Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What are your favorite memories about WoW?

What are your favorite memories about WoW?

Mine come from vanilla and BC, and they have to do not with the game at all but with the community, the social element. My favorite memories are things like when I ran the top PvP horde "guild" on my server in vanilla (I say guild in quotes because we weren't a formal guild but more a group from various guilds that got together in a custom channel because Wow doesn't support circles) and we were playing the top pvp guild in warsong gultch and we just stopped in the middle of the match and hung out and used the moonwells as saunas and just chilled and goofed off. I enjoyed how when you levelled,usually there were people on your faction and the other faction that were leveling roughly at the same speed as you and they went to the same zones, so I'd see the same levelers in STV and then in badlands or zangarmarsh to terrokar or wherever. The same guy might help me multiple times killing various elites, or the same opposite faction guy might pvp me in multiple zones over the several days. I remember the afternoon when the gates of AQ were opened, and the other faction used that event as an opportunity to raid Orgrimmar because all of the best players would obviously not be in town during that event and they slaughtered everything. I remember in BC I assembled the first pug clear for Karazhan on my server and detailed the fun of assembling the team to clearing all the mobs in a running thread on the realm forum and people would read along and comment. (We even had Attumens mount drop of all things).

I don't have any fond memories of Legion. Its just kill mobs, get loot, whatever.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-10-12 at 11:40 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically the whole of Vanilla, from starting my Night Elf Druid, and questing (grinding) all the way to 60, and finally progressing through Molten Core + Everything was new and exiting.

Earlier in the expansion, we (Hydra) camped Stormwind for a couple hours. Did some bar crawling in and around killing dickboy Anduin. I mean, there really is nothing the Alliance can do when Horde puts their mind to something.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    everything before cataclysm

When it was rewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have too many, really. And that is from all versions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The first time my old guild killed Yogg-Saron. I believe we were server third. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Earlier in the expansion, we (Hydra) camped Stormwind for a couple hours. Did some bar crawling in and around killing dickboy Anduin. I mean, there really is nothing the Alliance can do when Horde puts their mind to something.
    Well.. except you know. End you.

I have a few from all over the expansions, from my time as a newb in vanilla to some in even this expansion. They are mine though you can have my thoughts you memory vampire. Thought you had me fooled didn’t you?!

Loads, but a few things that stand out:

- Exploring the world back in the vanilla beta. The actual launch was a bit of mess (lots of lag), but in the beta you could roam around quite freely, and the world itself was just incredible. Such a well crafted world leading to a lot of "ooooh" and "wooah" moments.

- Finally getting the full marshal gear for my Paladin in vanilla. Even today that armor set looks cool.

- Getting to level 70 in TBC and then getting my hands on a gryphon. The sense of freedom was incredible, even though I could only afford the cheap version of flying. I only managed to scrape together enough gold for the fast one later in the expansion.

- Mount Hyjal. As a big WC3 fan, it felt really cool to basically play through the final level of WC3 from a different point of view.

- Server first Illidan was pretty cool.

- Getting Immortal in Naxxramas. We spent way too long on that, so it felt good when it finally happened.

- Lich King. No doubt that was a big moment. I also got one of the server's first Shadowmourne, which felt pretty cool.

- Initial exploration of the world after Cataclysm. Interesting to see all the changes.

- Exploring Pandaria. I was never a huge fan of the panda theme or the "sha" stuff, but I still found Pandaria to be a great location. In terms of actual landscape and such, I still prefer it to what we got in WoD and Legion.

- Getting and building my garrison. I agree that the consequences over time was a bit of a let down, but initially it felt sweet.

- Getting Ashbringer. I don't actually main Retribution, but that particular weapon still feels a bit cooler than most of the others.
    Last edited by Maylander; 2017-10-12 at 01:28 PM.

When we had the original wow forums not this millenials minimalistic shit and horde and alliance players actually bashed each other all the time not fight some annoying enemies.

I remember vanilla fondly, the game made sense to me back then.

I don't really think anything after it makes me miss the game at all. Surely I enjoyed wotlk and tbc etc but definitely not enough to remember it and say i wish i was back.

Doing things with my guild when we were active and alive. When crapaclysm hit the guild fell apart and most of my guild members cancelled their subs. MY guild started out as an all paladin guild but thanks to the shitty holy power and other stupid changes they left the game. Every so often one will come back to test the water. They last anywhere from 3-28 days before they leave again. But back then we had so much fun. Guild chat was always a riot, and raiding was always shenanigans. In my last house my office was in my basement. The room next to it had a sump pump that would constantly flush (dumb asses build my house ion a flood zone). I used to piss in my sump pump because it was close and one night I forgot to take my head set off so my whole guild had to listen to me take a piss. After that it became part of routine. Sometimes I'd leave mid boss fight to do it, just to hear them laugh. Laughter makes for some good nostalgia.

Deleted
    The back and forth fighting between Horde and Aliance in Ashenvale. I used to love hunting down my enemies back in vanila <3

- Exploring the continent as a complete newbie. Those first 10 hours of playing were great. Navigation was a mess, so you never knew where you'd end up.
    - Every memory of TBC ties in to the well made graphics. Visually very beautiful expansion.
    - Running Karazhan and Gruul back when it was relevant :P
    - Farming AV during TBC. Non-stop. No need to run other BG's before achievements.
    - Whirldwind quest as a warrior. Tanaris. Zul' Farrak, Sunken temple, Scholomance. All had a great story to tell. 40-60 leveling was definitely favourite.
    - Winterspring frostsaber and Timbermaw hold grind. Stratholme mount runs and disenchanting loot. Farming ZG for mounts on my hunter by evading melee of the Raptor boss.
    - Isle of Quel'Danas.
    - Following Athene and the "scene". Warcraftmovies!
    - Making a fortune by mining in Icecrown citadel. That zone.
    - Ulduar was great. And dual-wielding Armageddon's as a warrior.

That's after I stopped playing seriously (3.2).
    There was something very special about TBC. Early wrath was great as well. I hated school and played 24/7 those expansions.
    /personalopinions
    Last edited by patuxz; 2017-10-12 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on what aspect of the game:

1) Being new to the game:

Stumbling onto the ship in Ratchet and landing in Stranglethorn for the first time, as a ~ lvl 13. THE DUDES THERE HAD SKULLS FOR A LEVEL!!! They came straight for me out of nowhere and gave me quite a scare (and murdered me several times). The sense of danger and the world being HUGE was quite overwhelming then.

2) Raiding:

My first ever raid. Karazhan. I did absolutely everything wrong you could be doing wrong, but I loved it. Plus it got me an Epic for my Enhancement Shammy (which truly felt epic). Let's pretend it wasn't the 2h axe from the opera event no one else wanted. :P

The first LK kill for my 10 man group. Sends chills down my spine just thinking of it.

3) Social

Friday nights vodka nights.

Doing weird shit with guildies like race drunk (char and/or IRL) using only arrow keys around the lake next to Undercity, hide & seek in Dalaran or play dodge ball in Onyxia's Lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Well.. except you know. End you.
    One Orc ended him fairly easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

being a noob and all in MC and asking the warrior officer in my guild if the next time the obsidian edged sword would drop if I could get it because I am into pvp and stuff. (we had no DKP system or whatsoever. there was a class officer for each class and they were deciding within themselves who received loot. for this reason there was sometimes a bit of rivalry for weapons and stuff)

Few weeks later when we kill Garr I see the sword in the corpse. He gave me his word but I was unsure if the other class officers were ok with this...
    While we are all sitting there waiting for the officers to distribute the loot I receive a PM from this guy saying "GG!!!!!!!!!!" and a few seconds later the sword is in my bag. I was sooo happy

Wrath. Being new to the game and not having a clue what the hell to do. Just wandered aimlessly at first like I did with all my MMOs before that.

Cata. Getting my first Heroic kill on Morchok. Not exactly a hard boss but at the time it meant something to me. Oh and Transmog. Finally being able to stop looking like a clown was awesome. Got to use the FL Shaman and Hunter tiers which were two of my favorite back then.

Mists. Getting my full Siege Heroic/Mythic clear. First time I cleared a raid on Heroic/Mythic and got a taste of that kind of full on raiding. Which ironically made me step down. Not because I disliked it but more to do with the environment and player attitude.

WoD...... Now while not a good expansion the leveling zones and Nagrand story still stick in my head today. It arguably had the best leveling zones of any expansion in my personal opinion.

Legion. Karazhan. I never got to see it as a raid when it was current but they have done the dungeon absolute justice from what I've seen from the videos of the raid. Argus is pretty cool as well and nice to run around similar to Timeless Isle. So after this expansion I'd say those are the memories I would keep.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-12 at 03:26 PM.

Tanking Karazhan with my Paladin - I was so excited and happy when it worked because back then Palas where not considered real tanks only heal bots.

I still enjoy the BC starting zone and music. It felt special and epic back then. Most "romantic" memories are from BC - I had tons of fun with around 15 RL friends in our guild.

A complete Karazhan raid with all people drunk talking shit on teamspeak. Those where the best times...