Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    No, if you were behind at the start of the season that is not true. Also, to obtain the extra cap bump you had to do rated play and even then a rated player would have 5 pieces of conquest versus a non rated player who would have 4 pieces.

I am not stating a "point of view". It was faster to farm through PVP in WoD than PVE for gear.

And you are bound to obtain repeat items in Legion due to the RNG nature of boxes.

In other words you don't know what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

I outgear more people now in Legion PVP instances than previous expansions. In WoD there was a gear cap in all instanced PVP meaning the highest gear was conquest. In Legion, the gear cap has been removed, because the assumption was that gear being normalized wouldn't be a "big deal". However, that has proven to be wrong, because your damage scales not only with your items level in instanced PVP via template. But your secondary stats as well scale with ilevel and your weapon ilevel is a huge factor in damage calculations. Which is why a high ilevel artifact weapon for melee is more potent than for casters due to weapon damage calculations.
    Oh now we’re talking about people late in the season and the extended conquest cap. While you could only get one or two 710 items per week in S3, you could get more in Heroic HFC, granted PvP gear was better in PvP. That’s facts. You not raiding and sticking to casual BGs or low-rated arenas doesn’t mean it was faster to get gear. You’re bound to get duplicate items, but items can get higher level than base + you can get as much as you want. It’s not because it’s a flawed design that those are not rewards.

But I’m done here, I guess people can’t think that pruning ruined the PvP experience because they didn’t even feel it because they didn’t use their class properly before xD

Quote Originally Posted by twistedmynd View Post
    Wasn't the highest demand for pvp in the history of wow back in burning crusade?
    That's where the term "welfare epics" originated.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome." -- Samuel Johnson

Are they still doing X class & spec flavor of the week in pvp?

There's your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Oh now we’re talking about people late in the season and the extended conquest cap. While you could only get one or two 710 items per week in S3, you could get more in Heroic HFC, granted PvP gear was better in PvP. That’s facts. You not raiding and sticking to casual BGs or low-rated arenas doesn’t mean it was faster to get gear. You’re bound to get duplicate items, but items can get higher level than base + you can get as much as you want. It’s not because it’s a flawed design that those are not rewards.

But I’m done here, I guess people can’t think that pruning ruined the PvP experience because they didn’t even feel it because they didn’t use their class properly before xD

No.

Heroic HFC is not in anyway close to easier access than 710 gear. Not even close.

It is clear to me you do not understand "facts". What is also clear to me that is that you do not realize that even with a loss in a random arena or BG you still gained conquest points.

The current Legion design is flawed because of duplicate items and you can't climb ratings because of the collapsed ladder. Why do you defend an inferior gearing reward system in legion when Blizzard has admitted themselves PVP rewards need to be reworked in BFA?

In summary you think the PVP gear reward system in Legion is fine, while everyone else says it is bad, Blizzard says it is bad, etc. Whyyou know more than PVP players and Blizzard about PVP reward system?

Pleas enlighten us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.
    7.2 We fly!!!

I would think that the Holinkoaster is when you're playing a class and suddenly you log in and you do 30% less damage because Holinka randomly decided your class was hitting too hard. Bonus points: You log in 2 weeks later and suddenly you're doing 10% more damage than before the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    I would think that the Holinkoaster is when you're playing a class and suddenly you log in and you do 30% less damage because Holinka randomly decided your class was hitting too hard. Bonus points: You log in 2 weeks later and suddenly you're doing 10% more damage than before the nerf.
    Oh hey class X has ranged CC, ranged kick, aoe stun, aoe slow, 4 defensive CDs and 4 mobility CDs, meanwhile class Y has one CC close-range, one defensive CD and zero of everything else, so class X is obviously overperforming class Y.
    Lets give class Y a 40% damage buff to fix that issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Oh hey class X has ranged CC, ranged kick, aoe stun, aoe slow, 4 defensive CDs and 4 mobility CDs, meanwhile class Y has one CC close-range, one defensive CD and zero of everything else, so class X is obviously overperforming class Y.
    Lets give class Y a 40% damage buff to fix that issue!
    Exactly.

Blizz oversimplifies it and misses key nuance to balancing.

For example according to Blizz early Legion Sub had a lot of "control". But a closer examination shows that is misleading and here is why. Sub pre legion had a lot of control, but that control was varied. The control was varied because Sub had Blind, Gouge, garrote from stealth, garrote from shadow dance, cheap shot from stealth, cheap shot from shadow dance and Kidney Shot.

Early legion Sub was cheap spot shadow striking bot basically. Apparently Blizz considers being able to spam cheap shot as "a lot of control". But that makes the spec hard to balance and the over the top mobility made it worse for casters when facing early legion Sub.

Template damage was reduced to reflect how early legion sub was a "control" spec. But a control spec that spams shadow strike or cheap shot isn't a control spec it is an outright nuisance and boring game play too when you are tickling a target with damage and stuns that quickly DR with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.
    7.2 We fly!!!