Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I'll never understand this "selfish" label when this kinda thing happens.
    I Think the reasoning is something along the lines of what about your family and loved ones.. which in itself is selfish on their part.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    wouldn't it also be selfish for the family to want the guy to stick around while in torment the rest of his life so they don't feel bad?
    Its not about feeling bad, the guy could have seen how things went, he would have had a family getting him all the help he needed to see through the tough times and would have hopefully got over it, but instead he didn't have the will to even try. If he went through all the help and still couldn't see any reason to live, then maybe it would be different and im sure the parents would understand more.

Its selfish because your adding more pain on to others who cared about you just because you couldn't handle it. I just don't agree with suicide unless its for specific reasons such as illness or if you are alone and have noone to upset over doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    He lived his life according to himself till the end. That's more than most people accomplish. While a stranger to me, he's still a grown man who made a decision harder than anything 90% of people will ever have to face, I respect that.
    He took the cowards way out the easy way.
    Last edited by Skandulous; 2017-10-12 at 01:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tennisace with the really important issues! I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    It takes a man of conviction to decide his time is over when he decides it is. Put a gun against your head and think about how hard that decision is because to every single suicide victim, at that time, they removed themselves from the world because they wanted to. That's more heroic than any decision you'll have to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    I think ending your life is the most difficult decision you could ever make, takes some balls of steel going through with it.

If only the guy had eaten himself to death like the rest of us Americans. What a waste!

their lives their choice
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I think ending your life is the most difficult decision you could ever make, takes some balls of steel going through with it.
    I think they mean they think it's easier to end your problems by ending your life then it is to try to remain alive and attempt to fix your problems that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me either. But I also dont understand these incels who project blame and morality onto people who get laid.

Survivors guilt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Tenni, you should write their families a letter to inform them of how you feel about it. I'm sure they would appreciate it.
    Um no. They are survivors. It is a very difficult period for them.

Normal people like us can not even fathom the mind of people like this. Could you imagine quitting a top ranked university to live in a van in Yosemite, eat other people left over food at Yosemite restaurants, just to climb rock walls every day? I can't.

In 2016, Medical University of South Carolina put Alex Honnold in an MRI machine while running a battery of psychological tests. They expect that he would have a very high threshold of fear, low threshold of boredom, high degree of perseverance, impulsive, thrill seeking and sensation seeking. However, the result of the reward test was even more surprising. He is probably one of the few person in the world that does not care about money, fame and eroticism. Alex Honnold climbs because he truly love climbing. Not for the financial gain or recognition or female fans it brought him.

Here is a short 13 minute film about climbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Yqum9FhyGkQ
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2017-10-12 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What did they survive?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    They would hate you for posting this thread then - making alien people who have no clue who they or the victims are mourning. That's mourning about phantoms.

It's what she would have wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    It's what she would have wanted.
    Uhh how do you know this?

That escalated quickly

Edit: also, tennis, refuges put their lives at risk when crossing the borders for the hope of a better life, are you also against that?
    Last edited by Leyre; 2017-10-12 at 11:17 PM.