Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's not that surprising, a lot of old people still perish every winter around the world. Heat doesn't have as clear a vector to kill large numbers of people.

Not really relevant though, the impact of climate change isn't going to be related to temperature extremes causing direct human deaths but rather the economic damage of rising sea levels, bushfires, agricultural impacts, extreme weather events etc.
    Well sure, I just wouldn't have guessed it. I'm more used to stories along the lines of "47 die in Chicago heat wave".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well sure, I just wouldn't have guessed it. I'm more used to stories along the lines of "47 die in Chicago heat wave".
    That's because demographics. The people dying of heat in the US are mostly older people or people with medical issues, but they come from all walks of life. The people dying of cold are mostly the homeless. Guess which group people care more about?

7+ Year Old Account
    Did the OP just quote Tony Abbot to try and make some argument on the issue? Guy's a bloody fool.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Australia has been uninhabitable before, and it will someday be so again, regardless of anything humans do. It's the natural order of things.
    You are comparing a processes that takes thousands of years vs something we are experience right now in a matter of decades.

not very smart are you

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You are comparing a processes that takes thousands of years vs something we are experience right now in a matter of decades.

not very smart are you
    Questioning someone's intelligence is always the most amusing when the person doing it has terrible grammar. Thanks for posting this.

Australian politicians are all hacks and you probably shouldn't listen to anything they say.

Deleted
    I wouldnt mind some global warming. Is fucking cold here in Scandinavia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Well I mean... Can living in Australia get any worse than it is?
    Sure it can, the spiders could be on fire.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I envision the day 100 years from now when A.I. has all but fixed the problem of climate change as we reach Kardashev level 1 and have full control of planet resources/climate. The now augmented humans look back and laugh at how stupid people were in the 21st century thinking that taxing more and forcing people to drive Prius's would somehow fix the climate.