Does anyone else feel like a slob on cheat days?

I'm about to sit down and have 6oz of ribeye with sweet potatoes and then go sit on my deck and consume exactly 7oz of vodka in about 45 minutes. (the exact amount to get me fuzzy and get a real good nights sleep). Yes I'm a light weight.

I do this about once every week and a half to two weeks. I know its healthy to have cheat days but man I feel like a slob the next day. I think its the vodka, I never realized how many empty calories booze had before I started exercising and watching my weight. Full of damn carbs too.

I'm particular to the girlie stuff too, like the Whipped flavored Vodka (110 calories per 1.5 oz) splashed with some pineapple juisce and some sweet and sour mix.

Anyone recommend some liquor that taste good but has low calories? Does such a thing exist?

Just enjoy yourself man.

Work hard on the other days and stick to your guns on your non-cheat days. Allow yourself to live occasionally, otherwise, what the hell is the point?

In regards to your question - not sure about liquors, but if you want something alcoholic and tasty, you could always try cocktails
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2017-10-10 at 09:04 PM.

Regular vodka, tequila, rum, or gin has around 60 calories per ounce and that's about the lowest you're going to get for any form of alcohol. The pineapple juice(although naturally forming sugar) has a lot and the sweet and sour mix you use I am sure is loaded with sugar.

And a 6 oz. rib-eye? That's like an afternoon snack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolow View Post
    Regular vodka, tequila, rum, or gin has around 60 calories per ounce and that's about the lowest you're going to get for any form of alcohol.

And a 6 oz. rib-eye? That's like an afternoon snack.
    I try and keep dinner time to the low end, most of my daily intake is done between breakfast, lunch, and snacks.

Believe me, I'd love to eat a 12 oz rib-eye ontop of everything else I ate today. lol

Between dinner and after- dinner drinks I'm looking at close to 1,000 calories =/
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-10-10 at 09:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    Just enjoy yourself man.

Work hard on the other days and stick to your guns on your non-cheat days. Allow yourself to live occasionally, otherwise, what the hell is the point?

In regards to your question - not sure about liquors, but if you want something alcoholic and tasty, you could always try cocktails
    So much this, I have 2 cheat days a week (lol) on which I am allowed as many beers as I like. The pay off is that I still have to work out 7 days a week cardio.

If you don't get to enjoy your vices, eventually you'll fall off your plan and never acheive your goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since my body is not used to the food I eat during 'cheat' meals it can certainly make me feel kinda icky. Totally worth it though.

I no longer have "forced" cheat days. I just cheat whenever I feel like and after I cheat I give myself at least 1 week of non cheat days. But most of the time I don't cheat for like a month.

Remember the calories in alcohol are only part (a large part) of the problem when it comes to weight gain etc. It also increases estrogen levels in men and is one of the reason heavy drinkers get "bitch tits".

10+ Year Old Account
    I hit a plateau until I started having cheat days. SO, while it feels odd, I wouldnt feel like a slob.

I don't have cheat days anymore. It's not possible for me to lose weight, but I still eat really health consciously to maintain my current weight. (177 pounds, I'm like 5' 9.75".)

Sometimes I'll eat out instead of eating a home cooked meal. Usually it's a reasonable amount, like 3 slices of pizza or something. That's it. I may be "overweight" the next day or two, but I still maintain my weight within a few pounds. (I usually fluctuate between 176.2~179.8.)

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I hit a plateau until I started having cheat days. SO, while it feels odd, I wouldnt feel like a slob.
    Yea cheat days are good for metabolism spikes if I recall (could be wrong). Maybe they call it carb/fat cycling or something like that.

Personally, I try and stick to a very strict calorie limit a day. Its what works for me.

Though I'm about to add weight training, so my intake is about to shoot up.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-10-11 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Yea cheat days are good for metabolism spikes if I recall (could be wrong). Maybe they call it carb/fat cycling or something like that.

Personally, I try and stick to a very strict calorie limit a day. Its what works for me.

Though I'm about to add weight training, so my intake is about to shoot up.
    yeah I'm debating about adding exercise. I cant go any lower in terms of calories without going full starvation, since 1200 is bare minimum for bodily function.

Also mmm, ribeye.

Also, the only alcohol that i know is calorie light is the shit American light brand stuff. Which Id rather get fat than ever drink.

Deleted
    Dont have cheat days. If I eat more than i should I run / swim further the next time i have cardio.

I don't do cheat days anymore. I diet flexibly.

Basically look at your calories/macros as a budget, and every time you consume something you're spending part of that budget. If you have an extremely high carb or fat meal, then you have to eat less carbs or fat the rest of the day.

If you mean you feel like a slob for consuming "cheat/junk" foods, forget all that noise. Just fit it into your macros and you'll reach your weight goals. That being said, understand if you have to eat 1600 calories to lose fat and you consume 1100 calories in donuts, be prepared for the consequences (sugar rush, overeating that day, staying within your calorie goals but starving, etc)

Deleted
    I used to feel like this on cheat days, because I used to use my cheat days to just gorge on junk food, nowadays though I tend to eat plainer foods through the week and then use my cheat day for more expensive foods, but less quantity.