Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I don't think it's possible right now but imagine the shit blizzard will get if we can't do that in the future?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah okay that makes more sense.
    yea thats true that would be a big shitstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Ofc anything is possible however blizzard will almost never release a new class after recently adding one in the last expansion.

1) balancing issues, wow already has major balance issues and it increases every time a new class is added so they try to balance it out over 2 expansions time before adding another class yet again.
    2) variety, last expansion they added a class so the probability of adding a new race instead is higher for the sake of variety / change / marketing.
    mop we got both a class and race

cata we got 2 races

wod we got 10 races (if you count the remodel)

they don't really hold to a pattern, so its not something I'd focus on

10+ Year Old Account
    Mail/bow/rdps = void hunter, like dark ranger but Alleria.

Too close to hunter though

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    mop we got both a class and race

cata we got 2 races

wod we got 10 races (if you count the remodel)

they don't really hold to a pattern, so its not something I'd focus on
    True on the races pattern, but on the classes pattern its been fixed.
    TBC= nothing, wrath = DK, Cata= nothing, MOP=monk, WOD= nothing, Legion = DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    True on the races pattern, but on the classes pattern its been fixed.
    TBC= nothing, wrath = DK, Cata= nothing, MOP=monk, WOD= nothing, Legion = DH.
    Until legion, it was always 3 spec classes though.

3+0+3=6, 2+2+2+=6

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    They do have dual wielding now.
    No they don't. Druids don't have the dual wield passive. The Feral and Bear weapons essentially act as a 2 handed weapon, but they can be transmogged appropriately to their type.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting theory but I just don't see how it would work with Shadow Priests being a thing. Thematically they are very similar, more so than DHs and Warlocks. But a new class two xpacs in a row would be sweet and a new range one at that? Sign me up

Quote Originally Posted by spacebuddha View Post
    i never tried it but can you actually transmog normal weapons to the appearances of the artifact weapons?
    Not currently, but the plan is to have most artifact appearances still available to be earned post-legion.
    You should be able to use those you have earned, and still earn most of those you have not.
    However they are likely to at least be class-specific still, though not stated if spec specific.

The current stated exceptions Mythic+ 15, and Mage Tower appearances.
    However if you have the base appearance, the colour variants of the Mage Tower appearances will remain available to earn post Legion.

This is what blizzard stated quite recently, at least being the current plan.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-10-12 at 07:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Blizz never said they don't want neutral races. That was Ghostcrawler tweeting he didn't like the idea, but Blizzard was open to giving everyone access to an undefined race.

Players reacted negatively to Pandaren, because they didn't fit. Then everyone perceived neutral races to have bad reception, despite the contrary.
    Pandaren are not neutral. Neutral race implies not joining a faction. Neutral means neither side.

Starting neutral-races can absolutely happen again. Pandaren weren't poorly received due to being neutral and choosing a faction, but rather due to manchildren taking issue with humanoid pandas entering their manly and utterly serious PG 12 game...

Nah. Shadow hunter is a possibility though. And I can see a panda thing happening, with a neutral race with a class tied in through lore.

Deleted
    Sorry who is assuming Locus-Walker is going to be a racial leader?

Lore-wise Ethereal are one of the easiest races to add onto any faction. They are a highly divided people split into many groups and have been shown to have two primary motivations (the 'good' Ethereals at-least) to make profit and defeat the void. It would be simple to invent a new group and use these motivations to tie them to a faction. You really don't need Locus-walker for this. Most new races have been a lore ass pull, introducing a new faction out of no where. BE are the only real race added in who had a strong lore grounding in both wow and Warcraft 2 to 3. (Biglewater being pulled from non-canon lore books and all of gilneaus being worgen i consider relative ass pulls)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Starting neutral-races can absolutely happen again. Pandaren weren't poorly received due to being neutral and choosing a faction, but rather due to manchildren taking issue with humanoid pandas entering their manly and utterly serious PG 12 game...
    Truth
    /10chars
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2017-10-12 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    No they don't. Druids don't have the dual wield passive. The Feral and Bear weapons essentially act as a 2 handed weapon, but they can be transmogged appropriately to their type.
    Interesting. My guess (hope) is that they will allow Feral and Guardian to dual wield daggers and fist weapons in a future patch. It only makes sense now...

Ethereals are rad and would love to have them as a playable race. Also any new class is welcome so long as it's not melee dps.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Pandaren are not neutral. Neutral race implies not joining a faction. Neutral means neither side.
    Not in the context of this thread. OP is referring to races starting neutral and dipping into either faction.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-10-13 at 12:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    People think the Naga or Ethereals will be a new race next expansion based on their presence. But it's a hard decision for Blizz do to. I mean they don't want to do another neutral class, I don't see the Naga being accepted into the Alliance. So that would be Ethereal for Alliance cause of Allerias interaction with Locus-Walker, and Naga for horde. But that would piss off people on both sides.

But I got to thinking, if Locus-Walker has an entire population of Ethereals to have join us as a playable race, why is he so discouraged on finding anyone on Argus who can use void like he does.

Because he is the only one of his kind. This does not include the Consortium, who couldn't care less. Locus-Walker is alone, trying to find people he can teach his powers to, and found no one promising until Alleria. He is not looking for "allies" but students. This is not a racial leader, this is a class trainer.

After Alleria successfully gains void magic, learning that other races than Ethereals can harness this, he will then seek out more students on Azeroth, and Alleria is the base of what the new class will be.

Mail wearer

Melee dps: Dagger wielding spec, since we only have 1 real dagger wielding class. Feral doesn't count because they don't have Dual wielding.

Ranged dps: Bow user cause...let's face it, we need another bow user.

Then a healer/tank class depending on how Blizz wants to do it, or just 2 specs like DH.

If the next expansion is about the Old Gods. Who better help prepare Azeroth to fight the void, than someone who has harnessed it himself, and for thousands of years.
    Yeahh...... Locust Walker is setting out to be more of a grey character/bad guy, so why would any of the races join his Void class? Why would have of the factions allow him in their cities, especially when we have Turalyon and the Army of Light coming back to Azeroth to stand as counter to him.

Besides, we already have 3 shadow specs in the game atm and especially Sub rogues stands against your class idea, since they already are quite shadowy. Your class might be void, but they will look at the same and have some of the same theme around them, as melee shadow users.

All in all, i would be extremly surprised if your idea even comes to pass just a tiny little bit. Alleria seems to be builded up as a unique shadow character and not as the start of a new class. Besides, Legion was all about using the enemies power against them (demon hunters against demons) and it would be too much of a repeat of theme, if 8.0 was all about using the power of the void against the Void Lords.

Alot of faults and very little argumental background.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Really hope the class name won't contain "locus" though - it's Latin for location/place, but at least in German, Lokus a slang term/euphemism for toilet - "the silent place".
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.