Page 1 of 2
LastLast

lightsaber vs adamantium

Can a lightsaber cut through adamantium?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Lightsaber can't cut through some organic matter?

Huh

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a creature in CW cartoon that was resistant to light sabers. However it could still be cut/damaged.

As for the question. I would put my money on a the Light Saber because that tech is far more superior than a metal created on earth in present time. In the SW universe, there is nothing that a Light Saber (or kyber energy) can't eventually pierce or damage. Some things just took more whacks or strength to break.

Besides, there are some points in the newer X-Men movies where adamantium is damaged, scratched and even cut.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2017-10-10 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Lightsaber can't cut through some organic matter?

Huh
    I think some species had armor made of of crabs or something that a lightsaber couldnt cut thru.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    There was a creature in CW cartoon that was resistant to light sabers. However it could still be cut/damaged.

As for the question. I would put my money on a the Light Saber because that tech is far more superior than a metal created on earth in present time. In the SW universe, there is nothing that a Light Saber (or kyber energy) can't eventually pierce or damage. Some things just took more whacks or strength to break.

Besides, there are some points in the newer X-Men movies where adamantium is damaged, scratched and even cut.
    Ignore the movies.

This is not a question of how advanced a technology is. It is a question of wether lightsabers are hot enough to melt adamantium. The poster above you shows it is not.

I'd have to say adamantium since its stated it can't be melted again after its set, while there isn't an equivalent factor placed on light sabers. That and as far as I know official stats on light sabers aren't written to any sort of technical degree.

Then again it all depends on who is writing the theoretical cross over comic. Adamantium has had some changes based on author, so you could argue that point from various perspectives as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I think some species had armor made of of crabs or something that a lightsaber couldnt cut thru.
    In the EU (now not canon)
    The Yuuzhan Vong had Vonduun (crab-like creatures) that they used as Armour that were resistant to the lightsabers.

The Mandolorians also crafted Armour called Beskar that was resistant to lightsabers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should specify what universe's adimantium you are referencing. While it's most likely you are speaking of Marvel (in which case, first reply covered it pretty thoroughly), it does exist in other IPs, like Warhammer 40k.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-10-11 at 05:46 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Yeah but the Vong were ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Should specify what universe's adimantium you are referencing. While it's most likely you are speaking of Marvel (in which case, first reply covered it pretty thoroughly), it does exist in other IPs, like Warhammer 40k.
    ok, then specify Wolverine/X-23 adamantium.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    The door at the start of episode 1 put up quite some resistance... and i doubt it was made of metal as resistant as adamantium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Can a lightsaber cut through adamantium?
    Why would/wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah but the Vong were ridiculous.
    the vong were fucking amazing, and i'd give my soul to see a very dark star wars movie show them in all their masochistic glory.

the vibranium thing might mean that it would short out a lightsaber on contact, like a vibroblade does.

Deleted
    If it's Proto-Adamantium, then a lightsaber does jack to it. Probably wouldn't do anything to True Adamatium either. Also, there are plenty of materials in Legends (the old EU) that lightsabers can't cut through.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber/Legends
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Adamantium
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-10-12 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the vong were fucking amazing, and i'd give my soul to see a very dark star wars movie show them in all their masochistic glory.

the vibranium thing might mean that it would short out a lightsaber on contact, like a vibroblade does.
    God awful B-grade villains.

I blame R. A. Salvatore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Back in the early 80s, there were at least two grades of adamantium. The pure stuff was Logan's skeleton, and Ultron. According to Hank Pym, you could take an 1 inch plate and throw it in the middle of the sun and it wouldn't have a single mark on it. A light saber wouldn't mean a thing to it.

I appreciate the nice posts, but guys just remember this is all fake stuff vs fake stuff and don't get too invested.

A lightsaber cannot cut through adamantium. A lightsaber is basically focused plasma in the form a sword and Wolverines adamantium has withstood plasma beams on a number of occasions. In the days of Future Past story a plasma beam that was strong enough to disintigrate every ounce of flesh from Wolverines body left his skeleton completely unscratched. Adamantium has also withstood Thors hammer and nuclear explosions.

The Vong were trash, I'm happy they were scrapped. Lightsaber isn't exactly 'light', it's more like plasma. Adamantium, as described, would probably need something above that to be.. cut.