How important is marquee for fire?

Can I change it for another legendary or do I have to keep it?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It's a must keep for single target to be competitive with others.

10+ Year Old Account
    How important is Marquee to fire? How important is water to a rose?

That important.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mandatory in almost any actual raid situation
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Once you have the bracers you might as well superglue em to your character cause they should not be coming off again.

Look at logs with bracers

And look at logs without bracers

There is your answer!

Depending on whether you have enough mastery to make running bracers on mistress > running helm, depending on what difficulty, and depending on if you have an offspec.

My last raid

Goroth = Frost
    DI = Fire/bracers/belt -(you could sub hero ring out here and do decent)
    Harj = Fire/bracers/belt -(you could sub helm or hero ring out here if you are on heroic and do decent)
    Mistress = Fire/helm/belt -(I'm only 933, I don't have the mastery to pull off a pure single target rank, but using helm/belt I did 1,580,460 dps and ranked 75% overall and 86% of ilvl. If you have solid mastery and trinkets you can probably beat this with bracers, but you have to know what you are doing when you choose them.)
    Sisters = Frost
    Host = Fire Bracers/Belt(you don't hero on start, so hero ring is slightly less valuable if you are too late into the fight, helm would likely gimp you on this one slightly, so I would say bracers/belt are miles ahead here)
    Maiden = Frost (woot, 99/95 with CS helm on my last kill, bis legos can be overcome by solid play and luck)
    Avatar = Fire bracers/belt(biggest must have as bracers synergize heavily with firestarter and belt shines with two mobs with long sub 30% phases
    KJ = I'm currently running fire bracers/belt, not experienced enough to comment on this one really

So yeah. It's hard to shine without them, and they are best or a solid choice for every boss. Looking at top logs, they are bis on every fight(but as mentioned here, top logs can screw you up if you don't understand them). They are pretty accurate though.

Honestly, belt is > bracers in everything but pure target dummy throughput, they may contribute less to single target, but they contribute heavily to aoe where you have adds sub 30% for ANY time(always snipe a scorch on a sub 30 mob). God mode on trash and let you go super sayajin/negate all movement effects when ANY MOB is sub 30%. Taken for granted, but I would rather lose my bracers than my belt. RNGbracers will screw you up on trash or in world where mobs can die quickly and also when you overkill a 50% mob heavily when you could have just killed it with an instant. Belt helps fire's strength(aoe and movement) bracers crutch our weakness(single target dps) and the crutch of RNG is not ideal when trying to parse and useless many other situations in the game. If I'm not doing a high mythc+ or raiding I rarely use bracers, never take off belt.

Last thing, imho, get a frost offspec.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-09-29 at 03:18 PM.

it feels so great being 9/12 with my fire mage missing, bracers, belt and helm

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    it feels so great being 9/12 with my fire mage missing, bracers, belt and helm
    Ouch, you are the argument against legos in 8.0(or for balancing them better).

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Sadly, they are also the only 3 Fire legendaries that change the way it's played in a meaningful way.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been wanting those bracers the entire expansion and still never got that or the belt

I'm currently running with Helm and Shoulders. Not bad but could be a LOT better
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    How important is Marquee to fire? How important is water to a rose?

That important.
    Doesn't sound too important then, otherwise she would have made more of a damn effort to get Jack on that door.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Doesn't sound too important then, otherwise she would have made more of a damn effort to get Jack on that door.
    GOD DAMN YOU @Swizzle
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    finally have belt, did 300k more dps in gorth than last week. Also i got 66 traits buts belt was the only other difference

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I miss bracers, helm and tw ring!

well that is not the belts work, sure maybe 50k of it might be from belt if u had a utility but belt is no where near 300k prolly just better play/rng

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Well don't really know if you are at the level of change the other legendary i recommend you to ask here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorproc View Post
    well that is not the belts work, sure maybe 50k of it might be from belt if u had a utility but belt is no where near 300k prolly just better play/rng
    Theoretically - yes, for a players who doesn't make any mistake and everything happens according to plan it's not a big deal, but for regular players whose performance varies from 50% to 90% there are two things to consider:
    1) You simply could play better than last try. Even in simulations your DPS varies in 10% from attempt to attempt.
    2) Ability to literally be a wotlk hunter for almost 1/3rd of boss fight that allows you to not be punished by any form of movement.

IMO it's an example of really good legendary - it changes your playstyle and gives you so much utility that it trumps "power" legendaries like hero ring, talent ring, helmet or shoulders
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-10-11 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Theoretically - yes, for a players who doesn't make any mistake and everything happens according to plan it's not a big deal, but for regular players whose performance varies from 50% to 90% there are two things to consider:
    1) You simply could play better than last try. Even in simulations your DPS varies in 10% from attempt to attempt.
    2) Ability to literally be a wotlk hunter for almost 1/3rd of boss fight that allows you to not be punished by any form of movement.

IMO it's an example of really good legendary - it changes your playstyle and gives you so much utility that it trumps "power" legendaries like hero ring, talent ring, helmet or shoulders
    I'd also suggest that the belt helps train you for emergency situations where you need to use scorch for movement above 30%.

Also, the belt is much bigger on aoe fights with adds where you can snipe and basically charge each heating up with scorch which removes RNG and the importance of crit. Execute sniping is vital to building flamestrikes on siz, for example, and on many other bosses.

Finally besides the pure dps increase, it also removes heavy movement requirements. So for example, on avatar, if you don't have the belt, you are gonna have a tougher time dodging tornadoes. On KJ, you may not be able to kite the ball well(and as a fire mage, you can kite the ball EXCELLENTLY) and keep up dps without the belt.

The belt is huge. I'd take hero ring/belt over bracers/hero ring for my personal taste(even if it was a dps loss).

If you imagine the bracers to be unavoidably vital(which I do), then I don't understand why you wouldn't consider a frost offspec to be the most vital piece of "gear" you can give your character(which I do). Frost does quite well on he bosses where fire flounders, and fire dominates some others + progression, so really do both.

On progression I will generally run hero ring + bracers if we hero on pull and aren't consistently getting to sub 30%.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-10-11 at 01:18 PM.

As Fire you keep it. It is 100% necessary to play Fire. Period.