Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

Blizzard possibly working on a new Overwatch project

"If a new job posting by Blizzard is any indication, the studio might be working on a new project related to Overwatch.

According to a listing on the official Blizzard careers website, the company is looking to hire a generalist artist intern to "help create a wide range of assets" for "an unannounced project."

Under the "Recommended Talents" section on the job description, it lists "knowledge and understanding of the Overwatch universe," suggesting this new project is in some way related to Blizzard's wildly popular hero shooter.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/...d-to-overwatch

So, who knows, this might be a single player component to the game seeing as so many people are invested in these characters, it would be a good move now as FPS games usually don't last more than a few years until they're irrelevant.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to know future overwatch plans?

Look at Team Fortress 2. That simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

Add hats every year and ignore almost any actual content updates while continuously promising a Pyro update for the last 2-3 years?

TF2 is not where to look for that comparison.

I could see them allowing players to create their own hero.

Like offer a mix of abilities, looks and weapons.

Overwatch was supposedly an MMOFPS so the idea is probably there.

I would love an Overwatch MMO where you could play as a member of Overwatch or a member of Talon. I really enjoy the OW universe.

It better be a Battle Royale gamemode

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Story Mode! Single player story mode for every character!

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Story Mode! Single player story mode for every character!
    And add several difficulties, multiplayer adventures and possibility to do the said adventure with different heroes (like Uprising). Woohoo ! Not sure a MMO would work for Overwatch though...Blizzard is already displaying Destiny 2 in their app.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    And add several difficulties, multiplayer adventures and possibility to do the said adventure with different heroes (like Uprising). Woohoo ! Not sure a MMO would work for Overwatch though...Blizzard is already displaying Destiny 2 in their app.
    I would love to see a fps super hero cyborg mmo, which is essentially what Overwatch is, future tech cyborg superhero team. I miss all the fun I had on superhero mmos.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Add hats every year and ignore almost any actual content updates while continuously promising a Pyro update for the last 2-3 years?

TF2 is not where to look for that comparison.
    More has been done than just hats and other items, but that's what people always go back at. As if overwatch is any different with their lootboxes and skins.

I was talking about kind of maps and map type still missing, the PvE 'mann' mode and so on.

More has been done than just hats and other items, but that's what people always go back at. As if overwatch is any different with their lootboxes and skins.

I was talking about kind of maps and map type still missing, the PvE 'mann' mode and so on.
    Those are all from ridiculously long ago.
    Looking at current TF2, it comes nowhere close. They have been hyping up a patch that still hasn't come for years. At least when OW adds new skins, they also add new maps or game modes, and new heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Those are all from ridiculously long ago.
    Looking at current TF2, it comes nowhere close. They have been hyping up a patch that still hasn't come for years. At least when OW adds new skins, they also add new maps or game modes, and new heroes.
    How old is overwatch and how old is TF2? When both games are of the same age we can make the comparison.

I was also looking at the features, not at "who produced the more content or who is going to produce the most content" the reality is TF2 cleared the path, took the risks and Blizzard is now capitalizing on it, what is their good right. But let's be honest here the Blizzard corporation hasn't been risk takers for years and will never be that again due to how big business operate.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I could see them allowing players to create their own hero.

Like offer a mix of abilities, looks and weapons.

Overwatch was supposedly an MMOFPS so the idea is probably there.
    This would be interesting as a different game, but doesn't seem like it fits Overwatch since it has a heavy focus on a cohesive hero identity. Besides having an arbitrary combination of abilities would be much harder to balance.

It would be kind of hilarious to see Blizzard create a better FPS MMO than Destiny.

10+ Year Old Account

Why would they do an Overwatch 2, when the current game is only a year old?

What could overwatch 2 bring to the table that overwatch doesn't already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    It would be kind of hilarious to see Blizzard create a better FPS MMO than Destiny.
    Well if they could do it with an artstyle more compelling than "generic halo-mass effect future" art stye, I'd say they have a leg up.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Overwatch 2.

Turn Overwatch into a yearly release like Call of Duty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if they're gonna try and build an RPG out of Overwatch, I'd hope it was a "post-OW's-return" kind of thing. Do an event in Overwatch, where the team pulls everyone back in officially to deal with a major threat, put out the call for "new heroes", launch the new game alongside. Your character would be YOUR character, not an OW regular, and NOT with the regular's abilities for the most part. Crusader suits, fine. Tracer's time inconsistency? That's unique to Tracer. I'd probably try and introduce some kind of customized system, like "pick three *things* for your hero" where the *things* are cyborg/omnic upgrades, special tech items, or special talents. And give each *thing* an ability/progression tree, and that's how you advance. If you want the cool assault rifle, super-jump leg cybernetics, and a sixth sense for dodging attacks, there you go, that's a hero. Could restrict them to one offense, one defense, one utility, to ensure at least some diversity, too. More a City of Heroes/Villains kind of vibe to character creation than typical MMO stuff.

Art assets - not necessarily relating to a new game. Could be more side stuff like the webcomics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Overwatch 2.

Turn Overwatch into a yearly release like Call of Duty.
    Dude.

Not even for a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be totally down for an MMOFPS like Destiny but in the Overwatch World, where you literally make your own Overwatch/Blackwatch/OMni Member and do things alongside those people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Honestly, if they're gonna try and build an RPG out of Overwatch, I'd hope it was a "post-OW's-return" kind of thing. Do an event in Overwatch, where the team pulls everyone back in officially to deal with a major threat, put out the call for "new heroes", launch the new game alongside. Your character would be YOUR character, not an OW regular, and NOT with the regular's abilities for the most part. Crusader suits, fine. Tracer's time inconsistency? That's unique to Tracer. I'd probably try and introduce some kind of customized system, like "pick three *things* for your hero" where the *things* are cyborg/omnic upgrades, special tech items, or special talents. And give each *thing* an ability/progression tree, and that's how you advance. If you want the cool assault rifle, super-jump leg cybernetics, and a sixth sense for dodging attacks, there you go, that's a hero. Could restrict them to one offense, one defense, one utility, to ensure at least some diversity, too. More a City of Heroes/Villains kind of vibe to character creation than typical MMO stuff.
    Endus basically already lined up exactly what I would do for the game.