Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

what the hell is this gogogo stuff?

Almost every pug hosted by a south american server has "gogogo" in the title. What does that mean? Is it a spanish thing or what?

Are they from Ragnaros? I swear I have had nothing but bad experience with players from Ragnaros. They either think they're the best players in the world, or they simply spam "GO GO GO GO GO GO", "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" when you're trying to give the healer time to start drinking some water.

This 'gogogo''s only purpose is to make people feel this dungeon will be quick and easy. Nothing more.

It's like back when ToS was released on week 2 and you could read "9/9MM LEADER 915++++ ONLY"-meme for Normal runs (read : boost my friend's alt pls.).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Get it man. Get on the stick. GO!!!!

Go go go go go go!

Check my sig btw. Doing a high key in NL, and the dwarf warrior tank was just like this GO GO GO!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateDonut View Post
    Are they from Ragnaros? I swear I have had nothing but bad experience with players from Ragnaros. They either think they're the best players in the world, or they simply spam "GO GO GO GO GO GO", "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" when you're trying to give the healer time to start drinking some water.
    ive had similar experiences with that server tbh.
    *stands in the swirly axe on the first hov boss.* 'omg heal me'.

the whole community knows too. i saw a group in the finder the other day that had its tooltip as 'those from ragnaros need not apply'

what is this strange phenomenon...

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Go-go is a popular music subgenre associated with funk that originated in the Washington, D.C., area during the mid-60s to late-70s. It remains primarily popular in the Washington metropolitan area as a uniquely regional music style. A great number of bands contributed to the early evolution of the genre, but the Young Senators, Black Heat, and singer-guitarist Chuck Brown & the Soul Searchers are credited with having developed most of the hallmarks of the style.[1]

Inspired by artists such as the groups mentioned above, go-go is a blend of funk, rhythm and blues, and old school hip-hop, with a focus on lo-fi percussion instruments and funk-style jamming in place of dance tracks, although some sampling is used. As such, it is primarily a dance hall music with an emphasis on live audience call and response. Go-go rhythms are also incorporated into street percussion.

In technical terms, "Go-go's essential beat is characterized by a syncopated, dotted rhythm that consists of a series of quarter- and eighth notes (quarter, eighth, quarter, (space/held briefly), quarter, eighth, quarter) which is underscored prominently by the bass drum and snare drum, and the hi-hat... [and] is ornamented by the other percussion instruments, especially by the conga drums, rototoms, and hand-held cowbells."[2]

Unique to go-go is an instrumentation with 3 standard Congas and 2 "Junior Congas", 8" and 9" wide and about half as tall as the standard Congas, a size rare outside of go-go. They were introduced to Rare Essence by Tyrone "Jungle Boogie" Williams in the early days when they couldn't afford full sized Congas, and are ubiquitous ever since.[3] A swing rhythm is often implied (if not explicitly stated).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go-go

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Go go go go go go!

Check my sig btw. Doing a high key in NL, and the dwarf warrior tank was just like this GO GO GO!
    Hey! I resemble that remark. Sometimes.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    "gogogo" is mating call of primitive species known as "scrubs". When you hear it, run for your life.

Those species don't have their own form, they take form of normal player. But do not fear, they can often be detected by having accented letters like àáôïß (last one is read as "ss", but for some reason they think its "b") in their character name and they might use CAPS or excessive exclamation symbols. Their IQ is lower than IQ of murloc. Things like moving out of fire or soaking meteors is too complex and you should not expect them to follow tactics.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2017-10-10 at 07:47 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when i was pvping heavily back in WoD and whenever i would see a group from Ragnaros (its a Brazilian server i think) i would just sigh and leave. Those people were the most perpetually useless mother fuckers imaginable. We're talking waaay beyond stereotypes here. Its like the whole server only logs in to just irritate everyone else.

OT: Gogogo = fast run?
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-10-11 at 12:54 PM.

This is feeling like a reincarnation of that "is it possible for every player on a server to suck" thread that had a significant amount of "Ragnaros" responses.

*both tanks just leave in a raid pug*
    Putamadre-Ragnaros: gogogogo

It seems pretty obvious they want a fast group, most people do.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    *both tanks just leave in a raid pug*
    Putamadre-Ragnaros: gogogogo
    XFD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It seems pretty obvious they want a fast group, most people do.
    The irony is that the majority of these groups are downright terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahyestwo View Post
    XFD!!!

Because they don't know terrible. Reality's terrible is their everyday normal group, when they join with ANY other servers everything is suddenly smoother and faster. There's no downgrading from Ragnaros and Azralon, the true rock bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I remember when i was pvping heavily back in WoD and whenever i would see a group from Ragnaros (its a Brazilian server i think) i would just sigh and leave. Those people were the most perpetually useless mother fuckers imaginable. We're talking waaay beyond stereotypes here. Its like the whole server only logs in to just irritate everyone else.

OT: Gogogo = fast run?
    Its not, these are Br servers.
    Azralon
    Nemesis
    Goldrinn
    Gallywix
    Tol Barad

Never understood why people think Ragnaros is a Br server.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahyestwo View Post
    XFD!!!

They often are. That is almost always the case for any group with over used terms in it. Almost all of the big dick dps, x/x mythic carry or whatever other nonsense people are spewing at the time are shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they don't know terrible. Reality's terrible is their everyday normal group, when they join with ANY other servers everything is suddenly smoother and faster. There's no downgrading from Ragnaros and Azralon, the true rock bottom.
    It is amazing to get in groups with 930 to 940 people and they can't navigate or survive trash in anything above a 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They often are. That is almost always the case for any group with over used terms in it. Almost all of the big dick dps, x/x mythic carry or whatever other nonsense people are spewing at the time are shit.

- - - Updated - - -

It is amazing to get in groups with 930 to 940 people and they can't navigate or survive trash in anything above a 6.
    Running DHT with them means reaching 220% trash completion, they just get everything like a rep run, it's insane. And it's not like tab targeting mistakes, it's all body pull, they literally have no physical space consciousness, they do not know how proximity work. I wouldn't even let any of them drive a car, it sounds like the most dangerous thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateDonut View Post
    I swear Ragnaros players are the worst players in the game by far. Surpassing Sargeras players, and that's saying something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gogo stuff like this?

Running DHT with them means reaching 220% trash completion, they just get everything like a rep run, it's insane. And it's not like tab targeting mistakes, it's all body pull, they literally have no physical space consciousness, they do not know how proximity work. I wouldn't even let any of them drive a car, it sounds like the most dangerous thing ever.
    With all the crazy ways people walk directly into stationary mobs I do wonder how dozens of WoW players aren't hit by cars daily as they cross roads.