Thread: Improvements...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Keep the new PvP prestige system make it account wide, bring back prestigious Honor PvP based titles that are exclusive to each character (similar to vanilla high warlord farm - with exclusive character xmog).

Remove template system, and bring back gem slots.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Do you mean "Pristine" (as in clean) or "Prestige" (as special, important)? Or is "Prestine" a sort of portmanteau of both?
    (He means "Pristine", this was the term Blizzard used when talking about a possible feature kind of like classic servers, it is googleable.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

That's the thing though - for "full-time crafter" to work as a class, you really need a solidly sandbox (rather than theme park) game, and players need to be reliant on them to some extent. If you drew games on a spectrum, WoW would be pretty far towards the "theme park" end of it, and early SWG pretty far into "sandbox".
    Trust me I know, it's not really anything I think could work in WoW without a serious overhaul. WoW is the poster child for Theme Park, and for me at least SWG is pretty much the poster child for Sandbox.

If someone could ever figure out how to blend the two properly I would be one happy dude.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    (He means "Pristine", this was the term Blizzard used when talking about a possible feature kind of like classic servers, it is googleable.)
    Yep! That's what I meant, probably too tired to go into depth about what Blizzard said about it though...

As far as I remember, most of what TheWorkingTitle was asking for had been brought up to some degree or another in terms of these servers... Unfortunately for those who want vanilla, they would still be current content, if I am remembering right.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Aha I see the actual quote is

Quote Originally Posted by J Allen Brack of Blizzard
    So what can we do to capture that nostalgia of when WoW first launched? Over the years we have talked about a “pristine realm”. In essence that would turn off all leveling acceleration including character transfers, heirloom gear, character boosts, Recruit-A-Friend bonuses, WoW Token, and access to cross realm zones, as well as group finder. We aren’t sure whether this version of a clean slate is something that would appeal to the community and it’s still an open topic of discussion.
    I rather suspect this would end up as I described, but hey, you never know.

Bit confusing as to how they'd "turn off WoW Token". I guess what he means is, you couldn't buy gold on that server. You could still sell it on other ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    -All the store mounts into the game to be obtained by actually playing the game
    already possible. then again you dont play the game anymore....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    I would return to making proving grounds mandatory for all queued content, and I would make Gold rank necessary to queue for LFR.
    It would just keep things running smoothly.
    no it wouldnt silly snowflake. besides you do Gold and only do lfr? whats wrong with you?

Argus is a great zone because you don't even miss flying, it's limited enough that you don't feel like it's too big and there are quick travel ports fuckin everywhere. Replace flying with quick travel and the game would be just as good.
    So flying is bad cause people see the scenarie so lets use teleports instead?

Flying also ruins world pvp. Fuck that.
    look we found the ganking sheep of this thread....

Unlike most others, I'd actually prefer the PvP templates to stay, yet be expanded on. Let me explain:

- Allow templates in duel specific zones or;
    - Possibly activate them during /duels.
    - The possible exploits is rather limited I think, and most people would not bother.
    - Worst case scenario of exploits, add it to the ToS and give warnings to exploiters.

- Add reforging for PvP templates.
    - Are you playing a Warlock, and would like to try a low crit, heavy haste build? - You can re-arrange your stats to your liking.
    - This will be limited within the PvP-templates so you have X amount of stats to re-distribute.

I actually really like the PvP templates, as it allows my newly leveled alts to contribute in battlegrounds after I have done a few wquests and unlocked Concordance (which takes like no time at all these days). This is something that we have never been able to do in previous expansions, and it was tedius to honor farm for a week or so to be somewhat competitive in BGs. With the addition of reforging you will have a lot more freedom to costumize your character to your liking.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

Deleted
    Considering it is subjective what makes the game better this isn't that easy to answer. But basically I would change everything beside the transmog system.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Add NPC romance/dating system.
    And Sylvanas becomes the tramp of Azeroth.

I would remove all CC and make it impossible for people to fag away from a fight, one way or another.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I would completely remake professions and turn them into an extremely hardcore part of the game.

Rather than just something any character can pick up, you would need to level a profession-based character from scratch, because going into the profession would directly take away from your combat potential. A crafter would be its own specialized form of character. Raising your skill would require a lot of patience, dedication and investment.

Common mats (copper, leystone, etc) would produce white items, rarer materials would produce greens, and then blue + would be produced from special recipes and rare mats from dungeons and the like. These mats (not soulbound) would have a chance to drop for anyone (very, very low). So you might do a dungeon and a boss might drop a special ingot or a gem, or whatever, and you could potentially sell it, or potentially take it to a crafter yourself to get a very nice item out of it. Crafters brought into dungeons would dramatically increase the drop-rate of such items for their given profession, but it would still not be guaranteed.

Things like class and race would have small effects on the items you produce, changing damage type of proc effects, or shifting tertiary/secondary stats, etc. And occasionally quests (particularly more challenging or involved quest chains) would require the skills of a particular profession to create a quest item, or repair it, or what not.

Rather than just a side thing you can do quickly on an alt for some gold, it would be an alternate way to play the game with its style of advancement, in a sort of support role for raiders and the general player base. Sufficiently tedious and investment heavy that it wouldn't be rewarding for most people, but would be for people who enjoy that kind of thing.
    i could get down with that. but in general id just like tos ee crafting stay relevant. armor skills are useless after forst tier of raid opens. and world quests for gear make professions completely pointless after teh forst month of play. u sed to make a lot of coin selling armor. now i barelyt eek by selling mats as they are so flooded and my jc and chanter cant keep up with gold farmer.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Deleted
    I'd reinvent the talent system to be more in line with what we used to have, but modernized and carry over as many of the pro's of the current (and other MMO's their) system(s) in an effort to put some of the RPG back in to MMO for WoW.

Deleted
    I would return to making proving grounds mandatory for all queued content, and I would make Gold rank necessary to queue for LFR.

It would just keep things running smoothly. It's also nice for players who don't know their class well enough to perform to get a nice wake up call that it's time to get gud, at least good enough for gold.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the kind of shit I like because of how it shames people, but will never happen because it shames people.

It would do a lot for the game in terms of feedback though.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the most 2nd grade sentence I've ever seen.

Flying is great, but people complaining whenever they don't have flying is shitty and needs to stop. Flying is also a luxury and isn't necessary for the game to be good.

Argus is a great zone because you don't even miss flying, it's limited enough that you don't feel like it's too big and there are quick travel ports fuckin everywhere. Replace flying with quick travel and the game would be just as good.

Flying also ruins world pvp. Fuck that.
    blizz doesnt care for wpvp, but for all i care they can disable it on pvp realms if they give me a free transfer of my toons. And no imo argus is not a great zone,even if i had flying argus still wouldnt be great zone and i prefer flying over teleports cause i can go where i want, i see the world and i get to use my mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    A system that also rewards persistence and commitment, instead of strictly relying on RNG.

Example;

For mounts off raids or dungeons, either raise the chance by 1% each week upon failure of mount being dropped... or have a fragment of the mount where upon collecting, say, 50 fragments (i.e. 50 weeks) will give you the mount.
    I like this idea ^^

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I'd re-instate:
    -all the pruned abilities
    -rpg elements
    -reforging
    -hybrid tax
    -hunter dead zone
    -talent trees
    -10 man raiding

I'd remove:
    -LFR
    -Flying
    -excess RNG elements
    -server sharding
    -CRZ
    -Blizz store
    -split raiding

I'd fix/change:
    -professions
    -battleground matchmaking so that both teams ALWAYS have equal amount of healers
    -server imbalance. I'd merge a shit load of servers together, mega servers if possible

I'd add:
    -Mythic-raiding-level dungeons with no timer attached to its reward system
    -Way more battlegrounds/arenas
    -All the store mounts into the game to be obtained by actually playing the game
    id play the shit out of this game.

even if they somehow could conjure up seperate 'hardcore' servers for stuff like this, id be in.
    (but theyd need to rework to so much stuff, like extra abilities being balanced and end game content as well. It would just be easier to make it base game, unless blizz would hire a dedicated team for it...)
    Last edited by digichi; 2017-10-12 at 04:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remove LFR & Mythic Raid Difficulties but Add Ulduar-style Hard Modes to Heroic Raids
    Remove Loot from Mythic+ Dungeons but Improve Weekly Mythic+ Chest Loot
    Remove Tertiary Stats but Add Defensive Stats as a new, non-RNG stat category, that does not compete with Secondary stats, in order to finally start fixing PvP.
    Remove Cosmetics/Pets/Mounts from the Blizzard Store but Add them as in-game drops/rewards.
    Remove Faction Restrictions - Alliance vs Horde is pure bullshit since the end of MoP.
    Improve the Mount System in order to make both Flying and Ground Mounts simultaneously relevant in all open world content - present and future.
    Improve Weekly Mythic+ Chest and Emissary Cache to be Account-Wide (complete on 1 character, receive rewards on all elegible).
    Improve Gold Missions and Gold World Quests but Change them to Account-Wide (complete on 1 character = complete Account-Wide)
    Change Order Resources to Account-Wide.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-10-12 at 04:36 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

I really think CRZ should go YO, since it's just so messed up, and then on top of that, it makes the social aspects of wow much less than they used to be in my opinion.

Your rep on a SERVER USED to matter, but it just doesn't seem to anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Keep the new PvP prestige system make it account wide, bring back prestigious Honor PvP based titles that are exclusive to each character (similar to vanilla high warlord farm - with exclusive character xmog).

Remove template system, and bring back gem slots.
    What the hell is the point of prestige if it's account wide lol???

Oh right, it allows you to reroll to the most OP specs, and still have your prestige (THAT YOU DON'T DESERVE!) as balance changes come!!!
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-10-12 at 07:55 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Ignorant viewpoint, bashing those as wanting flying as "not hardcore". Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    It's not that there is something "wrong" with flying, but rather that I personally feel that the game would be "better" if it wasn't even in the game anymore.

I know this sounds extreme, but it really does make you encounter players FAR MORE out in the world to NOT be flying around way up high in the air, where you can't even be attacked really.

The reason many don't like the idea, is because it then becomes much harder to escape from say.......myself lol!!!

It's already hard enough to escape from me as it is OK.......so ya, I can understand why people don't want to be ground bound around me.

How about become more hardcore there y'all???
    Ground travel due to the original design and accessibility of the content flying is a choice.
    You can still use your ground mount if you want.
    Pro-fliers arent demanding that flying becomes a necessity for content, that ground mounts can't reach the necessary places.
    Yet ant-fliers are often demanding that we get an option removed.
    Hugely arrogant that is.

Pathfinder is blizzard's idea of having experienced most of what the content has to offer.
    There is after that completion nothing to be gained from continued grounding.
    Instead of the typical, and cowardly assumption we just want to do the same things quicker, consider that for myself flying lets me actually seek more.

Forced interactions as per a requirement, or simply more likely does not improve the game.
    Daily heroic in Dalaran did that, and most dungeon runs went by with barely half a dozen words said.
    Because proximity alone, interaction alone is not positive unless players want it to be.
    Player choices make the game social, not simply because they are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'd put more options in transmogs;
    Shoulders - hide left, right or both.
    Robes - vest option (just torso skin.)
    Pants - stretch to kilts (compare rogue and druid tier 9 legs.)
    1h weapons - choose hip or back.
    Daggers - mog to fists (also update dagger skills to be used with fist weapons.)
    All of these things, especially the sheathing options.

-All 1h weapons can become any other 1h weapon.
    -All 2h weapons can become any other 2h weapon (we already have plate that looks like cloth and cloth that looks like plate, let casters create a unique melee look if they want and vice-versa).
    -Hide gloves.
    -Hide bracers.
    -Hide chest (so we can see shirts, or...if you just don't want a chest piece visible, like many orc NPCs and others).
    -Make robes and dresses animate more like cloth when moving, falling, swimming, etc.
    -Make plate armor pieces move and settle a little like they have weight as characters move.
    -Let us adjust the hue of armor and weapon textures with a hue wheel.
    -Less stupid offhands for casters. All I use are the crystalline shields from WoD pvp sets and the tesseract timepiece. I'd like some more shield-esque options for my fire mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would slow down levelling and turn it into a major aspect of the game, comparable to endgame itself.

Heirlooms could stay, but with no experience bonus and stats nerfed to be sometimes better than normal questing gear. Their benefit comes from scaling with you and not having to be replaced.
    Each level now requires 4x the experience.
    Buff all mobs from level 1-110 by, say, 50% damage and health. Maybe more.
    Dungeons do not give bonus experience for completion, neither do BGs.

Oh, and early Cata heroics difficulty for every dungeon and raid. CC on every mob pack. I think that is what actually forces social interaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd re-instate: RMAH instead of this Token shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    I would slow down levelling and turn it into a major aspect of the game, comparable to endgame itself.

Heirlooms could stay, but with no experience bonus and stats nerfed to be sometimes better than normal questing gear. Their benefit comes from scaling with you and not having to be replaced.
    Each level now requires 4x the experience.
    Buff all mobs from level 1-110 by, say, 50% damage and health. Maybe more.
    Dungeons do not give bonus experience for completion, neither do BGs.

Oh, and early Cata heroics difficulty for every dungeon and raid. CC on every mob pack. I think that is what actually forces social interaction.
    if 1thign exp bonus from looms should stay, theyre ment to speed up lvling.