Thread: Hugs

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hugs

When was the last time you had a hug?

I do not mean sexually.

I mean just a hug a real hug not a half hearted hug a real hug. The kind of hug that made you feel better?

When was the last time you hugged someone you love. I mean that one person that makes life worth living and means a lot to you?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 or so Weeks ago. One of my Friends enjoys hugging me and she was around for the Weekend. Feelsgoodman.

I met someone I've been fighting with on the internet. I expected a fight but got a hug instead.
    hit & run posting lol

Can't recall. Probably over a decade ago.

This morning when I woke up.

10+ Year Old Account
    6 days ago with a colleague. After 5 years we finally feel comfortable hugging when meeting after work
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    I'm Finnish. What are hugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Is it really that different in finland? The finns I know here don't mind hugging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Come to russland i'll share you some communist hugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Maybe last Friday. Felt a bit more like a half hug. Didn't make be feel better. Previous to that, I know who it was with but not sure when it was, I know it was within the past two weeks. Was decent but short. A bunch of half hugs from a few. My hugs seem to be spurty, but I definitely feel my empathy levels drop severely with lack of hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night was Mid Autumn Festival, traditionally one of the romantic holidays, and we had a good night of it. That meant my day started with extra hugs.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    > When was the last time you had a hug?
    Mother's Day probably.

> When was the last time you hugged someone you love. I mean that one person that makes life worth living and means a lot to you?
    I would never pin myself down and rely on someone else to make my life worth living. So.. /shrug

7+ Year Old Account
    among my friends hugging is a standard way to greet each other and to say goodbye. so i get a minimum of 10 every week :P

and i love all those cunts, so i would say the last time i hugged someone i love was last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

When was the last time you hugged someone you love. I mean that one person that makes life worth living and means a lot to you?
    This morning before I went to work.

Yesterday. Hug friends all the time.

Deleted
    From a human? A while, like a year or so probably?

From my dog? Constantly. She's the best.

Yesterday, when I collected my father from the Airport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CyferMax View Post
    From a human? A while, like a year or so probably?

From my dog? Constantly. She's the best.
    I thought they said dogs don't like hugs.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Is it really that different in finland? The finns I know here don't mind hugging.
    Hugging is a thing in my family atleast, for both men and women. Might be different in some other families.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hugging is a human action to express emotion. We understand why we hug. Dogs do not. To them, it's just a constrictive action and is disliked by majority of dogs.

The hug you give your dog at home - to them - is the same "hug" I would give them at the Vet's office to restrain them.
    Think you guys are reading in to this too much. I have no misgivings that my dog actually gets anything out of our hugs or that she loves me in a way humans could understand, but as a learned behaviour she gives hugs and receives them with no problems. If i'm laying on my bed, she will come and lay on me, front legs either side, that's a hug. No force, no tricks. When I get home from work, she's there at the door, I kneel down and her arms go on my shoulders and her head laying on a shoulder. That's a hug. Tail going crazy the whole time.

She doesn't need to understand it any more than she understands why she needs to bring back the ball so I can throw it again, it's just another learned behaviour.