Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hutball from swtor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I said "almost"

And it's because it moves the mining (and other) nodes around constantly, meaning that you regularly see them whilst traveling, and often see new ones when going back through an area so you pick up nodes regularly and naturalistically whilst just playing the game. This also means that the node spawn pretty freely (now, they didn't used to in earlier WoW).

Whereas with GW2, because the nodes respawn on a per-character basis on strict schedule, a schedule which can be cheated by shifting to another instance of the zone (at least with non-rare materials), they are worth less, less likely to be encountered in normal play (in my experience) and more of something you focus on doing "circuits" of (indeed there overlays oriented to this). YMMV vary, but whilst it's advantageous to people who really want to griiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind (which is indeed the pure spirit of GW2 - grinding), I don't think it's really much better overall, when impact on the game and so on is considered.
    My WoW account isn't active right now so I'm not sure how it is at the moment but my main concern is that on the most populated servers the WoW system is a bit of a problem when it comes to the botting problem. Actual players miss out on nodes because either the bots have already gone through and picked them clean and so the player can't find nodes available, or they're rushing after the node they see over there being tapped because they're afraid it's going to disappear while they're trying to mine/pick it.

At least with the GW2 system the node is guaranteed not to disappear.

- FF14's class/job system; do everything you want, more or less, as once character. Level all the "alts" you want. It would more or less require the utter destruction of WoW's lore, though. How could one character, for example, be able to be both a paladin and a death knight? Let alone touching on all the class restrictions per race.

- Wildstar's transmog system let you customize the gear slot and not the actual item, so if you changed your chest piece 5 different times in 2 weeks, you didn't have to re-mog it every single time.

- GW2's dye system. Every MMO could benefit from this (the ones that don't have it, that is). WoW foremost and utmost, but FF14 isn't terribly far behind. Anyone who's used Dalamud Red dye on a piece of gear only to have it appear with hot pink accents knows all too well...

Just to name a few from various MMOs I've spent time on.

EQ2's player housing along with the Carpenter tradeskill. Also from EQ2, the ability to choose what percentage of exp you are getting from 0% (stopping exp gain) to 100% (normal exp gain)

GW2 Auction House with buy orders / sell orders.

GW2 tp points got already used by Blizzard on Argus, I'd hope they'll be with us to stay and not be only 1-patch perk.

GW2 gathering skills not taking your crafting slot and crafting can be "deactivated" without losing progress if you want to switch to a different craft.

SWTOR "unify to chest colour" transmog option, having trouble finding a matching belt or glove? No probs, the game can make it match colour-wise.

SWTOR bodyguard / companion system where you actually control them like pets and can respec them to healer / tank / dps. WOW bodyguards tend to do whatever they want, keep you stuck in combat and have inflexible combat roles (atm only tank or dps).

SWTOR quicktravel which is like hearthstone but you can hs to any discovered bind point within a map instead of only 1 predefined one. One reason why I still keep portal nexus on my mage long after I got frost hidden appearance, it's so much faster to get to Highmountain or Valsharah, now imagine if you could just HS there instead of flying every time you want to do WQs.

SWTOR reputation system where all your alts on the same server contribute to the same rep pool but with caps preventing altoholics to grind it off too quickly.

SWTOR racials which are literally a cosmetic emote, so you're free to pick a race for looks / lore flavour without feeling penalized for not having "the best racial".

BDO has some nice features, such as player housing and armour dye, as well as others. I'd like to see some of those added. Just no more PTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    A mentor mode where i can delevel temporarily my character to the character level of a friend to do content with them in a normal way instead of boosting them through it with my max level.

I believe Everquest 2 had such a feature if i remember it correctly.
    I was going to post this but you did it for me. Guild Wars 2 also handled leveling well in my opinion. Nothing was trivial, but you still had power over lower leveled mobs. Just not enough that you could stand there and ignore them. This allowed you to play with ANYONE without having to avoid leveling past friends or worrying about outgearing them to an insane degree. I also like ESO's leveling system. They just outright removed levels from mobs and anyone could do a percentage of damage based on their stats and gear... it's confusing, I still don't understand how it works, but it's really enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Girrag View Post
    ability to attack your own faction.
    There are some items that let you do that, plus the traitor thing for faster queue times.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDayYouMay View Post
    Death exp penalty, so when you die, you really feel it. Say lose like 10% of exp, also you can level down
    Way to make reward douchebag rogues in Honor Hold who camp lowbies. PVP servers would literally be unplayable if every time you died you lost XP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armor dye has been a huge thing I've been wanting in this game for a long time now, but I feel like that make Blizz have to work on different designs for each set recolor since Heroic is one color and normal/lfr is another and then mythic is a totally different design.

If they put in armor dye, players could dye their armor to the color of the heroic tier set to get the look in a much easier way and I don't think Blizz would like that. >.<

Deleted
    Love to see more open world tech borrowed from other games. The phasing has become very intrusive.

Dynamic events like in GW2, or FATE's from FF 14 (same thing as dynamic events)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

I really like what ffxiv does with their questing system. The game tells one long story, and separates "main quests" from "side quests". Your first class on your character can be leveled to max almost entirely doing main story quests. The main story quests (MSQ) also give almost double what a regular quest gives. You can't access a lot of content without doing the main story quests, so you're pretty much forced to do them. You can skip the cutscenes if you want.

Once you hit level cap with that character, you get 200% experience when you switch classes, so you have more options to level after you've seen the MSQ once. Of couse, a lot of the MSQ are really pointless, but a lot of them aren't. I'd say 50/50.

In any event, WoW could really use some good storytelling instead of just throwing in something happening rarely here and there. The zone quests in WoW serve no point to the story as a whole. Most of them are forgetful and have no consequence. It's one of the few things I dislike about WoW. Then again, maybe JRPGs are just something I prefer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    SWTOR transmog - that is, applying the visual overlay to a slot, not an item, and being able to apply two colours to it.
    Very much this!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Nothing honestly ... I would prefer WoW be WoW
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Que system for all raid modes and all dungeon modes.

If they announced it and added it tomorrow I would resub.

If anyone wants a example of a MMO doing this its DCUO.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Better integrated RP Systems (Neverwinter Nights)
    Runescape Professions
    Actual Player Housing (SWGalaxies)
    World Scaling (ESO)
    Unlocked Parties (Any faction)
    Unlocked Raids (Any faction)
    Scaling Parties (ESO)
    Unlocked Questing (ESO)

All of these features allow them to stick with the faction war on a faction level, but let characters decide who they like and dislike. It makes less work for world revamps. It makes everything seem twice as populated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dye for our armor/clothing. Just about every other MMO has it, WoW needs to get with the times on that.

For every different color a piece of armor has on it, make a dye section, so if a piece of armor has Red, Gold, Black, and Silver, give us 4 dye slots that correspond to the sections of armor covered by those colors, and let us change them as we see fit.

It's also an additional gold sink, which Blizzard should want more of.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-10-10 at 05:13 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    FF14 - Armour Dyes
    Perfect World - Guild Territories
    Priston Tale 1 - Battle for the Castle
    Wakfu - Craft System
    Player Housing from any game

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Armour dye.
    Might end up badly, just look at what happened to Destiny.