Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My MOM and

1. Noam Chomsky
    2. Bruce Lee
    3. Terence McKenna
    4. Howard Stern
    5. Dr Martin Luther King Jr.
    those are some really bad people to be influenced by. Like really..I dont know what you were thinking. Alll of them are really bad choses. (This is how this thread works, right?)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Then I suggest you listen to and/or read their works. Education will enlighten you
    i dunno man whenever i watch something of those kind of people on youtube they strike me as just as crazy/extreme as the people they argue against. i guess it's the nature of a polarized space but really it doesn't help them much.

Sam Walton, founder of Walmart.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Saul Alinsky
    Aldous Huxley
    George Orwell

And probably my parents, even though they were largely negative influences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I suggest you listen to and/or read their works. Education will enlighten you
    I have listened to all three at length, Richard Dawkins is kind of a cult figure, most of what he says is really not all that brilliant or NEW, however he does seem to rattle on like a raving lunatic against some of the very same ideas he sites correctly for having the same type of people.

Sam Harris is basically a Comedian turned Guru and free speech Icon, because he like Dawkins kind of says what used to be a lot of controversial stuff. Since he has also been a cult like figure, he has bumped heads with many intellectual betters.

As for Steven Pinker, near as I can tell concerning his geneticism fetish is that he is pretty good at making a lot of broad comparisons with not a whole hell of a lot of fact behind it, not the least of which goes along with his Right Wing Conservative Think Tank organization, American Enterprise Institute AEI.

If you haven't googled them you should check them out. But at the best all three just opportunist in much the way that the 700 club is. Or all of the above are white supremacist.

In any event interesting choices Just surprised haha
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-10-12 at 02:24 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    i guess it's the nature of a polarized space but really it doesn't help them much.
    Rational discourse doesn't mean being agreeable, it means fighting for what is true. However, you need to avoid them in recorded 'publicity' stunts by religious nutters.

Focus in on their planned discussions - not the media snippets.

I listen to Sam Harris have a 2 hours in depth conversation on a single topic - it is one of the most satisfying experiences of a rational mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I have listened to all three at length, Richard Dawkins in kind of a cult figure,
    Well - ONE of those two sentence fragments is incorrect as they contradict each other.

Please determine which one it is, so I can proceed with further response.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    those are some really bad people to be influenced by. Like really..I dont know what you were thinking. Alll of them are really bad choses. (This is how this thread works, right?)
    No, but since you started go on continue.

Those 5 are great influences.

Every person I mentioned is and/or was a great mind, and genius in their fields and perspectives, which were rooted in fundamental understandings regarding their interest and causes.

Doing what most people only ever figure out part of, and spend life times and years figuring out later.

- - - Updated - - -

Rational discourse doesn't mean being agreeable, it means fighting for what is true. However, you need to avoid them in recorded 'publicity' stunts by religious nutters.

Focus in on their planned discussions - not the media snippets.

I listen to Sam Harris have a 2 hours in depth conversation on a single topic - it is one of the most satisfying experiences of a rational mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Well - ONE of those two sentence fragments is incorrect as they contradict each other.

Please determine which one it is, so I can proceed with further response.
    I have listened to all three at length, Richard Dawkins is kind of a cult figure

Yeah I fixed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Momofuku Ando
    2. Hayao Miyazaki
    3. Captain Picard
    4. Osamu Tezuka
    5. The creator of Bulldog sauce

.....rubbish posting removed...
    Well, if you want to start editing responses - it does sort of set the stage for why you don't like rational discourse.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-10-12 at 02:49 PM.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

1. Myself
    2. Myself
    3. Myself
    4. Myself
    5. Myself

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    1. Goku.

2. Sargeras.

3. Vegeta.

4. Yamcha (He taught me not to be weak. Since, if you're weak, then you're Yamcha).

And 5. Madoka Magica. She taught me that trailers for her show are nothing more than Illusions. D:
    1. Goku

2. Naruto

3. Vegeta

4. Sasuke

5. Peter Griffin / Rick Sanchez

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you want to start editing responses - it does sort of set the stage for why you don't like rational discourse.
    Yeah, when you start editing my post, then you shouldn't complain the same is done with yours, nor should you think you have any room to dictate terms. You like who you like, I'm moving on.

Deleted
    My idols are better than yours.
    The thread.

1. My father
    2. My mother
    3. Albert Camus
    4. My older sister
    5. Cormac McCarthy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    My idols are better than yours.
    The thread.

Name 5 of the most influential people to you.

Doesn't have to be an idol, as I said, just whoever had an influence on you, simple as that.

1. Genghis Khan
    2. Geronimo
    3. Sitting Bull
    4. George Carlin
    5. Eric Draven

Honorable mention: Ferris Bueller and Deadpool
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Yeah, when you start editing my post
    Sorry, you've lost me now.

1. My mother
    2. My history professor
    3. Milton Friedman
    4. The CPC (It taught to hate everything related to it and redpilled me on trade)
    5. My brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, you've lost me now.
    It doesn't really matter, you changed one of the quotes of me to something else, I did the same thing about you liking chinese food, no big deal. I deleted it because it wasn't meant to be serious. Anyways thanks for the picks, interesting selection.

It doesn't really matter,
    Exactly... next time don't start playing with fire if you don't want the fire nation to come and play.