Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Armory Stats - Patch 7.3 Achievements, Blue Tweets, Overwatch: Anthology, DLC #602

Season 11 Ends Oct 20th, Season 12 Starts November 9th

Interview with our Expansion Creation Competition Winner - Servitors of the Loa

Armory Stats - Patch 7.3 Achievements
    Today we are taking a look at the number of players that have earned some of the new achievements in Patch 7.3. This data comes from 1.8 million US and EU players active in the last month.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Are the tool tips for crouch on the argus rare pet battles just wrong - they block 100% of damage not 50%
    This is working as intended, the 50% reduction of Crouch and Boss stack. (Muffinus)

Overwatch: Anthology Volume 1
    Overwatch: Anthology Volume 1 releases on October 10!

Dark Legacy Comics #602 - The Simple Things
    DLC #602 has been released!

Holy shit 10% of the entire playerbase bought the blizzcon mount. I am speechless. That is some serious dough.

Deleted
    So there is only 1,8m active subs ~ ? I thought we were back to 5-6m currently.

I'm done with 2k demons, but 5k... will do it in the future, but it's good to see otherwise I've done some rare stuff, even with my kinda casual gaming sessions.

(Also that comic, lol can't wait.)

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    clearly not, u dumb?

Pretty sure it’s a sample. But I doubt WoW has 5mio active subs atm. My guesstimate would be around 3 mio?

Deleted
    It's very interesting to see these stats. You tend to forget what everybody else in the game is doing. I thought i was the last person on the planet to get exalted with Argussian Reach. Apparently not.

Deleted
    Its probably list of known characters that can't possibly cover all players. Looks like out of those "active" players only 60% are actually playing, why the rest are marked as active is mystery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Its probably list of known characters that can't possibly cover all players. Looks like out of those "active" players only 60% are actually playing, why the rest are marked as active is mystery.
    Even during Catas peak these surveys only picked up like 3m players for EU and NA so there are probably 4-7m subs depending on Asia subs.

Prob 2-3m actual western subs for WoW and another 2-4m in Asian territory's.

- - - Updated - - -

Armory stats during the first 6months of SoO showed 2.3m players, so even if thats accurate we only lost around 500k in the last 4 years. Id guess about 5.5m subs worldwide atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle80 View Post
    clearly not, u dumb?
    Who deserves the "dumb" between you and me ?

There it is. 50% of playerbase are casuals that do not like grinding demons or running dungeons (me included). Next time someone tries to tell otherwise on the forum I am gonna stick this graph right into their faces.

There it is. 50% of playerbase are casuals that do not like grinding demons or running dungeons (me included).
    Yeah, same with me. I resubbed when 7.3 came out, I was excited to come back to WoW but then... a week later... I found myself grinding new currencies and killing demons the entire time. Login, do the dailies, kills rares, collect 910 gear, logout. Not to mention that Argus is a shithole, I hate it. I tried hard to like the new patch but 3 weeks later I just bailed out and let the sub expire. I moved to another MMO with no sub and a LOT less grind. I forgot how cool is to start from scratch in a new world. I miss Azeroth (the memories...) but I don't miss its mechanics at all. If it wasn't for Blizzard and their incredible hype-marketing I am sure I would have abandoned WoW a long time ago.
    Last edited by MrLoque; 2017-10-09 at 08:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    Yeah, same with me. I resubbed when 7.3 came out, I was excited to come back to WoW but then... a week later... I found myself grinding new currencies and killing demons the entire time. Login, do the dailies, kills rares, collect 910 gear, logout. Not to mention that Argus is a shithole, I hate it. I tried hard to like the new patch but 3 weeks later I just bailed out and let the sub expire. I moved to another MMO with no sub and a LOT less grind. I forgot how cool is to start from scratch in a new world. I miss Azeroth (the memories...) but I don't miss its mechanics at all. If it wasn't for Blizzard and their incredible hype-marketing I am sure I would have abandoned WoW a long time ago.
    Out of curiosity, which mmo did you move to?

Dat DLC tho, hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    good to know. i was wondering if it was worth the time to come back and checkout the content. but i guess not. (for me)

i'll be back when the next expansion is here. and leave after a few weeks/months, as usual.

Almost 10% got scammed by virtual tickets :s Tho they probably got it for the mounts only.

Dat DLC - so f true!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Dat DLC tho, hilarious!
    Not really. Appear Offline is for bnet friends only. Presumably Krom is raiding with a guild, and appear offline doesn't hide you from guild list, or even WoW friend list. It doesn't even prevent people from cross server whispering you. So there is realistically no way that you can raid dodge while appearing offline and still do things in WoW without anyone knowing. The comic pretty much shows something that can't happen with the new system, and isn't relatable at all.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    There it is. 50% of playerbase are casuals that do not like grinding demons or running dungeons (me included). Next time someone tries to tell otherwise on the forum I am gonna stick this graph right into their faces.
    Wow! You found a new and interesting trend!

Wait, no. These graphs have shown this shit since achievements became a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    Not really. Appear Offline is for bnet friends only. Presumably Krom is raiding with a guild, and appear offline doesn't hide you from guild list, or even WoW friend list. It doesn't even prevent people from cross server whispering you. So there is realistically no way that you can raid dodge while appearing offline and still do things in WoW without anyone knowing. The comic pretty much shows something that can't happen with the new system, and isn't relatable at all.
    lol. Your opinion must be mine. Oh lord gimme your opinion!!

/s