to get your team tilted at you so they play poorly. If your team doesn't tilt, their only solution to this if they want to win is to try to build a comp that will negate attempts to counter you and that leaves them with very few hero options to pick.

Well i must have received atleast 500 reports by now and still no ban. Maybe its because the people reporting cant understand basic words and dont understand the reporting rules. So you think that if 100 people make a report against a player that all of them are legitimate do you? and should be auto ban just because of the number of them?
    I simply explained to you how the system works, I didn't advocate in one direction or another. As it happens I do think that if you receive 100 reports from competitive matches you should receive an auto-ban, though I don't think the system can currently automatically differentiate between reports from QP/Arcade and ones from Competitive, this would probably be something they can find out later in reviewing the reports. For the time being, I don't mind that the threshold is shared from all sources as I'd rather see toxic players banned and the penalty of an auto-ban being an incentive on the community to try to be better to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Deleted

Show me in the rules where i have to switch based on what the enemy team has.

By your logic everyone would have to constantly switch characters. This never happens only the non meta heros get reported double standards every where
    It's not rule. it's logic. Even picking torb can be a logic choice. If you have orisa who can shield your turret.

And if you are playing competitive you should pick according to your and enemy team. By switching hero, you can only gain and not lose. 1) You can counter something they have. 2) Enemy team doesn't expect you will be on another hero suddenly.

When enemy team don't have Hit Scan. Pharah is the logical choice to pick even in mid-round. This switch can gain you control over the point and you can win a game. They can be playing Reaper and Junkrat but you as phara can shred them. Much better than playing soldier you did before and still did well. Also, you can force them to pick something else and lose they Ultimate charge.

it's simple.

If you want to play just what you want no matter if you win or lose or what heroes they have or are on your team. Play quick match. In Competetive, you should play to win. And to win you have to play with the team and not be dump jackass who refuses switch useless hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydrane View Post
    Well, to begin with, 'engaging the enemy' is irrelevant without context so we can't credit someone for simply engaging the enemy in a competitive match. You could play like Team Deathmatch and you'd still be 'engaging the enemy'. So all we have to tackle is the 'trying to win'.

'Trying to win' in the Competitive Overwatch sense, means trying to win at all costs, using all tools available to you. You have entered Competitive with a cost you are not willing to pay, being changing your hero in order to increase the team's chances of winning. Your personal definition of 'trying to win' is irrelevant, whatever it may be. Statements made by the team including Jeff Kaplan make it clear that hero switching is part of the game. You can't refuse to participate in one of the core mechanics of the game, hero counters and switching and still claim you're trying to win as much as everyone else on your team, when they are willing to do so.

And it's not a 'complete myth' that you're forcing 5 other players to build around you. If you are playing against an enemy team seriously trying to win and they figure out you won't switch your hero, they can tailor their team comp to hard counter you, take you out of the fight as soon as possible and try to get your team tilted at you so they play poorly. If your team doesn't tilt, their only solution to this if they want to win is to try to build a comp that will negate attempts to counter you and that leaves them with very few hero options to pick.

I simply explained to you how the system works, I didn't advocate in one direction or another. As it happens I do think that if you receive 100 reports from competitive matches you should receive an auto-ban, though I don't think the system can currently automatically differentiate between reports from QP/Arcade and ones from Competitive, this would probably be something they can find out later in reviewing the reports. For the time being, I don't mind that the threshold is shared from all sources as I'd rather see toxic players banned and the penalty of an auto-ban being an incentive on the community to try to be better to each other.
    You say Jeff Kaplan said role switching is part of the game but that doesn't mean some one MUST switch because someone says so or you will be banned. How hard is it really to understand this? Show me the rule that states the opposite?

"'Trying to win' in the Competitive Overwatch sense, means trying to win at all costs, using all tools available to you"

Oh really is this not a personal rule you just made up show me some evidence this an official statement from blizzard or is this just your take on it?

I simply explained to you how the system works, I didn't advocate in one direction or another. As it happens I do think that if you receive 100 reports from competitive matches you should receive an auto-ban

Just contradicted yourself there mate. You say you dont advocate in one direction or other then they say in the next sentence that you do clearly advocate a ban for 100 reports lolol

Can you provide any evidence to suggest that if I'm playing torb for example we are not winning I'm shooting the enemy if i dont switch i will be banned.

Dont assert your opinion is true provide evidence if you can

There is absolutely nothing wrong with picking Torb on attack.

In Quick Play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    You say Jeff Kaplan said role switching is part of the game but that doesn't mean some one MUST switch because someone says so or you will be banned. How hard is it really to understand this? Show me the rule that states the opposite?

"'Trying to win' in the Competitive Overwatch sense, means trying to win at all costs, using all tools available to you"

Oh really is this not a personal rule you just made up show me some evidence this an official statement from blizzard or is this just your take on it?

I simply explained to you how the system works, I didn't advocate in one direction or another. As it happens I do think that if you receive 100 reports from competitive matches you should receive an auto-ban

Just contradicted yourself there mate. You say you dont advocate in one direction or other then they say in the next sentence that you do clearly advocate a ban for 100 reports lolol

Can you provide any evidence to suggest that if I'm playing torb for example we are not winning I'm shooting the enemy if i dont switch i will be banned.

Dont assert your opinion is true provide evidence if you can
    You are trying to justify your playing as Torb only with "where it is stated I cant do that" etc.

The reportable offense is Bad teamwork. Not switching useless hero to some who is in synergy with rest of your team even if team is asking you all the time = bad teamwork. What you don't understand.

[B]"And it's not a 'complete myth' that you're forcing 5 other players to build around you. If you are playing against an enemy team seriously trying to win and they figure out you won't switch your hero, they can tailor their team comp to hard counter you, take you out of the fight as soon as possible and try to get your team tilted at you so they play poorly. If your team doesn't tilt, their only solution to this if they want to win is to try to build a comp that will negate attempts to counter you and that leaves them with very few hero options to pick."

So do you have list of all the "hard counters" in the game because i wouldn't want to be banned for picking the "wrong" hero. Where is blizzards official rule on hard counters? If I'm playing genji and they have Winston and symetra am i automatically being hard countered? i should at least get an ingame warning to say: You are being hard countered please switch or you will be banned right?

Or if they have pharah and i play junk am i being hard countered? so cant play junk if they have pharah right? or i will be at risk of being banned.

Fortunately for me there are zero rules saying that if you dont switch when the team ask you to you will be banned So all your personal feelings of what you think the rules are, are completely irrelevant once again.

- - - Updated - - -

There is absolutely nothing wrong with picking Torb on attack.

In Quick Play.
    Why am i allowed to pick torb on attack maps in competitive then if it is a "bannable offense". Surely the overwatch team wouldn't let you pick a character and then ban you for picking that character hmm?

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Allora;48053539]You are trying to justify your playing as Torb only with "where it is stated I cant do that" etc.

Yes that is exactly what I'm doing show me the rule that says this is wrong i can play torb or any character and i am well within the laws of the blizzard overwatch team

"The reportable offense is Bad teamwork. Not switching useless hero to some who is in synergy with rest of your team even if team is asking you all the time = bad teamwork. What you don't understand"

Maybe your another one not familiar with official rules of the game here i will help you out

Poor Teamwork
    This is defined as “not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion”, including calling teammates “horrible”.

“Poor Teamwork” is not choosing a hero that isn’t considered optimal for the team, or not talking in team chat.

Rule Definition

Word forms: plural , 3rd person singular present tense rules , present participle ruling , past tense , past participle ruled

Rules are instructions that tell you what you are allowed to do and what you are not allowed to do.
    Last edited by Fluffyfluff; 2017-11-16 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted

You really dont get it do you.

The fact that he admits he thinks its a bad choice and doesn't switch is irrelevant if he is actually trying to win and engaging the enemy
    Except you're ignoring that shooting at a barrier and going "well I tried guys" is pretty much the same as sitting in base and doing nothing. You are useless at that point, and your team is suffering because of it.

You can still be TRYING to complete map objectives if torb is shooting reins shield with his gun that counts as trying whether or not it is effective or not is totally irrelevant. If torb is nowhere near the objective and just shooting in to the sky yes that is reportable.

Its a complete myth to suggest that just cos i pick torb i need all 5 other characters to be built around me lol what? like explain please how is picking torb any different from building all 5 other members around a soldier or a mercy explain the difference.
    You have a top 500 Torb telling you he couldn't do anything. THAT is admitting "I'm not trying". It's really not a defense, unless you're claiming to know Torb better than the top 500 torb and Blizzard.

And no, you are flat out wrong about that. To try to even compare Torb to Mercy or Soldier just screams to me that you don't actually understand this.

Half of Torb's effectiveness comes from a stationary turret. One that can be ripped to shreds before it even goes up if you're trying to use it offensively. You're going to need a tank to babysit you for that.

To try to even compare that to Soldier or Mercy is just dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except you're ignoring that shooting at a barrier and going "well I tried guys" is pretty much the same as sitting in base and doing nothing. You are useless at that point, and your team is suffering because of it.

You have a top 500 Torb telling you he couldn't do anything. THAT is admitting "I'm not trying". It's really not a defense, unless you're claiming to know Torb better than the top 500 torb and Blizzard.

And no, you are flat out wrong about that. To try to even compare Torb to Mercy or Soldier just screams to me that you don't actually understand this.

Half of Torb's effectiveness comes from a stationary turret. One that can be ripped to shreds before it even goes up if you're trying to use it offensively. You're going to need a tank to babysit you for that.

To try to even compare that to Soldier or Mercy is just dishonest.
    So you think a turret shooting a barrier and torbs gun shooting at a barrier = zero damage done to the barrier, your equating that to sitting in base afk really? that's moronic

How do you get from he cant do "anything" (which you cant explain) to him not trying. He could be trying with all his might and still not be able to do anything.

You say I'm flat out wrong to compare torb to mercy or soldier why is that can you give any reasoning why it should be any different? , or is it just because they are "meta" heroes the rules dont apply to them? hmm?

Explain if you can

Why am i allowed to pick torb on attack maps in competitive then if it is a "bannable offense". Surely the overwatch team wouldn't let you pick a character and then ban you for picking that character hmm?
    There's no point trying to litigate what is and is not a "bannable offense".

Here's how it actually works - people can report you for poor teamwork. Overwatch is a game where comp matters and you need to swap heroes to adapt to the situation, if you don't your teammates can rightly call you out for it.

Accumulate enough reports and yes Blizzard might squelch or ban you.

If you want to just do your own thing and not care about your team - that's totally fine. There's a game mode especially for people who want to do that. It's called Quick Play.

There's no point trying to litigate what is and is not a "bannable offense".

Here's how it actually works - people can report you for poor teamwork. Overwatch is a game where comp matters and you need to swap heroes to adapt to the situation, if you don't your teammates can rightly call you out for it.

Accumulate enough reports and yes Blizzard might squelch or ban you.

If you want to just do your own thing and not care about your team - that's totally fine. There's a game mode especially for people who want to do that. It's called Quick Play.
    Another moron i see that doesn't know what poor teamwork means. Do i have to type it out the reporting rule again for poor teamwork or are you able to read basic English?

Show me in the rules where it says you have to switch heros?

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by xChurch; 2017-11-17 at 01:52 AM.

Another moron i see that doesn't know what poor teamwork means. Do i have to type it out the reporting rule again for poor teamwork or are you able to read basic English?

Again, attempting to litigate the rules is pointless.

This is like a kid playing "gotcha" with his parents' rules.

So you think a turret shooting a barrier and torbs gun shooting at a barrier = zero damage done to the barrier, your equating that to sitting in base afk really? that's moronic

How do you get from he cant do "anything" (which you cant explain) to him not trying. He could be trying with all his might and still not be able to do anything.
    Because this is a game where you can change to adapt and fit your situation.

If you're NOT doing that in Comp, you don't belong there. And no, it's not moronic, you try to out damage an Orisa's barrier, or Reinhardt's as Torb. It ain't happening, you'll be lucky if you can break through a Winston barrier. If he wasn't changing characters to fit the situation, he wasn't trying. He was hindering his team to fit his own desire.

You say I'm flat out wrong to compare torb to mercy or soldier why is that can you give any reasoning why it should be any different? , or is it just because they are "meta" heroes the rules dont apply to them? hmm?

Explain if you can
    Because it shouldn't HAVE to be explained.

Mercy and Soldier can fit in every situation. That's WHY they were "meta". It's not the other way around, they don't fit into every situation because they're meta, they're meta because they can be picked in almost any situation. Soldier doesn't NEED someone to babysit him so he can set up half his kit. Neither does Mercy. Torb does. Torb has to STOP participating so he can set up his turret. That's not an issue either Mercy or Soldier has, hence why it's completely irrelevant to compare them.

10+ Year Old Account

the reason blizzard would not overturn fuey's suspension was because the guy had gotten hundreds and hundreds of reports for playing nothing but torb in tons and tons of games. and really, considering the measure of played games that he'd accrued that large number of reports over and played nothing but torb despite undoubtedly being countered at some point and having his teammates ask him to better accommodate the team to achieve victory, the guy just refused. He wouldn't even try and continued to play Torb.

Is that not the definition of poor teamwork? Or has this generation now decided the meaning of every word in the English language is open to individual interpretation?
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-11-17 at 01:54 AM.