Poll: What nerf would you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbleton View Post

be used to design really interesting 360 zone content.

Yes, we saw this in legion. And WoD previously. Artificial mazes that make simple zone exploration unnecessarily complicated maze run. One-and-only-proper path to your destination, starting half the zone away from you (with a maze in between) when you are 12 ft from your objective, unable to reach it because that rock that is exactly a pixel taller than your jump range. One-and-only-proper paths with fatal gaps that are (in contrast) just a pixel shorter than your jump range - either you make a perfect jump or you fall down just to be forced to run all the way once again just to fall once more.

The problem is, in its current state, flying is too powerful to be anything but a weird version of
    noclip that feels like cheating.
    Meh... Don't like it? Don't use it. Simple. No one forces you to fly. World is full of people who want dictate others things they think are the best. Don't be one of them.

To sum up:
    - I can agree on no-flying till max level
    - above is provided I'm not being treated by developers like a complete idiot (let me play at my pace, stop artificially making things last longer)
    - I can agree flying being behind-the-achievement
    - above is provided it's not another one 5-minute quest per week while called "an epic adventure" with RNG and mindless exalted rep farm with one 100 rep quest daily.
    - achievement is account bound. Been there, seen things. Doing it 11 more times for all of my alts isn't fun. i already have a job.

What I would like is more danger in the air, like mobs that actually got a chance of catching up with you and give you a beating. Heck, even make them daze me.

That way it is faster to travel by air, but I run into the same problems as on ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

One zone with flying right from start + one in some later patch. Errr. Leveling would be terrible then. Can I change my mind? Of course I want flying at release and of course this thread is stupid, but mount progression system would be nice too.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I find that, when I get flying, I tend to get bored of content and stop playing very soon after - in WoW or any other game. That's personal experience, I speak for no one but myself. But, games with gliders I find endlessly entertaining. The whole minigame of finding the best takeoff areas, figuring how much air time you can squeeze out without crashing and dying, trying to 'cheat' the game by going from peak to peak - it adds a dimension to gameplay that I personally find much more satisfying than flight.

Meh, I'll just take gliding on flying mounts if used in non-flying areas.

I don't mind that some areas have no flying, but the sudden drop when you forget is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Feel the air with pre-nerf Skettis kaliri! Let's see how much people will like flying then!
    Oh yes, I think that is the main problem I have with flying - it just renders all mobs totally useless, there are no danger in the world because you simply fly over it all. Whats the fun in that?

Add mobs that shot harpons at us (but dodgeable), dragging us down to the ground, flying guards who are actually as painful as ground units, and a daze effect just as on ground mounts making us dismount and fall down in a parachute/glider.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    With all honesty, to my mind, flying should be in the start of every zone or whatever from the get-go.

However, with one small caveat. As would be realistic, the area is infested with enemies, making flying practically impossible. Let's take Legion. We should be allowed to fly from the start, but trying to do so would mean you get shot down by cannons, or attacked by lots of bats or whatever happens to be the enemy. How do we get rid of these? By undertaking a campaign against their anti-air defences. Might take 3-4 months to destroy sufficient amounts (maybe a progress bar or something for the server) for flying to be deemed *safe* in that area, but it would allow an interesting mix. Those that want to fly but take the risk of dying/being attacked/shot down, or those that want to wait. Would also allow extra variants such as carrier mounts or even integrate flying based combat. Who knows?
    Just a thought, but would add something more than just "Oh, yeh, you can fly now! Yay."
    Ogri-la had that in a minor setting, it was dangerous to fly there, especially with terrible connections.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

Flying is already slower than flight paths, dont need to nerf it more just stop designing shitty worlds.
    I would have quit early legion if it wasn't for all the toys/items that gave us pseudo-flying until we unlocked the real thing.

Fuck walking around some shitty mountain to spend 20 seconds doing a WQ then walk to another place (because everything between is dead space unless you happen to have herb/mining or sometimes skinning).

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point with all the demanding I hope they make a subterranean expansion.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    At this point with all the demanding I hope they make a subterranean expansion.
    I liked flying around Deepholm. Especially when the huge raid dragon was up above the temple and for gathering heartblossom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    I liked flying around Deepholm. Especially when the huge raid dragon was up above the temple and for gathering heartblossom.
    Think more AQ40... No flying and only mounting on special mounts for the underground zone.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd like things to stay mostly as they are (flying unlocked acc-wide by achievements in X.2 or so), with several improvements:
    Caves: flying enabled in those large enough to support mounts (like we saw in Neltharion's vault)
    Flight paths: ability to dismount anywhere (and use parachute to glide down), this could lead to players sharing tips on how to reach places this way.
    As part of the unlock (X.1 step), give limited ability to glide on flying mounts in no-fly zones
    Get rid of daze already, or at least limit it to elites.
    Flight master's whistle expanded to every single zone.
    Legion-like "zoom on flight map" expanded to every single zone.
    Non-combat interactions (like picking trained troops in order hall) doable while mounted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if flying would be like doing Dalaran emissary quests i would be fine with it. But as long as it allows you to travel basically immortal in Z axis it only takes away from gameplay in favor of convenience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    To OP:

If you had experienced flying at 60% even for 10 min of your game time you wouldnt be posting stuff like this. Unfortunately for some of us who only had this option for a while flying was a travesty. Its max flying or forget about flying the in between zone is very bad.
    That was only the case when you tried to travel at 60% in a straight line. Traveling at 60% vertically to reach a cliff was fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Feel the air with pre-nerf Skettis kaliri! Let's see how much people will like flying then!
    Agree, we should have more danger in sky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have a better one: What if we make the next expansion totally flat so people dont have so many stupid reasons to argue about.
    Flying virtually makes all zones flat, we already had that, it's boring. Flying supposed to take you to previously unreachable places, not to make your travel fast and effortless, that's why you have flight masters zone portals. Anyways, i'll be happy with any outcome - if they'll make another "flat" expansion i'll keep using flying, if they'll completely remove it - i'll be happy to punch my way through everything

I mean this is part of the problem. When flight was introduced in TBC, the zones that were flying content were made with that in mind. Skettis had numerous Kaliri which had a massive aggro radius and specialized in dismounting you in midair. Blade's Edge Mountains had fel cannons in multiple locations that could reduce your character to pulp. Flying over any enemy faction city was a good way to get tagged by their cannons and air patrols and get slaughtered.

Content added after that was in non-flying zones which is why people complaining about Argus need to check the history of the game; additional zones were never flight enabled.

The problem is people complained a lot (especially about the Kaliri). Frankly, they were dangerous bastards. Chances are high they would dismount you and if you didn't have the necessary intelligence to find a safe place to land the moment you heard that screech you'd either die from falling damage or you'd drop in the middle of a clump of enemies and get killed that way. It's the same thing with Vashj'ir; people complained about enemies aggroing at them from above or below because they lacked spatial awareness.
    My problem with flying is that it makes traveling and navigation safe and easy. Roughly speaking.

But problem with Kaliri wasn't the fact of them dropping adventures to their death, but due to adventures not being able to counteract that. There was no proper indication of their range (remember "mandatory stealth sequence" that sneak into the world of warcraft? With these blue-ish purple dotted lines? yeah, stuff like that helps a lot), danger or "what the fuck do i do to not get dismounted. Blizzard had no means to resolve this problem at time, so they removed them, but they can make flying fairly dangerous now
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-10-10 at 08:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

No no no no. Flying needs no adjustments. They could have done this one or two years after they implemented it but not a decade later. Flying must be kept as it is and is absolutely no topic to debate.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Blizz has come to the ultimate compromise with what they have done when it comes to flying

All those who wanna see the content on the ground can do it cause you need to do it on the ground to get the achievement cause the achievement wants all quests done and exploration plus rep which needs to be done with ground mounts.

but those of us who want flying will get it eventually when we put in the work which should suit us both!!1.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about instead of gimping flying they incorporate content that uses flying in interesting ways like I don't know the Cloud Serpent racing?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Deleted
    Oh look at those poll results.

But one option is missing. I'm okay with Pathfinder. I like it even. I just don't want it to be BS timegated and only unlocked at x.5. I want Pathfinder for original zones unlocked at x.0 with additional Pathfinders for subsequent patch zones. With this setup I wouldn't even care about Argus that much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I kinda like the GW2 approach, having mounts that excel at different things like sprinting, gliding, jumping, water walking, gathering resources, etc (we already have water walking mounts and gathering resources mount in the Goblin Reaver mount letting you gather herbs while mounted).

Would give the whole mount system more depth. Right now we have like 400+ available mounts in the game and they all basically do the same thing.
    AMEN BRO! I could't agree with you more, if mounts exceld at different things it would Revolutionize the entire system.

The poll perfectly summarizes how people actually feel. Stop with the bullshit ideas and changes mid-expansion, stop with the bullshit terrain AND locking it to no-flight, stop with creating convoluted ways to obtain what is, was, and will be the best convenience tool in the whole game. Just have a neat option on max level of the content to buy flying and be done with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean this is part of the problem. When flight was introduced in TBC, the zones that were flying content were made with that in mind. Skettis had numerous Kaliri which had a massive aggro radius and specialized in dismounting you in midair. Blade's Edge Mountains had fel cannons in multiple locations that could reduce your character to pulp. Flying over any enemy faction city was a good way to get tagged by their cannons and air patrols and get slaughtered.

Content added after that was in non-flying zones which is why people complaining about Argus need to check the history of the game; additional zones were never flight enabled.

The problem is people complained a lot (especially about the Kaliri). Frankly, they were dangerous bastards. Chances are high they would dismount you and if you didn't have the necessary intelligence to find a safe place to land the moment you heard that screech you'd either die from falling damage or you'd drop in the middle of a clump of enemies and get killed that way. It's the same thing with Vashj'ir; people complained about enemies aggroing at them from above or below because they lacked spatial awareness.
    Tanaan says hi.