Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account

Finally finished a part list. Time to get blasted here.

As the title says I've landed on this build, but want you guys to help me and tell me if anything loco.

pcpartpicker. com/user/Rexeen/saved/#view=gs89WZ

Thanks in advance for any help you might give me! (Peripherals already ordered.)

I'll embed it for you to make it easier.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($399.89 @ B&H)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H110i 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($117.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($191.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($170.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($169.88 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($66.88 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card
    Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass ATX Mid Tower Case ($189.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Asus - PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor ($756.38 @ Amazon)
    Keyboard: Corsair - K70 LUX RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($129.99 @ Amazon)
    Mouse: Corsair - M65 PRO RGB FPS Wired Optical Mouse ($47.99 @ Amazon)
    Headphones: Logitech - G933 Artemis Spectrum 7.1 Channel Headset ($131.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
    Total: $2533.83
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-10 14:00 EDT-0400

Seems like a perfectly viable build to me.

I might swap the Logitech headset for the Corsair VOID, just so itll sync with all your other Corsair RGB stuff.

Quality is as good or better than the Logitech set.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 things

Swap Seagate - Barracuda 2TB to Seagate ST2000DX002. I don't think you will be cramming all your games into that 500MB SSD and this is where SSHD comes in handy, as it accelerates stuff you access frequently, it's not SSD, but it's better than standard mechanical drive.

If you have money to burn, add dedicated soundcard with amplifier (or just external amplifier) and toss in Sennheiser HD8 (or HD 650 if you don't mind your neighbors knocking your walls down)+ some mic - it is a whole other level of sound quality right there compared to all the "gaming" crap headsets being thrown around. That will be 300 bucks extra or so in total, but it is whole other experience.

As for mic, really anything tabletop will do, unless you are some sort e-personality or a damn singer. I, personally, got Razer Siren and I kinda regret it but in an amusing way, this shit is so sensitive that it picks everything that is happening within a frikkin' 2 blocks radius even when I bring sensitivity down to almost minimal. I'd advise something less aggressive there.

Anyway, headset-wise, I was buying pricey "gaming" headsets for years and trust me, when it comes to sound quality they are utter shit compared to some more serious stuff from company which is all about sound and not your usual one stop shop peripherals maker which is all about taking cheap hardware adding lights and "gaming" sticker to it and asking 3 times the price it is worth. I am not even talking that Sennheiser HD8 are utterly indestructible with metal build, detachable cable and replaceable earpads, they even give you spares of each in the box. To compare I had "gaming" headphones from Roccat, Logitech and Razer and all of them without exception broke or started making troubles after a year at most. Roccat was the worst and Razer the "best". These Sennheiser HD8 are two years old and literally 0 issues so far, by my standards that's insane.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-10-11 at 10:32 AM.