Thread: Attack Torb :/

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Note that lahis ban was for playing only 1 char no matter the team or situation not making a bad pick

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Well Torbjòrn isn't really ideal for attack but it isn't against the rules to play heroes that may not be optimal.
    He's pretty viable even on attack. Even on payload maps. Most people see Torb and just tunnel away from the turret and Torb and let him have free reign on them. Seen it in too many matches =/

Deleted
    So e.g it seems taking bastion then emidiatly being countered by genji then switching to junk with a pharah out isn't banable just stupid unless ur fantastic at junk w/e

But if I was to always play bastion every game never switching no matter what that's toxic and banable

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    Read up aparantly you can, counts as toxic play
    That's if your dicking about, if he's trying and it shows no you can't be

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    That's if your dicking about, if he's trying and it shows no you can't be
    Read lahis post ffs

In case you can't be bothered lahis posted a shot of the account action taken against then for always playing widow. Playing the same char and never switching is aparantly seen by blizz as toxic.

Something I agree with as blizz stated in there message to lahis it's a team game. It's nice to see them rooting out the cause of players being tilted instead of just playing wakamole with tilted players who have snapped and express it in chat
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2017-10-05 at 11:59 AM.

Torb is one of the few chars that is essentially useless for attack unless you build your team around protecting his turret but then in that case everything a Torb does a bastion would do better for payload sitting.

It's a but like widow. You may like her but unless your a fantastic widow with 70-80% accuracy and getting picks nearly every shot being on a char that isn't optimal for pushing onto an objective your making it harder for your team.

You have 5 other team mates who want to win and are counting on each outher to play to win in comp by being a selfish player your at best making the game harder and at worst throwing the game for 5 other real people.

I notice this alot especially with kids, a very selfish mentality to team games "it's my free time it's my game blah blah" sorry but that wouldent wash at your local a mature football club so it won't wash in any team game. Play for your team not your self
    I like how the characters you personally don't like are expected to way out perform anyone else in the group just because you don't like them or have the opinion that are not good. You could say you cant play any tanks then cos reaper counters all tanks so if they have a reaper you would have to play a pure dps and support team then?

Is it not selfish of you to demand players to pick what you like or prefer who is the captain of the ship? Its good to know I cant get banned for playing torb even if everyone else in the team doesn't want me to

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    He's pretty viable even on attack. Even on payload maps. Most people see Torb and just tunnel away from the turret and Torb and let him have free reign on them. Seen it in too many matches =/
    I haven't played in a while so I just worked from the assumption that because of having to constantly relocate the turret that it would be sub-optimal to play him on attack but I suppose that is something a skilled player can work with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    I like how the characters you personally don't like are expected to way out perform anyone else in the group just because you don't like them or have the opinion that are not good. You could say you cant play any tanks then cos reaper counters all tanks so if they have a reaper you would have to play a pure dps and support team then?

Is it not selfish of you to demand players to pick what you like or prefer who is the captain of the ship? Its good to know I cant get banned for playing torb even if everyone else in the team doesn't want me to
    You can read lahis post. Also I'm not demanding you play anything I'm not says u must play junk or you must play pharah you will find people are saying don't play torb because he's poor on attack and your making the game harder for the 5 others that have to be grouped with you and yes that is a selfish very selfish toxic thing to do so no wonder you get called shit for it and as lahis shows possibly get a ban

Also there are no chricture I don't like each char has a niche they excellent at I don't expect any one to out perform the group it's nice if they do but what I do expect is that they can preform at the same level of the group that's not a big ask.

And 1 reaper dosent counter every tank. As road hog counters reaper and 2 that's why u have communication in a team if the enemy picks reaper to screw your rhine but you still need that rhine for your team then some one should switch to a reaper counter to cover your rhine. That dosent work for torb as you don't need a Torb especially on attack you do need a tank though. I'd do the same to cover a mercy

Stop using your bias to read between my lines and put words in my mouth just to defend your selfish attitude, poor play and poor team work. Grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

But w/e I don't need to convince you to play better as lahis post shows you keep playing that way and you won't be bothering any one eventually

- - - Updated - - -

As lahis post shows you have a 12hr silence ahead of you, failure to correct you behaviour will net you a 24hr then 48 then 72hr silence. Continually failing to change your behaviour after action has been taken against your about will net you a ban starting at 12hr then 24 e.t.c till it's permanent. I know that process intimately from my days camping lowbies in vanilla wow. By the 48hr ban I got the message luckily
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2017-10-05 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Sure, they can report you. They probably have. The flip side is that unless you are blatantly trolling your team, such as repeatedly jumping over the edge or placing your turret at the door of your spawn point over and over and shooting into the sky, nothing will come of it.
    playing torjb in attack isn't trolling? even bastion can work 'better', also still trolling
    and how exactly u playing torb in attack ? putting new turret every 0.5 sec of moving ? put it on top of payload ? or u were trying to compete on a point ?
    depend on map, torb for attack can be seriously trolling
    I don't how u can just blame torb tho for your losses
    what ability/tool in his kit exactly helps u attack a point ? this is like picking symmetra for 'healing'
    if he is on def i can understand but on attack wtf can he do ? wait for rein shield to build a turret, upgrade it, then after they move for 0.5 sec build new turret ? can u fit a torb in attack in Voskaya for example (in defense he can be pita but attack ?)
    Hanzo has reputation that most ppl who play him suck, but hanzo can actually fit in attack or defense, torb however doesn't even have the option to work in assault on fixed point, he can't, his toolkit doesn't help him at all
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    I don't mean to sound rude or mean, but you sound like a young gamer. You have to realize people are going to say some pretty horrible stuff over the internet - you gotta just brush it off.
    no, you don't. report them. get that gross hit outta gaming

10+ Year Old Account
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had some pretty good attack torbs on my team. More good than bad actually
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Post settled

Yes you can be banned for it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You can report player for poor teamwork and category for report clearly says

While reporting player for abusive chat is:

and abusive chat is NOT:

So, in short, you can try to be helpful but if players dont listen - they dont listen. For op, abusive chat is way to go.
    See lahis and the one percent's post,
    If he picked torb then switch when it obviously didn't work, should be around about the 10 second mark out of the gate then that isn't an offence if he took torb and only played torb and refused to switch to fit his teams composition and aims then you get banned simple. This got shown ages ago.

I've met fluffy in game seasons ago he only plays torb and nothing else and has been getting shit for it obviously. His Sr must be rock bottom by now

You can read lahis post. Also I'm not demanding you play anything I'm not says u must play junk or you must play pharah you will find people are saying don't play torb because he's poor on attack and your making the game harder for the 5 others that have to be grouped with you and yes that is a selfish very selfish toxic thing to do so no wonder you get called shit for it and as lahis shows possibly get a ban

Also there are no chricture I don't like each char has a niche they excellent at I don't expect any one to out perform the group it's nice if they do but what I do expect is that they can preform at the same level of the group that's not a big ask.

And 1 reaper dosent counter every tank. As road hog counters reaper and 2 that's why u have communication in a team if the enemy picks reaper to screw your rhine but you still need that rhine for your team then some one should switch to a reaper counter to cover your rhine. That dosent work for torb as you don't need a Torb especially on attack you do need a tank though. I'd do the same to cover a mercy

Stop using your bias to read between my lines and put words in my mouth just to defend your selfish attitude, poor play and poor team work. Grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

But w/e I don't need to convince you to play better as lahis post shows you keep playing that way and you won't be bothering any one eventually

- - - Updated - - -

As lahis post shows you have a 12hr silence ahead of you, failure to correct you behaviour will net you a 24hr then 48 then 72hr silence. Continually failing to change your behaviour after action has been taken against your about will net you a ban starting at 12hr then 24 e.t.c till it's permanent. I know that process intimately from my days camping lowbies in vanilla wow. By the 48hr ban I got the message luckily
    Is torb not good on attack even if I get 3 golds and I'm on fire? Here is how I like to play torb I put my turret behind them on point maps and then shoot with my other gun from the front works a charm a lot as I can fire from all angles leaving tanks totally confused. I use my turret as a decoy a lot of the time as dps tend to want to focus my turret which distracts them from me and the rest of the team i provide armor from my team also going forward. torb attack plays even better on payload maps as one turret on payload with an orisa is hard to counter my turret never misses and hits flying mercy and pharah a lot of times its good for when the ever popular genji ults and he is not focusing on my turret. I always play the objective so i cant be throwing just cos pple say i am.

If road hog misses his hook its easy for reaper to take him down.

You say you don't need a torb on attack but you haven't demonstrated why you just stated it as a fact. You said its poor teamwork to play torb in attack but i don't think you know what poor team work means in the rules stated by the overwatch team let me help you

Poor Team Work is not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion. How does torb in attack apply to that rule if I'm putting my turret overlooking the point or shooting them on the payload? on the other hand

Poor Teamwork is not " Playing a hero that is not considered optimal by the community or staying silent in voice chat"

So by that rule i can turn voice chat off as i don't have to communicate and play what ever character i desire weather you agree or disagree with my pick or not

I hope that makes things clearer. I have played torb on attack for 32 hours this season and have not received one penalty or silencing so maybe i should take comfort in that fact

- - - Updated - - -

See lahis and the one percent's post,
    If he picked torb then switch when it obviously didn't work, should be around about the 10 second mark out of the gate then that isn't an offence if he took torb and only played torb and refused to switch to fit his teams composition and aims then you get banned simple. This got shown ages ago.

I've met fluffy in game seasons ago he only plays torb and nothing else and has been getting shit for it obviously. His Sr must be rock bottom by now
    Oh really i play nothing else?, so are you saying in competitive i have zero hours on every other character apart from torb? Do you want me to screenshot my account and send it to you or would you like to retract and save yourself from looking silly

Who decides what fits for the team composition as i said earlier which you failed to answer who is the captain of the ship that decides who plays what?

Also what does my SR have to do with is torb not being allowed on attack or are just trying desperately hard to have a dig

Deleted
    Is torb not good on attack even if I get 3 golds and I'm on fire? Here is how I like to play torb I put my turret behind them on point maps and then shoot with my other gun from the front works a charm a lot as I can fire from all angles leaving tanks totally confused. I use my turret as a decoy a lot of the time as dps tend to want to focus my turret which distracts them from me and the rest of the team i provide armor from my team also going forward. torb attack plays even better on payload maps as one turret on payload with an orisa is hard to counter my turret never misses and hits flying mercy and pharah a lot of times its good for when the ever popular genji ults and he is not focusing on my turret. I always play the objective so i cant be throwing just cos pple say i am.

You say you don't need a torb on attack but you haven't demonstrated why you just stated it as a fact. You said its poor teamwork to play torb in attack but i don't think you know what poor team work means in the rules stated by the overwatch team let me help you

Poor Team Work is not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion. How does torb in attack apply to that rule if I'm putting my turret overlooking the point or shooting them on the payload? on the other hand

Poor Teamwork is not " Playing a hero that is not considered optimal by the community or staying silent in voice chat"

So by that rule i can turn voice chat off as i don't have to communicate and play what ever character i desire weather you agree or disagree with my pick or not

I hope that makes things clearer. I have played torb on attack for 32 hours this season and have not received one penalty or silencing so maybe i should take comfort in that fact
    Read lahis and the one percent's post ur ban is coming soon as you rack up them reports.

This feels like trying to explain to a 5yr old why plug sockets ain't for fingers.

You can play attack torb with as much imagination as you want but the simple fact is there's nothing torb can do on attack that outher heros can't do better that's why no one takes him on attack and why people get pissy when you take him. You are occupying the spot of a better hero for that situation and not having synergy with your team. Gold medals don't mean shit without context I once got a eliminate, dmg and healing gold on mercy dosent mean I'm good at mercy. Just means the rest of your team is getting shafted. Probly by something you could have counted if you had switched.

But it dosent matter you have 2 examples now of people being band for it so feel free to keep doing it ur nit my Sr bracket so I won't have to deal with your trolling

- - - Updated - - -

Oh really i play nothing else?, so are you saying in competitive i have zero hours on every other character apart from torb? Do you want me to screenshot my account and send it to you or would you like to retract and save yourself from looking silly

Who decides what fits for the team composition as i said earlier which you failed to answer who is the captain of the ship that decides who plays what?

Also what does my SR have to do with is torb not being allowed on attack or are just trying desperately hard to have a dig
    When enough people report you for sticking to Torb and not communicating, you'll get first silenced and then banned for toxic behavior. We have linked the proof here.

Deleted
    And if you can't see that you have no place in competitive

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    aww trying to play multiplayer like a single player game didn't work out for them, good, if you want to avoid ever talking to people or having to communicate, play only single player games and don't leave your house.

Deleted
    Also if played the game properly with cons you would know that befor the match you talk to each outher to decide what each of you will play. Usually goes somethibg like.

2-2-2
    Nah take a mercy and go 3 dps to push first point quick
    Will that work?
    Yea but switch to heal if it dosent
    K I'll take mercy
    I'll take junk
    I'll take orissa
    Road hog would be better
    OK k I'll do hog
    Wait blah blah has 80hrs of hog play
    OK he goes hog ill do pharah

Yadda Yadda that's how shit gets picked

Then mid game u get hay bastion they have a genji
    OK I'll switch to macaree for bit

That's how you win overwatch games!

- - - Updated - - -

Your the guy that instantly locks torb. Wants half of prep with people trying to get you to switch the rest of prep being insulted as the remaining 5 players try to think how are we gonna win 5v6 then you Probly turn comes off wondering why so many people are mean to you when you're being a selfish sob