Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    The game desperately needs healers.
    The healers are there, people just aren't playing them.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I think a multi-class would be pretty cool..

something along the lines of druid in WoW, able to heal in one form, melee dps in a form, range dps in a form - cooldowns between forms and seperate ult per form..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    There's not enough variety to cope with the myriad ways the DPS roster can annihilate them. That's why people tend not to play them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There's not enough variety to cope with the myriad ways the DPS roster can annihilate them. That's why people tend not to play them.
    Sounds to me like the existing healers should be buffed instead of adding another mediocre healer that no one will play.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 4 healers. Thats it. 2 main healers (one of whom is not in a good spot) and 2 off healers (one of which is more DPS than healer)

Buffing them just keeps it 4 healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like the existing healers should be buffed instead of adding another mediocre healer that no one will play.
    Except while Mercy is OP, Lucio and Zen are just fine and generally considered a nice pick because of the utility they provide; they don't really need buffing. Ana for sure needs help, and I would love for them to fix her but it still wouldn't fix that there are only 4 styles of play while there are 16 for DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except while Mercy is OP, Lucio and Zen are just fine and generally considered a nice pick because of the utility they provide; they don't really need buffing. Ana for sure needs help, and I would love for them to fix her but it still wouldn't fix that there are only 4 styles of play while there are 16 for DPS.
    And the real core issue with that is that there's almost no counterplay to healer choices. You want "enough healing", but that could be a single Mercy/Ana, or a Lucio/Zen combo, or any other combination of two, depending. They're all hugely vulnerable to the same tactic, flankers diving in to kill the healers. So you just have to grin and bear it, and hope your team can defend you; you don't have any capacity to say "well, if Genji's a problem, I'll take the healer good against Genji" because none of them are. The same isn't true of DPS or tank picks, where you have exactly that kind of counterplay. This means healer players (and I main support, so I'm not shitting on anyone here) can much more easily play a "main", because there's basically almost never any real need to swap. Lucio's slightly better on maps with cliffs, Zen is slightly better against team comps with lots of health to burn through and strong DPS on your side. But they all do fine with basically any comp. Ana's a bit rough, but that's mechanical to her build, not something you can play around, really.

What we need is strong options for healers, so they can make informed hero choices like everyone else. Give us a tanky short-range healer who can put the hurt on flankers who dive in, 1v1, but is absolute garbage at range. Give us a "healer" who relies on deflecting/absorbing damage with shields or barriers, like Zarya but moreso (as a for-instance, imagine a 600-health shield/barrier you can maintain on one hero, but whose health is set; if the enemy burns 300 health off that shield/barrier, it has to recover normally through shield regen/healing, and the damage carries over if you re-apply it to someone else; there's no way to "spam" it but it's not CD-based either).

Probably another hero that doesn't require the player to aim... in an FPS game.

There are 4 healers. Thats it. 2 main healers (one of whom is not in a good spot) and 2 off healers (one of which is more DPS than healer)

Buffing them just keeps it 4 healers.
    Yep. 4 healers, 7 defense (if you put Symmetra with them, and frankly you should since she doesn't heal), 6 tanks, and 8 offense.

Definitely need more healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Yep. 4 healers, 7 defense (if you put Symmetra with them, and frankly you should since she doesn't heal), 6 tanks, and 8 offense.

Definitely need more healers.
    Especially when you think about variety too.

Look at all that variety in tanking, defense, offence. Healing needs some more. Personally i only like playing Lucio and Zen, I only use Mercy out of necessity, but hate using her because I hate my teammates.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 Offense, 6 Defense, 6 Tank, 5 Support at the moment.

It should be anything but an Offense hero if they want to balance it.

BUT, they should not add new heroes, they should fix the current ones.

Torbjörn, Bastion, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Sombra all need to be fixed and buffed so that they are not completly useless, as they are in 9/10 scenarios at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    8 Offense, 6 Defense, 6 Tank, 5 Support at the moment.

It should be anything but an Offense hero if they want to balance it.

BUT, they should not add new heroes, they should fix the current ones.

Torbjörn, Bastion, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Sombra all need to be fixed and buffed so that they are not completly useless, as they are in 9/10 scenarios at the moment.
    I disagree, because they need both. A new hero can combo great with older heroes who may need some lovin too. A new Hero can lessen counters to heros who need lovin

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Sombra is great on certain maps. Mainly 2cp but also Route 66

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In addition to the above comments, part of the game is supposed to be swapping to counter the enemy team's strategy.

With healers, there's no point 90% of the time, since the "counters" work against all the healers anyway.

If we had healers like "melee-focused cone healer who can deal decent damage in close range but is garbage past 15'" or "'healer' that provides active barriers/shields to mitigate incoming damage rather than healing it back", there'd be solid justifications for swapping around. The melee healer could be an absolute bruiser to flankers like Reaper/Genji/Tracer, forcing them to back off. The damage mitigator could work as a buffer to save teammates being focus-fired, giving them crucial seconds to get back to safety (think Zarya's bubbles but moreso). I'm sure we could come up with more concepts, and I'm sure Blizzard has plenty themselves, but the point remains; we don't have a ton of options for healers, when there ARE tons for other roles.
    That sounds like a tanky short range support healer like the WoW-paladin. That would be great filling in two roles that are sorely needed and they just don't drop the moment a semi-skilled diver jumps on you.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    That sounds like a tanky short range support healer like the WoW-paladin. That would be great filling in two roles that are sorely needed and they just don't drop the moment a semi-skilled diver jumps on you.
    I'm honestly amazed Overwatch didn't ship with that hero. Blizz LOVES that archetype. See all the paladins in WoW, and even medics in Starcraft to a lesser extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Sombra is great on certain maps. Mainly 2cp but also Route 66
    The main issue with Sombra is that her ult is good for combos, but unlike Zarya, is not used fully. Many times you will see a Sombra randomly ult (even in diamond+), when you really want her to do it when you can get an advantage by taking out now much weaker enemies in a team fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive seen the idea of a WOW styled Paladin on the official forums and reddit before. I like the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main issue with Sombra is that her ult is good for combos, but unlike Zarya, is not used fully. Many times you will see a Sombra randomly ult (even in diamond+), when you really want her to do it when you can get an advantage by taking out now much weaker enemies in a team fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive seen the idea of a WOW styled Paladin on the official forums and reddit before. I like the idea.
    Sombra's been overtaken by a lot of power creep elsewhere. Especially combining with Zarya's ult, where the EMP used to also stop players escaping it; that factor is no longer needed so it's purely about preventing mitigation cooldowns, which are less common and can be outdamaged by certain combos anyway.

Deleted
    I want a police officer hero, like those Widowmaker fought in her cinematic (except more competent of course) don't know how it would work though.

Maybe his ult could be a grenade launcher that fires a teargas canister, that could be used to block off block off areas and protect your team from being flanked or sniped. Enemies within the gas would get blurry screens, reduced movement speed, and be unable to use abilities.

Blizzard could turn him into a riot police officer, give him a shield in his left hand that he can bash with as his right click, knocking people back, dealing damage if they hit something or someone

A baton as his melee

A flashlight to blind people with, not completely blind like flashbangs in CSGO but enough to disorient, like flashlights on weapons in Battlefield.

His shift could be a dash to his allies giving them and himself shield, like some kind of "Get down Mr. President" CIA agent

In his right hand he'd have a low damage weapon, due to the amount of CC he has, like a pistol or a small SMG

That's just what I want though, in terms of who the next hero will actually be, I'd say a healer, they're in pretty short supply.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-10-15 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I want a police officer hero

Deleted
    Oh shit you're right, that skin is a thing haha I forgot!

Still, a REAL police officer hero would be cool