Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah why making your block / friends list bigger, when you can make tons of useless shit to your app. Otherwise... Why put your games on steam which is supperior app, when you can make your own app and don't give a fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Ha ha ha, honestly though im all for it... But this appear offline just seems passive aggressive lol. But then again back in AIM days, we would often make ourselves 'invisible' so people wont see us online.
    I find it great so many are attacking the offline feature and praising discord... do you all not realize "Invisible" is an option in discord? It is actually called Invisible too. Except if you've connected to things like steam or bnet it doesn't work as it says "Offline" but playing World of Warcraft lol

Here's an idea to make people more connected in Blizzard games.

Free transfers.

Thank the fucking based black baby jesus. I've been praying for offline mode forever.

What's the point of having offline mode if friends and guildmates can see you anyway? Being offline is supposed to be an option for those who want to login during the day without being noticed. Maybe because they're not in the mood, because they're in a hurry or any other personal reason. Who cares if "everyone else" can't see you... nobody ever cared about me outside guildmates and friends so they will still don't care. There is no logical reason to be "offline" for unknown players...

They've actually done it, the absolute madmen.

Apart from Warlords of Draenor, this appear offline function is the biggest mistake in the company's history.
    Let's make a function where you can appear offline, so that you can become a loner! Already a sick amount of low pop realms out there, and while people may theoreticaly still will be online, I predict this will backfire some how.
    If you don't want to socialize in an MMORPG then, you are playing the wrong game.

I'm on EU and I have no beta tab or appear offline option. Everbodys talking like its available for them but I can't find anything

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I find it great so many are attacking the offline feature and praising discord... do you all not realize "Invisible" is an option in discord? It is actually called Invisible too. Except if you've connected to things like steam or bnet it doesn't work as it says "Offline" but playing World of Warcraft lol
    you can disable discord reporting what game you are playing under games in user settings

Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    I'm on EU and I have no beta tab or appear offline option. Everbodys talking like its available for them but I can't find anything
    you have to enable the beta under battle net settings as its not in the stable release version yet. but its only appear offline for us in the eu right now

They can still see you joining/queuing in the "Quick Join" menu...

Quote Originally Posted by phriah View Post
    you can disable discord reporting what game you are playing under games in user settings

you have to enable the beta under battle net settings as its not in the stable release version yet. but its only appear offline for us in the eu right now
    Didn't know that, cool! But it doesn't change the fact that everyone is praising discord and shitting on the battle.net having offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulicious View Post
    Guildmates and players who added your toon to their friends list will always see you. WoW players asked for a true "invisible" mode for years and Blizzard gave them a tool that will make them invisible to... unknown people only (who never cared about you anyway). On the other side the invisible mode works as intended for Overwatch, HOTS, Heartstone... Everything except WoW.
    Last edited by MrLoque; 2017-10-06 at 11:19 AM.

Well I tested it with a realID friend who can't see me online while we are both in WoW on both different realms and guilds and can see me in quick join.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    What's the point of having offline mode if friends and guildmates can see you anyway? Being offline is supposed to be an option for those who want to login during the day without being noticed. Maybe because they're not in the mood, because they're in a hurry or any other personal reason. Who cares if "everyone else" can't see you... nobody ever cared about me outside guildmates and friends so they will still don't care. There is no logical reason to be "offline" for unknown players...
    So you can actually play WoW without people bothering you to join them in OW/D3/SC2/HS/HotS/D2?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Affenkatzen18 View Post
    Apart from Warlords of Draenor, this appear offline function is the biggest mistake in the company's history.
    Let's make a function where you can appear offline, so that you can become a loner! Already a sick amount of low pop realms out there, and while people may theoreticaly still will be online, I predict this will backfire some how.
    If you don't want to socialize in an MMORPG then, you are playing the wrong game.
    Battle.net is not about WoW only anymore.

If someone doesn't want to play WoW (or any other blizzard/activision games) at that time and instead play another one of said games, they can play without having to answer every single whisper asking them to leave their current game to join them on the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulicious View Post
    Yes, but then you're playing WoW in that specific character. People playing OW/D3/HotS/HS/D2 (or guilds from other characters in WoW) won't be bothering you if you don't want it.

It's so simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Guildmates and players who added your toon to their friends list will always see you. WoW players asked for a true "invisible" mode for years and Blizzard gave them a tool that will make them invisible to... unknown people only (who never cared about you anyway). On the other side the invisible mode works as intended for Overwatch, HOTS, Heartstone... Everything except WoW.
    It's actually working as intended for all games.

It's about Battle.net plataform, not WoW only. People from your Diablo 3 clan will see you online in Diablo 3, will see you receiving legendaries and achievements, all that.

Talking about WoW only, unlike D3, your account is not linked to a guild, so you can have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... as many guilds as you want (and have characters for it), so you don't exactly stay online for every single guild you're part of anyway.

But for the plataform where this really is planned for, battle.net, is working as intended.

Deleted
    well if you need to be invisible to realID people you have other serious problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    But then again back in AIM days, we would often make ourselves 'invisible' so people wont see us online.
    but thats wasnt a MMO....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megitsune View Post
    Agreed, but I have a feeling since they actually took the step to implement it into b.net, they'll eventually fully implement it into WoW too.
    It is implemented in wow. there will never be any other way than it is right now in wow because for example you cant be in a guild, online in that guild and NOT apear on that roster.... and I doubt after 14 years of spagethi code they can rewrite that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    So you can actually play WoW without people bothering you to join them in OW/D3/SC2/HS/HotS/D2?
    Just talk to them and tell them you wanna play wow now? after all you put them on your FRIENDS list....

I welcome this feature. "Appear as offline" doesnt' affect the player count. Just means you can come online without some people immediately knowing (i.e friends who you cba chatting with atm).

Now I agree that Blizzard games added on steam = win for everyone.

Blizzard this day and age, can't even make a friggin offline mode. Steam have it, discord have it, what's so fucking hard?

When I played Diablo, I refused to accept friend invites, just to stop saying no to everyone, 70% of the time. If I had offline mode, I could say yes close to 100% of the time. If you know anything about social interactions, you know the latter is a win. Nobody likes being told "no I don't want to play with you" so often.

Deleted
    That is handled by the WoW Client, this update was about the Desktop App. Different team is handling that one, I'm afraid.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people here that have no clue that Bnet-Friendlist/Chat and WoW ingame Friendlist/Chat are 2 separate things and the Bnet-Stuff only got added to the already existing WoW Social stuff.
    Everyone was crying they want to appear offline in the Freaking BNET and its functionialities..and that is exactly what they got. MMOC at its best again.

Deleted
    Guys guys mengsk, decard cain and fawkes teased for hots!!!??? Who knows...