Thread: Attack Torb :/

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post

Poor teamwork is not: Playing a hero that isn't considered optimal by the community or staying silent in voice chat.

I mean what cant you understand about this?

"If they're getting countered and not switching, meta or not, you should report them just as much as off-meta heroes."

And what will you report them for what rule have they violated?
    In a game like Overwatch, this is exactly what poor teamwork is. Blizzard refuses to own up to creating a match environment that requires carefully chosen classes. People don't want to play those specific character so do whatever they want. I'm going to (or used to) report them. I care less about off-meta but if someone picks attack Torb and is ineffectual as them, asking them to switch isn't unreasonable. And if they refuse to switch, reporting them isn't unreasonable.

There is 1 very easy fix for this, have the report system block that player. If I'm reporting someone for poor sportsmanship or bad teamwork, I don't want to play with them anymore... period... they shouldn't show up in my games ever after that point. But that's not how the system works.

At the end of the day this is Blizz's fault, they created the game, created the atmosphere in which to succeed in the game, but refuse to enforce the way the game is designed to be played. Imagine being banned because someone queued as healer in WoW, but played DPS, and you reported them. Is the excuse they threw up a heal every 20 seconds matter? But that's off-meta though right, healing as a shadow priest.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    At the end of the day this is Blizz's fault, they created the game, created the atmosphere in which to succeed in the game, but refuse to enforce the way the game is designed to be played. Imagine being banned because someone queued as healer in WoW, but played DPS, and you reported them. Is the excuse they threw up a heal every 20 seconds matter? But that's off-meta though right, healing as a shadow priest.
    Just for clarity, these are temporary 24 hour bans they give. You might have known, but just to make sure since the comparison to WoW.

In WoW's case, if you vote kick the person, they can end up with the deserter debuff at least. Can't do that with OW and vote kick from your team.

Although, WoW is extremely lenient with this type of situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Just for clarity, these are temporary 24 hour bans they give. You might have known, but just to make sure since the comparison to WoW.

In WoW's case, if you vote kick the person, they can end up with the deserter debuff at least. Can't do that with OW and vote kick from your team.

Although, WoW is extremely lenient with this type of situation.
    As far as I know, these bans are the sort that are first 1day, then 2days then 4days, ect.

I don't play much myself anymore, but I watch lots of overwatch stuff (blizz did make a game that is interesting to watch). From my outside perspective Overwatch seems to be eating itself alive. Trolls and toxicity. Matchmaking system that breeds trolls and toxicity. This recent banning thing that restricts the game. Unbalanced heroes, some are played always, some are basically never. Ect.

In a game like Overwatch, this is exactly what poor teamwork is. Blizzard refuses to own up to creating a match environment that requires carefully chosen classes. People don't want to play those specific character so do whatever they want. I'm going to (or used to) report them. I care less about off-meta but if someone picks attack Torb and is ineffectual as them, asking them to switch isn't unreasonable. And if they refuse to switch, reporting them isn't unreasonable.

There is 1 very easy fix for this, have the report system block that player. If I'm reporting someone for poor sportsmanship or bad teamwork, I don't want to play with them anymore... period... they shouldn't show up in my games ever after that point. But that's not how the system works.

nope your wrong your adding your own interpretation as to what poor teamwork is your doing exactly what all the previous posters are doing and making up your own rules as to what poor team work is

Listed above in bold is exactly what blizzard classes as not poor teamwork its stated right there but you ignore it because you dont like it i guess it doesn't suit your thinking

You have to accept the rules for what they are if you dont like them i recommend not playing the game its quite simple really

nope your wrong your adding your own interpretation as to what poor teamwork is your doing exactly what all the previous posters are doing and making up your own rules as to what poor team work is

Listed above in bold is exactly what blizzard classes as not poor teamwork its stated right there but you ignore it because you dont like it i guess it doesn't suit your thinking

You have to accept the rules for what they are if you dont like them i recommend not playing the game its quite simple really
    No, you're wrong, if everyone is saying that it's Blizz's and yours opinion of team work that's screwed up than guess what... You're screwed up.

Blizz created a game with clear positions, and clear checks and balances for character picking. A player comes along and decides they want to torb main, and they are doing very poorly and they are feeding the other team. That's bad team work. You can report someone for griefing, you can report someone for feeding, so if someone refuses to change their character choice even though they are (intentionally or unintentionally) doing both of those, you can report them, they are a bad team mate.

No, you're wrong, if everyone is saying that it's Blizz's and yours opinion of team work that's screwed up than guess what... You're screwed up.

Blizz created a game with clear positions, and clear checks and balances for character picking. A player comes along and decides they want to torb main, and they are doing very poorly and they are feeding the other team. That's bad team work. You can report someone for griefing, you can report someone for feeding, so if someone refuses to change their character choice even though they are (intentionally or unintentionally) doing both of those, you can report them, they are a bad team mate.
    I'm sorry what are these clear checks and balances you speak of for character picking where does it tell me what to pick and when?

"No, you're wrong, if everyone is saying that it's Blizz's and yours opinion of team work that's screwed up than guess what... You're screwed up."

I think you will find you have committed the common logical fallacy argumentum ad populum which is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition is true because many or most people believe it.

"so if someone refuses to change their character choice even though they are (intentionally or unintentionally) doing both of those, you can report them"

If some one is playing poorly no you can not report then for griefing. This is blizzards own words on griefing

Griefing is actively harassing or disrupting your own team through the use of game mechanics or player actions this includes placing a teleporter exit at a cliff edge or intentionally allowing your self to be eliminated by the enemy team, ie feeding

Griefing is NOT simply making a mistake or playing poorly

Are you really saying if someone is unintentionally feeding the enemy team they deserve to be banned?

Can i ask you a question? Who do you think creates the rules of this game is it the community who play the game or the developers that create the game?
    Last edited by Fluffyfluff; 2017-11-19 at 01:18 AM.

Nope i play by the rules of the game set by the overwatch team. You obviously haven't read them or are not intelligent enough to understand them.
    Are you 14?

But sure, continue to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "lalalalala I'm not listening". People will report you for refusing to swap to a viable comp though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Where in the game are we told you cant/should not pick torb? I mean, I know he is not the right choice often. I dont play him often, I mostly tank or heal.

But in no shape or form does the game tell you what hero to pick for a map and why. Neither does it say you get punished if you pick your favorite hero(torbjorn in this case)
    As I said, that's not how it works. If you pick a hero who doesn't work with the team's comp and map your teammates can rightfully report you for poor teamwork, which is a crucial element of the game.

The game doesn't tell you you can't play Widowmaker when your team doesn't have a support either. But that'll get you reported too. And for good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydrane View Post
    There is reason off-meta heroes are off-meta, though. Most of the Offense roster is meta because (as the description says) they are versatile heroes that can be used in almost any situation. If they're getting countered and not switching, meta or not, you should report them just as much as off-meta heroes.
    Which is kind of a nice way to say that the game's balance is a total mess and that meta vs off-meta heroes exist because meta ones are just better in the vast majority of possible circumstances, and the Defense category means close to nothing because everyone plays the same comp regardless of where they end up.

I still think nobody should ever be reported for their hero choice. If their choice ends up being bad, they will lose and tank their rating. They take their teammates with them? Sure, welcome to the joys of a team game with solo queue, enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always interested in exactly what ranks people are complaining about "meta vs off-meta."

If you're playing in platinum or lower "meta vs off-meta" doesn't matter worth one lick.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Are you 14?

But sure, continue to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "lalalalala I'm not listening". People will report you for refusing to swap to a viable comp though.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said, that's not how it works. If you pick a hero who doesn't work with the team's comp and map your teammates can rightfully report you for poor teamwork, which is a crucial element of the game.

The game doesn't tell you you can't play Widowmaker when your team doesn't have a support either. But that'll get you reported too. And for good reason.
    Taken from blizzards official rules on what poor team work is

Poor Teamwork is:

Not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion. (i.e. this team is horrible)

Poor Teamwork is NOT:

Playing that is not considered optimal by the community or staying silent in voice chat

Now i have told you what the rules are for poor teamwork. Tell me where it says i have to pick a hero based on my teams comp ( which is totally subjective btw ) or i will be banned

"But sure, continue to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "lalalalala I'm not listening". People will report you for refusing to swap to a viable comp though"

People can report as much as they like for all sorts of reasons whether they are legitimate or not is another thing isn't it, as i have pointed out many times in this thread pple dont read the reporting rules of the game.
    Last edited by Fluffyfluff; 2017-11-19 at 11:47 AM.

Are you 14?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, I understand that and I know how it works. I pick heroes after what the team needs. But it does not tell that in any shape or form in game.

Yeah, maybe people should just know this, but apparently alot of people dont know or refuse to care.

But how can blizzard know if its a player who just enjoys a hero SO MUCH but dont know its against the rules and a griefer?

Get reported and banned. People with brains will not want to play with you. I don`t care how good you are (pretty sure you`re terrible, hell how good can you be if you use an auto attack auto aim hero??!!), Torb has way too limitations to play, you just put the turret, and click in hopes you can get a headshot, that`s it. Obviously insults are not warranted, it`s still a game, i`ll give you that. But it`s a team game. If you want to only play torb and fuck up your team, go training, or play with bots, or play some "engineer simulator" game or whatev. You payed for the game, and can play how you like? Guess what, 5 other people also did and want to play without being hindered by people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    Get reported and banned. People with brains will not want to play with you. I don`t care how good you are (pretty sure you`re terrible, hell how good can you be if you use an auto attack auto aim hero??!!), Torb has way too limitations to play, you just put the turret, and click in hopes you can get a headshot, that`s it. Obviously insults are not warranted, it`s still a game, i`ll give you that. But it`s a team game. If you want to only play torb and fuck up your team, go training, or play with bots, or play some "engineer simulator" game or whatev. You payed for the game, and can play how you like? Guess what, 5 other people also did and want to play without being hindered by people like you.
    U sound incredibly salty and frustrated that the report system isn't working out how you would like to be. I understand it must be annoying having someone play a hero u dont consider to be optimal but there is nothing you can do about it so might as well just man up and accept it. Also how does it matter if I'm good or not its completely irrelevant to the question whether picking torb will get u banned. How is picking a mcree any different to picking torb if ure just running around clicking trying to get headshots, or pharah flying around pressing left click that's it. bonus for torb tho as i have an auto aim turret and armor packs for "the team".

If i want to only play torb yes this is my choice the same choice your given. I could quite easily say I'm playing torb and ask can i get a shield tank to help defend my turret please they say no, i can then report them all for poor teamwork right? because they are not trying to play as a team. Swings both ways doesn't it

Is playing torb instantly fucking the team up for you? what about on defence maps is torb still considered a troll pick for you and worthy of a ban?

If you really want to rank up consistently why dont you make some friends and create your own team if your pugging competitive you have no right to complain as your playing with randoms every game so its a coin flip weather or not you get the team u want

Peace

If you think torb is a pray and spray you are either purposely trying to paint him as a no skill character or you have no clue how to play the game. The people who master his aim drop off are aiming and they are very good at it. It isn't hard to figure out how to be a highly accurate Torb gun shooter at range. Are there torbs who spray and pray? Yes, because they don't have the skill to figure out how to aim if the bullet doesn't hit the recticle. Don't confuse lack of skill with a character that doesn't need to aim. Winston doesn't need to aim, but that doesn't mean that there is no skill to playing winston. The best winstons know when to get in, where to get in and when to get out. They can beat a reaper in close combat by correctly fading into and out of their bubbles until they burn the reaper down.

Frankly deeming characters based on what requires skill is missing the entire point of the game, skill isn't determined by putting a recticle over a head and pulling the trigger. There are many different ways in this game to show skill. You need to open your eyes to the bigger picture that isn't reinforced by self-involved ego. The people who scream loudest about skill and trying to find ways to insult peoples skills based on zero knowledge of their skill sets tend to be the actual people without skill just crying for attention.

If you can't figure out that recticle aim on a character is not required for that character to be the best at what they are designed to do then you should trundle back to CS games.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-19 at 10:10 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

U sound incredibly salty and frustrated that the report system isn't working out how you would like to be. I understand it must be annoying having someone play a hero u dont consider to be optimal but there is nothing you can do about it so might as well just man up and accept it. Also how does it matter if I'm good or not its completely irrelevant to the question whether picking torb will get u banned. How is picking a mcree any different to picking torb if ure just running around clicking trying to get headshots, or pharah flying around pressing left click that's it. bonus for torb tho as i have an auto aim turret and armor packs for "the team".

If i want to only play torb yes this is my choice the same choice your given. I could quite easily say I'm playing torb and ask can i get a shield tank to help defend my turret please they say no, i can then report them all for poor teamwork right? because they are not trying to play as a team. Swings both ways doesn't it

Is playing torb instantly fucking the team up for you? what about on defence maps is torb still considered a troll pick for you and worthy of a ban?

If you really want to rank up consistently why dont you make some friends and create your own team if your pugging competitive you have no right to complain as your playing with randoms every game so its a coin flip weather or not you get the team u want

Peace
    Name of tthis post is "attack torb" so we all assume is attack torb is what you`re playing. Your choice is to play torb, mine is to report you, at least on ranked. QP go whatever the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Sure, I understand that and I know how it works. I pick heroes after what the team needs. But it does not tell that in any shape or form in game.

Yeah, maybe people should just know this, but apparently alot of people dont know or refuse to care.

But how can blizzard know if its a player who just enjoys a hero SO MUCH but dont know its against the rules and a griefer?
    It's a fair objection, but when you go into competitive there are expectations of you as a player; that you have mastered the fundamentals of the game. Some of these things are not a formal part of the game, no - ie the game doesn't explicitly tell you. Comp is one of several examples.

People can report as much as they like for all sorts of reasons whether they are legitimate or not is another thing isn't it, as i have pointed out many times in this thread pple dont read the reporting rules of the game.
    Torb one tricks are getting bans right now, so I wouldn't be so confident that these reports are not legitimate if I were you.

The subtlety you're missing is that while playing a "sub standard hero" is not "Poor Teamwork", that says nothing about refusing to swap at all, refusing to fill, creating poor comps etc.

It's a fair objection, but when you go into competitive there are expectations of you as a player; that you have mastered the fundamentals of the game. Some of these things are not a formal part of the game, no - ie the game doesn't explicitly tell you. Comp is one of several examples.

Torb one tricks are getting bans right now, so I wouldn't be so confident that these reports are not legitimate if I were you.

The subtlety you're missing is that while playing a "sub standard hero" is not "Poor Teamwork", that says nothing about refusing to swap at all, refusing to fill, creating poor comps etc.
    Played all multiple seasons 90% torb still no ban I'm pretty confident, a gm hasn't even given me a warning ive literally heard nothing for months.

Refusing to swap, fill, creating poor comps is not a legitimate report show me in the rules where you think it does

- - - Updated - - -

Name of tthis post is "attack torb" so we all assume is attack torb is what you`re playing. Your choice is to play torb, mine is to report you, at least on ranked. QP go whatever the fuck.
    You can choose to report whoever you want but if there not legitimate you are wasting your time and it will go against you if spam reports against a player that hasn't broken the rules.

Refusing to swap, fill, creating poor comps is not a legitimate report show me in the rules where you think it does
    You can argue this until you're blue in the face, but comp and picks are a part of teamwork. If you aren't getting reports then you've simply been lucky.

Played all multiple seasons 90% torb still no ban I'm pretty confident, a gm hasn't even given me a warning ive literally heard nothing for months.

- - - Updated - - -

You can choose to report whoever you want but if there not legitimate you are wasting your time and it will go against you if spam reports against a player that hasn't broken the rules.
    Mormolyce said it for me, picking a good attack or defense hero that works with your team is a core part of the game. If you refuse to swap a hero, specially if that hero is attack Torb, I`ll block you (in hopes that I will never have to play with you again) and report you (to spare other players from you). I`m not saying you should play the hero I want, but you have 20 other heroes to choose that surely will work better than Torb. Again, this is strictly Competitive. In QP, go nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another guy/girl who hasn't read or understood the reporting rules and making up stats to suit your idea is openly dishonest
    actually i have read it, and what i said still stands, you cant change facts