Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There should simply be no rez out side of ult. The fact she nulify any kind of picks from the other team means she will forever be mandatory and overpowered. It makes the sniper even worse then before, already enough counters like winston painting his screen running around, the game didnt need anti pick heroes as well.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-10-15 at 05:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    There should simply be no rez out side of ult. The fact she nulify any kind of picks from the other team means she will forever be mandatory and overpowered. It makes the sniper even worse then before, already enough counters like winston painting his screen running around, the game didnt need anti pick heroes as well.
    Neither should wallhacks and aimbots be in a FPS, but it's what we have and have to deal with it. I learned to deal with them, it's not going away. But the ressing right now is not fun (And as someone else said, in a good going game, she resses more people than before and seeing a 30% res counter on a good Mercy is not rare sight now). Add on top of that Mercy is the easiest hero to play right now but it has the biggest reward for little to no effort. I'll take less resses total over anything else, but I sure miss the slingshot Mercy, I enjoyed playing Mercy that way. The amount of GM Mercy mains I see is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Neither should wallhacks and aimbots be in a FPS, but it's what we have and have to deal with it. I learned to deal with them, it's not going away. But the ressing right now is not fun (And as someone else said, in a good going game, she resses more people than before and seeing a 30% res counter on a good Mercy is not rare sight now). Add on top of that Mercy is the easiest hero to play right now but it has the biggest reward for little to no effort. I'll take less resses total over anything else, but I sure miss the slingshot Mercy, I enjoyed playing Mercy that way. The amount of GM Mercy mains I see is absurd.
    The aimbot and wallhacks you are refering to is exactly my point. Things that break the game should be ultimate only. Mercy is breaking any kind of gameplay all game, not during her ult, infact her ult would be fine, if she wasent so strong outside of it. Winston painting his screen to counter all the snipers again is not an ultimate, its just ultra low skill garbage, but thats another story that i can mostly deal with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    The aimbot and wallhacks you are refering to is exactly my point. Things that break the game should be ultimate only. Mercy is breaking any kind of gameplay all game, not during her ult, infact her ult would be fine, if she wasent so strong outside of it. Winston painting his screen to counter all the snipers again is not an ultimate, its just ultra low skill garbage, but thats another story that i can mostly deal with.
    Well I agree on that. The hide and seek Mercy wasn't fun either though... And Blizzard tried to take that away (And I agree with that reasoning). But it's only worse now. We'll have to be patient and see how this plays out.

Obligatory post calling Overwatch a bad game in general who the fuck cares about it.

Anyways, on a more serious note: This is only natural that they don't know what to do with Mercy. She was a badly made and overpowered hero to begin with and now that Blizzard has introduced that her core concept is "she brings people back to life" (something that never should have been in the game because it's impossible to balance, as you can all see with how Blizzard is constantly failing to do something with it that works) they're stuck with it. They've dug themselves into a hole and anything short of just abandoning her resurrection concept wholesale and doing something else really isn't going to fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Obligatory post calling Overwatch a bad game in general who the fuck cares about it.

Anyways, on a more serious note: This is only natural that they don't know what to do with Mercy. She was a badly made and overpowered hero to begin with and now that Blizzard has introduced that her core concept is "she brings people back to life" (something that never should have been in the game because it's impossible to balance, as you can all see with how Blizzard is constantly failing to do something with it that works) they're stuck with it. They've dug themselves into a hole and anything short of just abandoning her resurrection concept wholesale and doing something else really isn't going to fix the problem.
    Overpowered? Even when she could mass res, she wasn't actually overpowered, she was just "annoying to play against". She wasn't even used seriously until they nerfed the hell out of Ana.

It's another "let's change it because reasons other than balance, then wonder why we can't fucking balance it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Overpowered? Even when she could mass res, she wasn't actually overpowered, she was just "annoying to play against". She wasn't even used seriously until they nerfed the hell out of Ana.

It's another "let's change it because reasons other than balance, then wonder why we can't fucking balance it."
    Can't disagree with this. Mercy before her rework was not meta, not on the verge of meta, had a high pick rate due to being the only main healer who was not equal to playing with one arm tied behind your back, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    They definitely need to do something about Mercy because she shouldn't be considered "mandatory" by the competitive community to have a successful win rate, otherwise the class is broken (which it is). I thought one way to nerf her kindly would be to nerf the CD to something like 40 seconds or 45 seconds. I think 30 seconds is too fast on the res, and maybe nerf the healing / damage during Valkyrie, as well as nerf the res timer during valkyrie to 15 seconds or 20 seconds, but extend it to like a 45 - 60 second buff.

Have to agree. Mercy rez was annoying when it happened at crucial moments (say, last point on King's Row and she hides behind the wall and rezzes 4 people) but not much more annoying than the more bullshit ults that are in game and balanced. Now rezzing on the fly is much more obnoxious as it allows her to deny picks, and Valkyrie is obviously overpowered as fuck currently. No wonder she's an auto-include now that a good Mercy with a cautious team can instantly revive a good third of her team's deaths.

She was the most played support next to Lucio in high level mmr and tournaments specifically because of her ultimate. It was a good failsafe against half your team dying to a Reinhardt ult.

Of course Ana came out and was ridiculously and gamebreakingly overpowered, so Mercy saw less play. Like I said, the game is fucking awful.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    She was the most played support next to Lucio in high level mmr and tournaments specifically because of her ultimate. It was a good failsafe against half your team dying to a Reinhardt ult.

Of course Ana came out and was ridiculously and gamebreakingly overpowered, so Mercy saw less play. Like I said, the game is fucking awful.
    I wouldn't say the game is awful, I'd just say that Kaplan is running around in circles trying to appease the E-Sports crew while attempting to maintain the "it's a casual game" mantra and he's finally beginning to trip and fumble in his own web.

But fuck it, yeah it's awful, it's a lot easier.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    This clusterfuck has made a mess of the entiriety of Season 6, so badly Pro tournaments aren't even using the patch. It looks like we're rolling into S7 no nearer a resolution.

And what for? Changes called for that simply weren't necessary, for a hero that was actually fairly well balanced, if annoying to play against; an issue better resolved by providing alternatives and variety to prevent the repetition and stagnation of the problem to prevent it becoming too ingrained.

They need to just revert her at this point.

So I was wiping away my tears, finally seeing some hope that Mercy might be getting some mobility back, testing out the new stuff at the training dummy. And omg, I found myself flying STRAIGHT UP TO THE BALCONY ONE STORY HIGHER. I was standing right next to the dummy on the same level, pretty close to it too, no obstacles or uneven ground between us, and BOOM I fly straight up. I think I tilted my camera a bit to the right or something juust at the right moment.

Good changes.. I hope this is noobproof enough so people don't complain about it anymore but idk man, it seems even easier now to momentum glide than before.

Now if I could only figure out exactly how to fly straight up consistently..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    So I was wiping away my tears, finally seeing some hope that Mercy might be getting some mobility back, testing out the new stuff at the training dummy. And omg, I found myself flying STRAIGHT UP TO THE BALCONY ONE STORY HIGHER. I was standing right next to the dummy on the same level, pretty close to it too, no obstacles or uneven ground between us, and BOOM I fly straight up. I think I tilted my camera a bit to the right or something juust at the right moment.

Good changes.. I hope this is noobproof enough so people don't complain about it anymore but idk man, it seems even easier now to momentum glide than before.

Now if I could only figure out exactly how to fly straight up consistently..
    Yeah, this "nerf" feels more like a buff to me. Her number of resses during her ult were never a big deal, she either didn't live long enough to use them all, or her AoE healing/Damage Boost kept people topped or shortened the fight enough to not even need them. The mobility change is amazing, and the charges on res is a huge QOL improvement. After probably my worst game on her a couple of days ago gaining about 18SR, I just had easily my best ever and gained 33. Madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    This clusterfuck has made a mess of the entiriety of Season 6, so badly Pro tournaments aren't even using the patch. It looks like we're rolling into S7 no nearer a resolution.
    Blizzard has never stated that they would hold balance patches until the end of a season. If you're expecting the season to be patch-free, you're expecting something that Blizzard has never promised, and never gave you any reason to expect.

Seasons aren't tournaments.

And what for? Changes called for that simply weren't necessary, for a hero that was actually fairly well balanced, if annoying to play against; an issue better resolved by providing alternatives and variety to prevent the repetition and stagnation of the problem to prevent it becoming too ingrained.
    The issues were never about balance, they were about gameplay dynamics that felt "bad". You can't "provide alternatives" to that. Mercy running away to get a 5-man rez was not good design, and fixing that WITHOUT nerfing Mercy has been the goal of this whole rework.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Blizzard has never stated that they would hold balance patches until the end of a season. If you're expecting the season to be patch-free, you're expecting something that Blizzard has never promised, and never gave you any reason to expect.

Seasons aren't tournaments.

The issues were never about balance, they were about gameplay dynamics that felt "bad". You can't "provide alternatives" to that. Mercy running away to get a 5-man rez was not good design, and fixing that WITHOUT nerfing Mercy has been the goal of this whole rework.
    They usually do the changes at the start of the season, and things settle out across the middle. That hasn't been allowed to happen this season. They made a bunch of changes to Junkrat, Widow, Doomfist, then followed that up with major reworks to Mercy and DVa, and followed that again with yet more changes to Mercy, Lucio and across the board changes to ults. Every other week has been significantly patched, which is unprecedented.

I know they weren't about balance, I said exactly that. You can provide alternatives when part of the trouble with those 'bad' things is that they happen all the time; which is a function of only having 3 viable healers. Upwards of 70% of matches you will be facing the prospect of a hunt-the-Mercy hide and seek game; that gets tedious, and that's a major part of the problem. She's had mass res since Beta; and it wasn't a problem until they gave her invulnerability which encouraged hide and seek, because it guaranteed survival and greatly improved success having a team ressed with a healer than without, previously it was often too much of a gamble and tempo-ressing was generally favoured (and still was at higher levels).