Thread: Attack Torb :/

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    some guy told me to suck his dick and said my mum is a fat whore these are not nice things can I report him for this ?
    i have a very strong hunch your trolling OP , and I wont lie - i near died laughing at this quoute - if not trolling ,yes - that is plenty fine reason to report the guy LOL

Deleted
    If you play Torb and camp the payload, you're instantly more useful than 75% of the people I've seen playing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    i have 60% win rate tho I win more than I lose, I see it as their bad decision not to let me play my best character strange. How is it a stupid and bad decision?
    Because he is a poorly tuned character. He is completly useless on attack and on defense, any half-decent player can even take out his turrets very easily.

You must have been very lucky, maybe boosted or play at really low rating. The best Torbjörn in the world is not even remotely as useful as a half-decent Soldier or Tracer or Reaper or any proper dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Because he is a poorly tuned character. He is completly useless on attack and on defense, any half-decent player can even take out his turrets very easily.

You must have been very lucky, maybe boosted or play at really low rating. The best Torbjörn in the world is not even remotely as useful as a half-decent Soldier or Tracer or Reaper or any proper dps.
    haha I will take as a compliment no I haven't been boosted thanks

poorly tuned huh? or maybe you just suck at him ?

Torb is far more than just his turret.

He himself can actually do a surprising amount of damage with his alt fire, and he can provide a decent amount of armor to his entire team. You know that Tracer/Genji whos been harassing your backline? Yeah, now they're even more durable while back there, and you have a turret moving towards you on the payload to worry about.

Yeah, he might not see much play at the highest ranks because strats like that don't work as effectively. But it's not just at 'really low ratings' that there's little to no communication, and it's situations like that where Symmetra and Torb can dominate, because no one bothers to call out where the turret is.

Where is the rule book?
    Don't play Torb or Mei on attack. Probably not on def either.

Symmetra is a DPS, not a support. Again, def only.

Don't play DPS if your team is short tanks or supports (ie always). Aim for 2/2/2 most of the time, and Mercy is mandatory. Probably Rein too on defence (you could maybe substitute Orisa). You also want one DPS to be a hitscan like Soldier or McCree if they have a Pharah. Provided they can hit the broad side of a barn...

Don't play Hanzo, Widow or Sombra ever.

I think those are the golden rules of Competitive, at least below Diamond or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account

Ever played mini-sentry engineer in TF2? That's basically Torb. His power lies not only in his turret, but also in ridiculous amount of damage he can out out, armour packs and zone control against Tracer/Genji with aimbot turret

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think those are the golden rules of Competitive, at least below Diamond or whatever.
    That's not exactly true, especially below Diamond, when players "aim for 2/2/2 most of the time" either pick characters they don't feel comfortable to play, or try to fill with characters they are comfortable to play, you have wide array of options, and sometimes Torb on attack is actually a right call (you know, when enemy doesn't pick shield tank or rely on mid range hitscan poke, you'll be surprised how Torb can punch S74 down in his own bio field on mid range).
    Dunno about Mei, she has great ultimate and is able to separate enemies for easy picks, the problem is Winston and somewhat unreliable damage from her alt fire.
    Hanzo and Widow are good picks if you have good aim, don't understand hate against them.
    Sombra - yeah, without voice coms it's really hard to play on Sombra team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't how u can just blame torb tho for your losses there are too many variables to blame it on one player for the whole game it all sounds silly to me. How do you decide in your mind who is "intentionally throwing" how do you come to that conclusion you cant see there screen and there plays. pple who say this to me I think just want to scape goat some1 for the reason as to why they lost.
    Don't listen to the naysayer morons who think that Torb is a bad pick for offense.

For pushing a payload, Torb is an excellent pick, especially if played well with a good tank.

I played offense Torb on a hold map like, Hanamora and we took both points just fine. I set up my turrets and got opportune picks and then set up a turret on the point and kept ppl off as we swept by and took the point. It really serves as a good destraction because for some reason, people naturally just want to kill your turret and they stop focusing on other players and often get killed because they are too tunnel vision on your turret to see that they are getting blown up by a phara or roadhog.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's not exactly true, especially below Diamond, when players "aim for 2/2/2 most of the time" either pick characters they don't feel comfortable to play, or try to fill with characters they are comfortable to play, you have wide array of options, and sometimes Torb on attack is actually a right call (you know, when enemy doesn't pick shield tank or rely on mid range hitscan poke, you'll be surprised how Torb can punch S74 down in his own bio field on mid range).
    Dunno about Mei, she has great ultimate and is able to separate enemies for easy picks, the problem is Winston and somewhat unreliable damage from her alt fire.
    Hanzo and Widow are good picks if you have good aim, don't understand hate against them.
    Sombra - yeah, without voice coms it's really hard to play on Sombra team.
    When you take into account poor communication and teamwork in these brackets, unusual strategies like attack Torb are a recipe for disaster. Playing outside 2/2/2 does work, sure, but these players are not used to making non-standard lineups work and will fuck it up 9 times out of 10 even if it was a good idea.

Anyone playing Hanzo/Widow below Diamond is probably a terrible shot, likely a troll picker or if you're lucky a downranked smurf who's good but will probably throw the game purely on their ego anyway.

Plus, if they were a decent shot they'd contribute a lot more on Soldier, McCree etc - they can even actually contest the goddamn objective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha I will take as a compliment no I haven't been boosted thanks

poorly tuned huh? or maybe you just suck at him ?
    I never play him, as he does not belong in competitive. You simply can't possibly match the damage of a tracer, genji or soldier. The ultimate is really weak and he has poor mobility considering his turret.

I any scenario, he is a worse choice than any Offense hero, it's that simple.

Sorry butevery character piloted by someone good at them is always a good decision.

Some characters arent Optimal, however things like the role suggestion is for those new players who are learning the game.

Even hanzo and widow can be good on attack...they just need players that are good at not getting sniped, killed and have good aim. A good widow can drop 2 or 3 ppl instantly turning a fight. Similarly mei and junkrat are great for attacking the enemy with little risk to themselves. And tor and symmetra are good for holding points long enough to take and keep them.

That said this is a game where you are meant to switch characters based on the situation. If the situation is your team would feel better if you played someone else then refusing to do so is bad sportsmanship and in a team game that equates to toxic behavior. You should try to get decent with one character in each role....because thats how this game is made.

THAT SAID, even if teammates dont listen to tour suggestions that is NEVER an excuse to flame them. Assuming you are an amoral rat boy and dont understand this ppl should at least avoid it to prevent tilting their fellow players and realizing the basic reality that insulting ppl doesnt make them play better.

And anyone who makes excuses and say ppl deserve it are just as toxic amoral ppl and should be ignored and consider playing 1 player games.

Gee its almost like both sides can be in the wrong, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

I never play him, as he does not belong in competitive. You simply can't possibly match the damage of a tracer, genji or soldier. The ultimate is really weak and he has poor mobility considering his turret.

I any scenario, he is a worse choice than any Offense hero, it's that simple.
    Id hope after korea kicked americas butt using 'joke picks" we'd not have to hear this drivel again.

Its all based on your skill
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    Is playing torb in attack a reportable offence I'm really scared COs 6 pple reported for me for playing him and I don't want to get banned also if I refuse to switch will I get banned. Also does blizzard voice record games because some guy told me to suck his dick and said my mum is a fat whore these are not nice things can I report him for this ? I feel like I'm being constantly abused and this upsets me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3E21PGgLj8

Time to report every single sym player I see and every person in GM who refuses to swap off their picks when they're doing poorly and have a 40% win rate with the pick they're using. I expect Blizzard to 100% ban these people from comp as well now. DICKS OUT FOR FUEY.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Time to report every single sym player I see and every person in GM who refuses to swap off their picks when they're doing poorly and have a 40% win rate with the pick they're using. I expect Blizzard to 100% ban these people from comp as well now. DICKS OUT FOR FUEY.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...page=5#post-93

It's not as simple as you're making it sound.

In fact, one of the people who were ban was proven to be quite toxic themselves at times it seems (Going as far as refusing to play if someone locked Torb on them).

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...page=5#post-93

It's not as simple as you're making it sound.

In fact, one of the people who were ban was proven to be quite toxic themselves at times it seems (Going as far as refusing to play if someone locked Torb on them).
    There's a fair amount of people(dumbshits) who are going around with misleading reddit topics, one containing a Torbjorn player named "Xul" was was in fact toxic and threw games when he wasn't able to pick him. (Dafran didn't look much better). He was banned (suspended) for throwing and toxic gameplay, not OTPing.

And there is another Torbjorn player, (Fuey500) who doesn't seem to have a shred of toxicity in him, who climbed to top 500 Grandmasters as Torb with a smattering of Reinhardt playtime, and, compared to the rest of Overwatch community, a paragon of good virtue. He got banned because the competitive community is honestly on a level worse than any MOBA, got an automated ban, which was manually reviewed and upheld. THAT is definitely a ban on OTPing.

And quite frankly, it's bullshit. He got to where he is in the top 500 grandmaster using an off-meta hero, when you can be 76 or Zarya and have an infinitely easier time climbing.

Blizzard is killing themselves trying to have their cake and eat it too.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play what you want. Tell people that try to tell you how you should be playing to get fucked. Pretty simple really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    There's a fair amount of people(dumbshits) who are going around with misleading reddit topics, one containing a Torbjorn player named "Xul" was was in fact toxic and threw games when he wasn't able to pick him. (Dafran didn't look much better). He was banned (suspended) for throwing and toxic gameplay, not OTPing.
    Funnily enough many of the people that caused him to be Toxic were Toxic themselves. If someone tells you they are playing a certain Champ because they are a one Trick. Purposefully choosing that champ the following Round just to "see what they would do if they couldn't play their one-trick" Makes you just as much of an asshole.

15+ Year Old Account
    Switching to suit your team comp is part of the game's core design. If you refuse to switch when you're being countered and people report you for it, you're kind of bringing it on yourself.

Expecting the five people on your team to play around your pick instead of finding a way to work with the five people on your team is like, pretty much the definition of selfish behavior. If you want to one trick non-meta heroes in comp, get a dedicated team that's on board with your strategy. Don't force it upon strangers.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Switching to suit your team comp is part of the game's core design. If you refuse to switch when you're being countered and people report you for it, you're kind of bringing it on yourself..
    Yes, better to swap to a Character you are horrible at and make your team take a definite loss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    And quite frankly, it's bullshit. He got to where he is in the top 500 grandmaster using an off-meta hero, when you can be 76 or Zarya and have an infinitely easier time climbing.
    People who make the competitive experience "infinitely" more difficult for the strangers they get grouped with shouldn't be rewarded for persisting with that strategy, IMO.

If it were only affecting his experience I wouldn't care, but one player's enjoyment doesn't outweigh the enjoyment of the five other people on their team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Yes, better to swap to a Character you are horrible at and make your team take a definite loss.
    So take a break from comp and learn a different hero, or play with a dedicated team of people who support your pick. Don't force that burden on five strangers because you want to have things your way.

IMO if you can only play one hero at a competent level in a game built around switching between multiple heroes, you maybe shouldn't be playing comp with randos.

Honestly, if he's good at Torb, he should play Torb. It may not be ideal, but it's stupid to expect him to switch to a character he may be much worse at just because it fits the meta. Until you get to high masters, where you're expected to be able to play many meta heroes very well, it's better to play something you're very good at.

I'd rather have a legit good Torb main that consitantly lands head shots with left click and has good turret placement then an average Soldier or McCree.
    Last edited by Amerrol; 2017-11-12 at 05:14 AM.