Thread: Improvements...

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Improvements...

If you could improve, change, add or erase anything from the game, what would it be? Would you add the Vrykul, remove the new PvP system. Improve race characteristics or change something.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

I would add a kfc store into wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I would add a kfc store into wow
    Hmmm, a new way to get gold... Sounds good to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove the new PvP templates and revert to the old form of PvP balance (X ability does Y% less/more to players engaged in PvP), with ilvl scaling for gear in instanced PvP to keep the playing field level.

There are 3 major problems with the template system.

1. It doesn't work out in the game world, or in duels, the old system does.

2. It doesn't allow any character customization through gear (choosing secondary stats), the old system does.

3. It's primary method of damage tuning is to adjust Strength, Agility, and Intellect, this works adequately for reducing damage but it has a side effect, any heals or absorbs which scale off that same stat also get nerfed... A spec, like Ret for example, that gets a Strength reduction because it's doing too much damage also gets a nerf to their survivability, because all of their absorbs and heals also scale off of Strength, this is very bad... The old system doesn't have this problem.

Templates were a valiant effort but they failed spectacularly, the old system accomplishes the same thing with none of the drawbacks, and should be reverted to.

Second choice would be armor dye. For every color on a piece of armor, add a dye slot to change all sections with that color to another.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-10-12 at 02:37 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Add NPC romance/dating system.

I'd put more options in transmogs;
    Shoulders - hide left, right or both.
    Robes - vest option (just torso skin.)
    Pants - stretch to kilts (compare rogue and druid tier 9 legs.)
    1h weapons - choose hip or back.
    Daggers - mog to fists (also update dagger skills to be used with fist weapons.)

forced world level scaling, make it an option for those that want it, and off for those that don't.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Hahahahaha, very good if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife that plays WoW with you. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'd put more options in transmogs;
    Shoulders - hide left, right or both.
    Robes - vest option (just torso skin.)
    Pants - stretch to kilts (compare rogue and druid tier 9 legs.)
    1h weapons - choose hip or back.
    Daggers - mog to fists (also update dagger skills to be used with fist weapons.)
    I like this idea too. Make gear and looks more diverse.

I would completely remake professions and turn them into an extremely hardcore part of the game.

Rather than just something any character can pick up, you would need to level a profession-based character from scratch, because going into the profession would directly take away from your combat potential. A crafter would be its own specialized form of character. Raising your skill would require a lot of patience, dedication and investment.

Common mats (copper, leystone, etc) would produce white items, rarer materials would produce greens, and then blue + would be produced from special recipes and rare mats from dungeons and the like. These mats (not soulbound) would have a chance to drop for anyone (very, very low). So you might do a dungeon and a boss might drop a special ingot or a gem, or whatever, and you could potentially sell it, or potentially take it to a crafter yourself to get a very nice item out of it. Crafters brought into dungeons would dramatically increase the drop-rate of such items for their given profession, but it would still not be guaranteed.

Things like class and race would have small effects on the items you produce, changing damage type of proc effects, or shifting tertiary/secondary stats, etc. And occasionally quests (particularly more challenging or involved quest chains) would require the skills of a particular profession to create a quest item, or repair it, or what not.

Rather than just a side thing you can do quickly on an alt for some gold, it would be an alternate way to play the game with its style of advancement, in a sort of support role for raiders and the general player base. Sufficiently tedious and investment heavy that it wouldn't be rewarding for most people, but would be for people who enjoy that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I would completely remake professions and turn them into an extremely hardcore part of the game.

Rather than just something any character can pick up, you would need to level a profession-based character from scratch, because going into the profession would directly take away from your combat potential. A crafter would be its own specialized form of character. Raising your skill would require a lot of patience, dedication and investment.

Common mats (copper, leystone, etc) would produce white items, rarer materials would produce greens, and then blue + would be produced from special recipes and rare mats from dungeons and the like. These mats (not soulbound) would have a chance to drop for anyone (very, very low). So you might do a dungeon and a boss might drop a special ingot or a gem, or whatever, and you could potentially sell it, or potentially take it to a crafter yourself to get a very nice item out of it. Crafters brought into dungeons would dramatically increase the drop-rate of such items for their given profession, but it would still not be guaranteed.

Things like class and race would have small effects on the items you produce, changing damage type of proc effects, or shifting tertiary/secondary stats, etc. And occasionally quests (particularly more challenging or involved quest chains) would require the skills of a particular profession to create a quest item, or repair it, or what not.

Rather than just a side thing you can do quickly on an alt for some gold, it would be an alternate way to play the game with its style of advancement, in a sort of support role for raiders and the general player base. Sufficiently tedious and investment heavy that it wouldn't be rewarding for most people, but would be for people who enjoy that kind of thing.
    Love it!!! Only makes things better. Hardcore professions, YES!!!

These kinds of threads have ALWAYS been popular.

Bravo there OP, for making a nice constructive thread.

I want some more time to think about this before I respond, since it is so open ended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Remove the new PvP templates
    This is one I want to see for sure.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    If we are gonna keep the lorewise powercreep and become warchief or something, it is only fitting that our character is able to date sylvanas or magatha

WHAT AN IDEA LOL!!! I love it on some level for sure!!! Crafters that are basically specialized non-combat characters???!!! Genius, it really is, I have to say.

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Would your crafters be able to dungeon/raid/pvp? Like, would they be able to make up for their lack of offensive skills by crafting unique super weapons or something?

I'd re-instate:
    -all the pruned abilities
    -rpg elements
    -reforging
    -hybrid tax
    -hunter dead zone
    -talent trees
    -10 man raiding

I'd remove:
    -LFR
    -Flying
    -excess RNG elements
    -server sharding
    -CRZ
    -Blizz store
    -split raiding

I'd fix/change:
    -professions
    -battleground matchmaking so that both teams ALWAYS have equal amount of healers
    -server imbalance. I'd merge a shit load of servers together, mega servers if possible

I'd add:
    -Mythic-raiding-level dungeons with no timer attached to its reward system
    -Way more battlegrounds/arenas
    -All the store mounts into the game to be obtained by actually playing the game

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I'd re-instate:
    -rpg elements
    -reforging
    -hybrid tax
    -hunter dead zone
    -talent trees
    -10 man raiding

I'd remove:
    -LFR
    -Flying
    -excess RNG elements
    -server sharding
    -CRZ
    -Blizz store
    -split raiding

I'd fix/change:
    -professions
    -battleground matchmaking so that both teams ALWAYS have equal amount of healers
    -server imbalance. I'd merge a shit load of servers together, mega servers if possible

I'd add:
    I agree with a LOT of what you said here.

You are one of the elite there, since you are CLEARLY a TRULY hardcore player, as am I.

So many people can't understand the no flying one AT ALL, but then again lol, most of the players are as soft as ice cream!!!
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-10-12 at 03:00 AM.

I’d bring back the hunter dead zone so hunters actually have to think about shit. Also give them wing clip and the proper utility needed to deal with it of course.

I’d bring back divine intervention (the old version) because it was fun for trolling. I’d bring back seals, seal swapping could be a fun and interesting mechanic if done right. I’d also bring back Sacred Shield, loved this ability.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I'd re-instate:
    -rpg elements
    -reforging
    -hybrid tax
    -hunter dead zone
    -talent trees
    -10 man raiding

I'd remove:
    -LFR
    -Flying
    -excess RNG elements
    -server sharding
    -CRZ
    -Blizz store
    -split raiding

I'd fix/change:
    -professions

I'd add:
    What's wrong with Flying, and the Blizz Store. I reckon there should be ways to get mounts, pets, etc. in-game but you can also get them in Blizz Store, for varying prices depending on rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    What's wrong with Flying.
    Speaking of not understanding lol....