Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How much can you bench press?

A few years back, I could bench 250-275 lbs (113-127 kg) as my max out, now its closer to 180 lbs (81 kg).... I gotta get back in weight lifting shape

7+ Year Old Account
    Last time I tried it was 50 kg, my friend laughed at me and said I was doing it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Barely nothing, because my left shoulder is fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Can bench 80kg for reps. Too scared to push for a 1 rep max because muh shoulders.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I benched 30 lbs once. The strain almost caused me to poop myself.

But seriously though, weight lifting is a useless "sport". If you want to get into shape, do something that is actually useful like learning martial arts.

Lifting 180 lbs won't actually do anything useful for you in the real world other than get more friends to ask you to help them move.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-10-05 at 10:33 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

can put up 175 2 or 3 times but i only weigh 135

Deleted
    thats not interesting

About 500 lbs for reps while only weighing 120 lbs can't match my gainz lol.

But seriously, I rarely ever max out because of risk on injury. But I barely reached 220lbs about a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

But seriously though, weight lifting is a useless "sport". If you want to get into shape, do something that is actually useful like learning martial arts.

Lifting 180 lbs won't actually do anything useful for you in the real world other than get more friends to ask you to help them move.
    If you have a sedentary job and lifestyle you're pretty much fucked later in life if you don't take the time to strengthen imbalances. That's my main reason for doing it. + Looking a bit better and feeling confident is never a negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

All of it.

But really I think my max is around 180 lbs. But I'm kinda unsure about the whole rules around what counts. I only count it myself if I can do my 10 reps. Could probably do a bit higher if I was only doing 1, and was one of those guys who only lower the bar halfway.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2017-10-05 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    14 months ago it was 150 kg, haven't touched weights since. I would be lucky to bench 100 kg now.

I'd say 310+ for reps, but that's with a hoist machine so it only goes to 310, and they are notoriously poor at exact calculations to convert the work weight through the pully mechanism. It's probably closer to 280 or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    If you have a sedentary job and lifestyle you're pretty much fucked later in life if you don't take the time to strengthen imbalances. That's my main reason for doing it. + Looking a bit better and feeling confident is never a negative.
    I definitely get that, but my point is why bother just lifting weights and getting stronger, when you can get stronger while also learning a useful skill like martial arts for self defense?

Joining say a BJJ gym would both help you get physically stronger while also teaching you how to take down people several times your weight class should the situations ever be needed.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I definitely get that, but my point is why bother just lifting weights and getting stronger, when you can get stronger while also learning a useful skill like martial arts for self defense?

Joining say a BJJ gym would both help you get physically stronger while also teaching you how to take down people several times your weight class should the situations ever be needed.
    Martial arts are useless for self defense.

Seems like people that do a lot of cardio tend to live longer than powerlifters. Lifting weights is pointless, if you want to be healthy just run around the neighborhood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Martial arts are useless for self defense.
    Bulk up and fight Conor McGregor and show me how much that weight advantage helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    A few years back, I could bench 250-275 lbs (113-127 kg) as my max out, now its closer to 180 lbs (81 kg).... I gotta get back in weight lifting shape
    Back in my prime, I could get 320lbs, but I played football and lived in the weight room. FF to now with a wife and 3 kids, and I max at 225lbs, however honestly most of the time I just do extra reps with 135lbs, because I dont want to kill my self.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Bulk up and fight Conor McGregor and show me how much that weight advantage helps you.
    What? In self defense situations you aren't fighting in a ring with rules. I've never said weight advantage helps either. I said martial arts are useless for self defense. Martial arts are good for fighting or sparring against people following the same rules.

Right shoulder prevent me from benching as much as i could :/ Have to stop at like 75-80 lbs

10+ Year Old Account

You nearly pooped form the strain of benching the bar + 10lbs?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^Hes right you know.

Making sure to avoid weight-lifting injuries aside you are essentially strengthening your bones that will help later on in life. This is doubly important for female women especially Caucasian females as they tend to have lower bone density to begin with genetically. Add to this that the chances of someone weight-lifting is also probably doing cardio as well then you are pretty much investing in your future health.

I myself just stick around 90 lb and I'm happy with lean muscle.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)