10+ Year Old Account

Cloudburst Totem Proper Usage

Hi Shaman Friends,

Does anyone have any experience healing using the Cloudburst Totem? I have tried incorporating this talent into my healing playstyle, but I never seem to find the "right" way to use this talent.

When I set the totem down, i try to spam all my big heals on the group, and when the totem expires, it always seems like im just overhealing with the cloudburst.

Any help / tips on using this correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Hi Shaman Friends,

Does anyone have any experience healing using the Cloudburst Totem? I have tried incorporating this talent into my healing playstyle, but I never seem to find the "right" way to use this talent.

When I set the totem down, i try to spam all my big heals on the group, and when the totem expires, it always seems like im just overhealing with the cloudburst.

it works best in 2 different healing situations. The first is heavy/moderate and continous damage. Instead of using big heals you use normal efficient ones and use the totem as extra efficiency. The second is in back to back/long damage burst situations. outside that it's a tech talent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    it works best in 2 different healing situations. The first is heavy/moderate and continous damage. Instead of using big heals you use normal efficient ones and use the totem as extra efficiency. The second is in back to back/long damage burst situations. outside that it's a tech talent
    Do most raiding resto shamans use this talent and use it the way you describe?

CBT can be feed with many sources of healing, like leggo legs or Gift of the queen. I avoid using Gift of the queen if my CBT is not up

In case of heavy damage i drop Healing Rain, then CBT then gift then Chain Heal/healing Surge and feed it as much as i can. You can find a nice breakdown and some strategies in this guide by ChainHeal

https://chainheal.com/resto-shaman-g...rst-totem-cbt/

There is a Weak Aura that can show you how much healing you got stored in your CBT really useful. https://wago.io/rJNNpWocb

Hope you find it useful.

i dont know what lvl of play you are at. but i literally watch timers on bosses and drop it about 13 seconds before raid wide damage is coming out. on dungs etc, its not as big a deal, just try to time your beat. you can always pop it a few seconds early without losing too much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Hi Shaman Friends,

I had some problems geting used to the CBT at first when I started raiding in ToS normal - heroic.

It got easier the more I played with it and during raiding- I just had to remember what abilities does wide spread dmg.
    So basiclly learn the fights , watch timers and try to predict when to drop it so you get the maximum of heals out when the raid needs it.
    No use to have it burst out when everyones at full health.
    And save CD's for the CBT.

So when I raid, the other healers know I mainly take it easy during "quiet" phases, and knowing I will put out everything when the raid needs it.

So learn the boss fights, know when to drop CBT before raid dmg, and know what CD's to feed into the CBT.

Good luck pal

Deleted
    Treat it as 3 stage learning process:
    1) Use it on CD and don't pay attention to it's burst
    2) Still drop it on CD, but play around with exploding it early if it aligns with a situation where people aren't topped (but will be very soon)
    3) Incorporate dropping it not on CD, but aligning it to specific periods where it's needed.

I am not sure if you were still looking for advice for CBT usage, but you have gotten good advice for the most part.
    Just to run down some quick points:
    1. Always use CBT in raid situation, there are very unique situations that you really will not run into unless your raid needs you for some reason to take something else.
    2. Always have healing rain up during CBT or cast it right before. This will passively feed in CBT which adds up
    3. Try to line up your artifact weapon ability in the CBT, this will cause a huge increase in healing done from totem.
    *4*. This one is most important, LEARN WHEN TO USE CBT. This means you need to know when bosses cast their abilities and when to use it to heal your raid.
    5.Depending on which leogs you use, the legs do feed into the CBT so try and stay still during that time.
    6.You need to try to include your AG in CBT. This will cause your CBT to reach new heights.
    P.S.: Do not be afraid to trigger the CBT early if the raid is very low and needs the heals now or if the raid is almost back to top and you don't want to waste the totem.