Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    You go to the gym to stay skinny.. not wait until you're a whale and then force yourself into a gym to lose weight gained eating like a fat fuck
    Kind of why I go. I'm pretty fit and eat whatever, but if I didn't work out I would balloon up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265215.php

Even doctors acknowledge BMI is inaccurate
    If you are clearly fat your BMI can be stated to help tell you where you need to be and why. If you are clearly in shape and your BMI is high and it isn't fat, then you don't need to say anything about it. Bad doctors say that. It's inaccurate in the hands of stupid people who can't tell the difference between fat and muscle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's really fat dude. Where do you live because over here it definitely isn't considered "skinny"
    Nope, that ain't 'really' fat. Overweight, yes. Dunno, where I live runs on a scale made by research of lifestyles in the western cultures. Fat is after overweight on this scale. And 90 isn't skinny but it is all to body type and such. There is many methods of calculating it. But wouldn't call it fat..

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    200 pounds is pretty visibly fat.
    (And, not using BMI, not a useful method anymore) Hmm, again, down to body types. Not sure I saw a picture of the person but we are going far in to muscle mass and so on too. Seen athletes with that weight and height.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    People still use BMI?
    It is sadly a forced method in the medical schools till there is a better method.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That ain't really fat either.
    Please explain how that isn't fat.

Sorry, just saw your post above mine ^
    Last edited by ravenswood; 2017-10-10 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenswood View Post
    Muscles can be heavy you know ?

10+ Year Old Account
    But their passive-aggressive comments upset me.
    There is the root of a problem. She shouldn't be upset. She shouldn't say anything (doesn't mean that she can't, but it won't achieve anything), you can't really stop others from thinking or saying something you personally don't like, even when they talk about you. Why these personal problems even reach news outlets? It's literally a non-issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265215.php

Even doctors acknowledge BMI is inaccurate
    Everyone and their dogs knows that. It's still a decent way for the more or less average person to calculate which category you roughly fall in. If you have a ton of muscles and very low fat, BMI may even show you're overweight or obese, but most people aren't very fit and muscles don't warp their measurement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair my work colleagues are a bit like this. Not so much with the gym. But for example someone will bring in a big chocolate cake or a box of doughnuts one day and when I decline, I get passive-aggressive things like "What, why not?! It's not like you need to lose weight. You're skinny!"

Yeah... I'm skinny cause I don't eat massive slices of chocolate cake randomly between meals.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    To be fair my work colleagues are a bit like this. Not so much with the gym. But for example someone will bring in a big chocolate cake or a box of doughnuts one day and when I decline, I get passive-aggressive things like "What, why not?! It's not like you need to lose weight. You're skinny!"

Yeah... I'm skinny cause I don't eat massive slices of chocolate cake randomly between meals.
    That's IMO projection of their own insecurities on you, than passive-aggression. More like "oh if only i had your skinny body i would eat chocolate cakes all day every day", not realizing that skinny body is (in general case) direct consequence of refusing to overeat chocolate cakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Basically..

Though, going to the gym if you're a big person, people look at you like it is a freak show. Sadly, know from own experience but going to start working out again, need to lose the belly a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup.

Multiple doctors and dieticians here has said the same but sadly it is a standard calculation method used world wide.
    From my own experiences, it is the opposite. There is a general respect and acknowledgement that everyone at the gym, especially bigger people are doing their best to get healthier and fitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's IMO projection of their own insecurities on you, than passive-aggression. More like "oh if only i had your skinny body i would eat chocolate cakes all day every day", not realizing that skinny body is (in general case) direct consequence of refusing to overeat chocolate cakes
    Probably :P

It's still irritating!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Perhaps to get some muscles and not be so skinny anymore? What a stupid question. oO

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, that ain't 'really' fat. Overweight, yes. Dunno, where I live runs on a scale made by research of lifestyles in the western cultures. Fat is after overweight on this scale. And 90 isn't skinny but it is all to body type and such. There is many methods of calculating it. But wouldn't call it fat..
    In America maybe, everybody are fat there so the standards are somewhere else. But in Europe being 5.8 and 200 (175cm 90kg) as a female is very, very fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 more threads and OP will reach the "1000 Threads Created" milestone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenswood View Post
    Well, @Miyagie was so polite to do it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    From my own experiences, it is the opposite. There is a general respect and acknowledgement that everyone at the gym, especially bigger people are doing their best to get healthier and fitter.
    Last I stopped trying because of stares. I am sadly in the situation of being quite tall, yet big too but without it all being fat. I ended up getting depressed from having people stare, snicker and low comments. Then again, there was a few cheering comments but sadly the negative is sometimes louder in one's mind.

Now the wife and I are going to get started again. We have our goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HymenDestroyer View Post
    In America maybe, everybody are fat there so the standards are somewhere else. But in Europe being 5.8 and 200 (175cm 90kg) as a female is very, very fat.
    That ain't 'very very fat'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Followed that link, the 2nd question was so much better,

Recently, I took a new amazing job doing what I love, with more pay, more responsibility.

On my third day, I found a beer in the fridge, and smelled pot. I then saw the small office staff outside huddled with a joint and a bottle of booze.

The manager was out there too . . . everyone except me.

I stuck it out and the manager put her foot down about this and other things they were doing.

However, they’ve all reverted back! I’m under so much stress trying to get my stuff done on time, but also handling all the incoming calls from different locations when the others leave the office.

I confided in another employee because they don’t walk out when he’s there. He said something to them so I thought it was fixed.

NOPE. I saw drug deals in front of my eyes inside the office, which reeks of the smell.

The owner is aware and DOES NOT CARE since he’s a user of this and harder drugs.

I’m looking for other jobs but want to secure a new job before I quit this one.

If I report the staff to the cops, they’d know it was me and might retaliate, or they’d all be arrested and I’d still be out of a job.

How do I handle this?
    Sounds like a fun place to work.

OT People go to the gym for many reasons, guess its no different to doing any other hobby. No one elses business what others do in there own time.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Yes, but muscles aren't fat. I really don't understand your point.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, @Miyagie was so polite to do it for me.

Last I stopped trying because of stares. I am sadly in the situation of being quite tall, yet big too but without it all being fat. I ended up getting depressed from having people stare, snicker and low comments. Then again, there was a few cheering comments but sadly the negative is sometimes louder in one's mind.

Now the wife and I are going to get started again. We have our goal.

- - - Updated - - -

That ain't 'very very fat'.
    Yes, and his post was nonsense. If you are above a certain body fat percentage, you are fat. There's no ifs or buts about it. Depending on your height and genetics, some people look fatter than others with the same body fat percentage. They are both just as overweight as eachother.

Iam skinny, I go to the gym, nobody bats an eyelid! Yes iam what you would call underweight but that was down to depression and illness but i have started to go back to the gym to put on my muscle weight back on.

Also Tennisace what is with your crusade against fat people?

That ain't really fat either.
    Yes it is. That's downright obese, actually.